Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southwest Region
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 04:06 PM

Damm, can't make it on the 3rd
Old 08-26-2005, 10:58 PM
Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalsvx
Whats stopping you. Could sure use another SVX out there for this first meet.

- Jason
Old 08-27-2005, 11:43 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXcellent
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalsvx
I'm guessing he can't make it cuz of distance. Grass Valley isn't exactly close! Am I right, norcalsvx?
Old 08-28-2005, 01:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gravija
i might be able to make it, but fremont might be a little far for my parents to let me drive to.

will i be the youngest person there? im only 17!
Old 08-28-2005, 02:07 PM

Its not the drive its that we have a house boat rented for that weekend, ill be there for the next one
Old 08-29-2005, 12:36 AM
Kiteless

WellI can understand if you do not want to make the drive. But having a house boat rented is another thing. With some luck there will be others.

Gravija: 17 eh? Well If you would like, send me a PM and I will give you my phone number. They can call me if they like. Please let them know what I have planned for the meet. I am thinking for this first meet we may not drive down to San Jose after all. Just hang out and talk about our rides & drink soda, show off mods if we got em, stuff like that. As far as I can concerned. if you can act like an adult, I do not care what age you are. But I can not stand dealing with the punks still in high school whos mommy bought them a nice car, drives me nuts.

I am looking forward to this meet. I am hoping we can still get a few more RSVP's.

Oh can I hear some suggestions on what kind of soda you would like me to bring. Right now I am going to bring a 6 pack of Dew and a 6 pack of Dr. Pepper or Coke. I am not too fond of Coke, but everyone else seems to dig it.

- Jason
Old 08-29-2005, 05:36 PM
Why are people so demanding?

I wish I could be there, but instead I get to be in the beautiful country of Canada. I figure that even though I am only there for a week, that is one week I don't have to spend under Bush's iron fist... oops... hope I didn't offend anyone...err... wait, I take that back

Have fun everyone! Take pictures!

'07 Scion tC, 38K miles
Nothing special...

'08 Yamaha FZ6, 6K miles
MODs coming soon...
Old 08-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Where in Canada?
Old 08-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

Canada, eh?

Watch out for the bears in Banff.

I hear downtown Winnipeg is crawling with them

Quote:
BANFF, Alta. (CP) - A woman has been injured in a surprise encounter with a grizzly sow and her cubs in Banff National Park.

Pam Veinotte, communications manager for Parks Canada, says the incident occurred near a campground near the Lake Minnewanka Trail.

The woman was taken to hospital in Banff and later transferred to Calgary Foothills Hospital.

She is listed in stable condition.

Veinotte says the Minnewanka Trail and the surrounding vicinity have been closed and wardens are evacuating campers from the area as a precaution.

The attack comes just one day after 69-year-old Harvey Robinson of Selkirk, Man., was killed by a black bear near his rural home.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique14
Watch out for the bears in Banff.

I hear downtown Winnipeg is crawling with them
You bet! There's about 20 polar bears near the Legislature building downtown!

Reference Link
Old 08-30-2005, 05:43 PM
Kiteless

Well this thread seems to have helped to bring the locals out of the wood work. We will have another meet I am sure. Some times even the really good things have to start small.

So it is Tuesday. Can I get a Final role call forom the folks that will be attending. Something like. "I will be there" posted in this thread would be great!

- Jason
Old 08-31-2005, 10:14 AM

Bad news from me. I need a new garage door. The only time available is...yep, Saturday. Damn.

--Matt
Old 08-31-2005, 12:15 PM
Kiteless

Well that scrubs the meet.

Bay Area Meet scrubbed.

I do not blame Matt and I am not trying to do any kind of guilt trip. We will just have to shoot for another date. Lets try and reschedule for late September. I will post a new thread and hopefully folks will have more open calanders in a month and we will end up with a much better meet.

Thanks for all the good communication.

- Jason

P.S. If anyone wants to just hang on Saturday and talk about our SVX's please let me know.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:32 PM

Thanks for not making me feel guilty. I do feel bad.

We have had 3 Bay Area meets. I have been to two of them and each time we had only 6 cars. Considering how many SVXs I see here in the South Bay, we should get waaaay more people interested. Hell, I pass one every dayon the way to work! I call it BAA (Bay Area Apathy).

Good to know that there are at least a few other excited SVX owners in the area other than blk97lsi and myself. Zamorush was also a great SVX supporter in the area, but he moved to So Cal.

I think blk97lsi gets back mid-month. And I should be free most days other than Sept 24 (autocrossing that day).

--Matt
Old 08-31-2005, 03:35 PM
Hitchhikin'

nordique, zamorush moved to So Cal? Refresh my memory... zamorush is Nic, right? I wish I could meet up with the Bay Area folks again, but I've been down in So Cal most of the time.

If Nic is down here, I'll have to try and recruit him for an LA meet... That way, at least I can tag along to the meet with somebody in an SVX. (mine's long gone, unfortunately)