Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 02:42 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
My Dad's 93 Grand Cherokee

This past weekend I was offroading with my dad's Grand in a small river. Water height was no more than 12 inches when suddenly and from nowhere, some *sshole(s) had digged a whole in the river causing the front end of the jeep to dive entirely. so the engine stopped and the interior was filled with water. it has been three days in the sun now, it all dried up, but we couldn't get it started. pls any help? what should i look for? all the fuses were checked... the engine oil changed, but we still suspect the alarm has disabled the Jeep, what do you think guys? and if you can help me out on how to disable the alarm??? plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss help

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:49 AM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
This past weekend I was offroading with my dad's Grand in a small river. Water height was no more than 12 inches when suddenly and from nowhere, some *sshole(s) had digged a whole in the river causing the front end of the jeep to dive entirely. so the engine stopped and the interior was filled with water. it has been three days in the sun now, it all dried up, but we couldn't get it started. pls any help? what should i look for? all the fuses were checked... the engine oil changed, but we still suspect the alarm has disabled the Jeep, what do you think guys? and if you can help me out on how to disable the alarm??? plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss help
Keep it in a furnace or boiler for sometime.. .. just j/k..

-Pavan
Old 08-18-2005, 04:02 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
I took a break for 1 hour and went to see it. It is definitely an Alarm thing. I need to disable it, it is still the original.

PLS SOMEBODY HELP MEEEEE

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:21 AM

Danny there has to be a Jeep or off-road forum that will probely be able to help you ! I hope you get it worked out ,sorry i'm no off-roader so i know i'm know help! Just want to give you support! Good luck!
Old 08-18-2005, 05:24 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
I am trying to log in, but i am getting something like :
The administrators have banned your email from entry........ so i tried like 5 other emails still the same problem.... What's the problem??????????

Old 08-18-2005, 06:59 AM
Giong back to the beaters...

Take the spark plugs out and crank it a few times to make sure the enginge is not hydrolocked... Oh and if you haven't done it recently then I'll also reccomend that you change the fluid in the Front and rear differentials.
89 240sx se red ~165k miles Gone and unknown
89 240sx se Black~185k R.I.P.
85 Toyota pickup ~205k R.I.P.
85 BMW 325e ~ Gone and unknown
85 Ford Mustang getting engine swap now!
05 Colorado ~108k Daily Driver

Last edited by thundering02; 08-18-2005 at 07:00 AM. Reason: More Thought
Old 08-18-2005, 07:06 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundering02
Take the spark plugs out and crank it a few times to make sure the enginge is not hydrolocked... Oh and if you haven't done it recently then I'll also reccomend that you change the fluid in the Front and rear differentials.
I have done all that, i changed the spark plugs and put new ones, but that d*mn alarm keeps popping not allowing the engine to "take off"...... I bet it is full of water or vapor, i need to disable it completely...........

Old 08-18-2005, 10:16 AM
That's gona leave a mark.

not sure I understand the "alarm" issue.

I worked on my brothers '93 for years, never had the alarm keep it from firing. Is this an aftermarket alarm?

did you pull the distributor cap and plug wires (from the cap)? They are prone to leak and hold water for a long time. Any water under the distributor cap will keep it from firing.

the Chick Magnet:
91 Justy GL EFI 4x4 154k (new motor @120k)

90 Yamaha V-Max
82 Yamaha XJ650LJ Turbo
My Diver Propulsion vehicle:
88 Jeep Cherokee 160k
"U-sta-have"
88 XT6 AWD Pearl,
86 XT Lt Blue,
85 XT AWD/4x4 Turbo Space Blue
Old 08-18-2005, 10:52 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

If the alarm's going off the car won't start. In my moms camry (1998)....when the alarm is engaged you can turn the key and nothing will happen. I think i see where danny is coming from. But I would have no idea how to disable it.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 08-18-2005, 02:29 PM
That's gona leave a mark.

MAybe my brother had a different set up- starting the car turned teh alarm off. I thought it was factory through.

the Chick Magnet:
91 Justy GL EFI 4x4 154k (new motor @120k)

90 Yamaha V-Max
82 Yamaha XJ650LJ Turbo
My Diver Propulsion vehicle:
88 Jeep Cherokee 160k
"U-sta-have"
88 XT6 AWD Pearl,
86 XT Lt Blue,
85 XT AWD/4x4 Turbo Space Blue
Old 08-18-2005, 08:16 PM
SVXtra

Sorry for the elementary answer

But have you tried to reset the electrical system by removing the negative cable off the battery for a few seconds?
Old 08-18-2005, 09:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXgarcia
I had a similar problem with my 97 Nissan Maxima, the stock alarm was keeping me form starting the car. After days of trying to look for help in forums I decided to take another good look at the engine and noticed that there was a relay for the security system. I removed the relay and any other fuse related to the security system and decided to start the car and BINGO it fired right up. So my question is Does the jeep have any relays for the security system? if so try removing the relays and any fuses relating to the security system and try to start it up that way. Good Luck.
Also, check the starter(it is an electrical part maybe it got water damage)
Old 08-18-2005, 10:10 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
My moms 93 has the same problem and has had it for years.
It was funny becaue the horn eventually wore out and when you press it it makes some strange hippo mating call.

But yeah she is finally selling it and some kid tried to buy it, but he made the alarm go off and it wouldn't start back up, so she is thinking of uninstalling the alram/autostart.

The auto electric guys couldn't figure it out.

Great vehicle, though.

Still for sale.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:29 PM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
Ok let me explain it further:
The jeep's front end was completely submerged with water, which eventually got into the interior compartment from door speakers and AC vents.
What happened was that the engine stopped (of course) and the alarm went on. even below water, the horn was working!!
The first thing I did is remove the negative of the battery. AND GUYS THIS IS STILL THE FACTORY SECURITY SYSTEM WHICH KEPT BLINKING ON THE DASH BEFORE I REMOVED THE NEGATIVE....
After drying it in the sun, I changed the spark plugs, couple of fuses and all oil issues (engine, tranny......) I tried to put the negative back and here comes the alarm again. I tried to disable it with the remote, still nothing happened. they gave me a hint about disabling it using a Pink/White wire located on the driver side door handle... still the alarm blinking and not allowing the jeep a full start.
It is a pain in the *ss , i need to remove entirely the whole system!!!

Old 08-19-2005, 03:37 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX
hehe, GR8 news, it was saved, The Jeep worked today perfectly, it seemed there was a little bit of water inside the alarm module, and now it evaporated and run perfectly. thanks for all those who helped me...