Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Supercharged Projects

Old 04-24-2005, 11:19 AM

whe will be your final date to order it. I KNOW THAT THERE IS SEVERAL PEOPLE WHO WANT TO BUY THEM. JUST LIKE I DO. BUT I NEED SOME TIME. THE TRANY AND WHAT EVER ELSE I NEED TO BUY ARE THERE. BUT THE SUPERCHAGE WON'T. SO WHAT IS THE ANSWER BUY IT KNOW!!!! OR LIVE WITH OUT IT THE REST OF MY LIFE. I'M DOING EVEREYTHING IN MY CONTROL TO GET THE MONEY BUT JUST NEED SOME TIME. SO PLEASE LET US KNOW YOUR DEADLINE....
Old 04-24-2005, 01:57 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
What is the problem with waiting? I mean, I understand why you would want to get this off the ground asap but there should not be too much of a hurry on things. I mean cap, if I make enough money this summer, I may be able to buy it by the beginning of August but right now I cannot afford to. I have been following the progress of this project with great interest but if you are gonna leave us high and dry because there are not enough orders in 2 months that would seriously suck for us and for you. Well gotta run i hope to see that you get the orders soon. Hey EARL why don't you pick up 6 or 7 of these kits? that would make Mike all tingly inside?

Tom
Old 04-24-2005, 02:36 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
I'm sure Mikecg would be happy to answer that one. We need the system we have now on hand during the fabrication of the production batch. Mikecg is waiting to get his system. Would you like to ask him to wait till the end of summer?

There is no set deadline. I think we'll get the orders but if we don't you will likely hear about it after the fact just because we'll either be fabricating the parts or giving what we have to Mikecg. It's not like we just sprung a rush deadline on people. I made the announcement that we wanted some orders to justify making a batch of manifolds before we even finished the prototype fabrication.

I don't want to rush anyone or spur anyone who can't afford it into purchasing a system. We're just letting those who can afford it and want it to know that now is the time to buy it. We are a small business and have to propperly apply our capital to a limited number of projects not sink all of it into one which will never show an economic profit and only very limited accounting profit.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Maniac modifier

thnx for a complete layout of your plans. it is very helpful. Like I said, I hope to be able to buy one of these by then end of summer but I cannot promise anything. I am moving to Philadelphia in august so I will see how things go.

As for the rest of you. If you want this system he is right, don't wait for feedback from others as Mike has proved himself twice with making excellent modifications for our cars so why would this be different. Doing his homework and thinking his projects through he has been able to make us a kit that will be incredible. So please, help him, and many others, by purchasing some of the first kits so they will be available for others later on.

Tom
Old 04-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomssvx
thnx for a complete layout of your plans. it is very helpful. Like I said, I hope to be able to buy one of these by then end of summer but I cannot promise anything. I am moving to Philadelphia in august so I will see how things go.

As for the rest of you. If you want this system he is right, don't wait for feedback from others as Mike has proved himself twice with making excellent modifications for our cars so why would this be different. Doing his homework and thinking his projects through he has been able to make us a kit that will be incredible. So please, help him, and many others, by purchasing some of the first kits so they will be available for others later on.

Tom
Philadelphia? With the taxes you'll be lucky to afford food.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomssvx
What is the problem with waiting? I mean, I understand why you would want to get this off the ground asap but there should not be too much of a hurry on things. I mean cap, if I make enough money this summer, I may be able to buy it by the beginning of August but right now I cannot afford to. I have been following the progress of this project with great interest but if you are gonna leave us high and dry because there are not enough orders in 2 months that would seriously suck for us and for you. Well gotta run i hope to see that you get the orders soon. Hey EARL why don't you pick up 6 or 7 of these kits? that would make Mike all tingly inside?

Tom
2 Months!! This thing has been in the planning stages for a year. 7 Months of development. I paid for mine at the end of August last year. I have been exstremly patient. I agreed to give ECUTune a little long even though the proto-type is done, because I know they will be losing money if they cant sell more. It's hard to give up $5000 for something and waiting this long for it. Everyone know it was coming and if you were serious about it you could have started saving up. I've managed to put away enough to pick up another SVX and do a manual conversion on it plus an extra $2000 saved up for some boby parts and eventually a paint job. I know some of you are in school and make less then me, but you could have put a little away each month.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:57 AM

I Guess We All Have Different Situation. People I'm Sure Have Save Up The Money. And Emergencys Happend. But I Don't Care About Numbers I Care About Getting It. When In The Las 4 Months You Buy A New Tranny,clutch, Motor Mounts. Radiator Just Broke, Just Bought A House, Girl Got Sick, Mother Getting Married. Need To Buy Another Car Because Svx Is Not Running Because Of Radiator... And I Can Go On... But I Need To Make The Money To Buy The Supercharge!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2005, 11:09 AM
Maniac modifier

This is a sign up thread, we really shouldn't be talking about this here. sorry for getting off topic.

Tom
Old 04-25-2005, 05:40 PM
Just some dude.

I was just explaining one of the reasons the twin screw blower far outperforms a turbo system for street use on the svx and thought I'd share it here--particularly since Mychailo had asked about every day driving performance. The #'s I used in the example i was making are rough estimates for 5 or 6 lbs instead of 6 or 7 just because we were discussing what if's with 91 octane and 100+ temps.

I don't think you'd have any problems running 7 lbs on our kit there. If you did you'd just have to go down to 6 lbs or 5 lbs which you could do in 10 minutes with a $40 pulley. Remember with the positive displacement blower even if you went down to 5 or 6 lbs you wouldn't just be getting a 40% increase in peak power. Right at throttle you'd be getting a 40% of 100% ve increase plus the difference between the factory volumetric efficiency which is pretty low at low rpms and 100% volumetric efficiency. I don't have the ve curve in front of me right now but let's just pick a # and say it's 80%. The increase from 80% ve to 100% ve is a 25% increase. The 40% of 100% ve is a %50 increase. That's a 75% increase in the most important part of the power band where a turbo will give you little or nothing.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Just some dude.

We haven't received the check yet so nothing is guaranteed but we have recieved the first promise that a check is on the way. That's one of two. Mychailo, where are your thoughts now?
Old 04-25-2005, 06:20 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname
We haven't received the check yet so nothing is guaranteed but we have recieved the first promise that a check is on the way. That's one of two. Mychailo, where are your thoughts now?
Michael,... All kinds of thoughts going thru my head right now! :-) I just spent $7k putting in a new fence at my rental property. Could have been better spent on an S/C. :-) More seriously though, the kit looks very promising, but after thinking about it, it would be a bad financial move for me to buy your S/C right now. The wife would have my head! Plus, I'd want to have the afr and timing map optimized for water injection, and I'm not sure you're willing to do that.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Just some dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
Michael,... All kinds of thoughts going thru my head right now! :-) I just spent $7k putting in a new fence at my rental property. Could have been better spent on an S/C. :-) More seriously though, the kit looks very promising, but after thinking about it, it would be a bad financial move for me to buy your S/C right now. The wife would have my head! Plus, I'd want to have the afr and timing map optimized for water injection, and I'm not sure you're willing to do that.

I hear ya,

As far as the optimizing for water injection it's not that I'm not willing it's that I don't think there really is such a thing. I'll make whatever the demand is for. Thus far in my revisions of the ignition timing for the svx , this means all of my work on the svx not stage III, I have found the best policy is to be conservative with the timing. It takes more timing retard to stop detonation than you would have to take out not to have it to begin with. I have never added any ignition timing to any of the base maps in any svx software. I found that I can add it to the revision table and the active knock system effectively adds it in where it can. On the other hand when timing needs to be taken out I take it out of the base ignition table. If I take too much out in an area then the active advance seek effectively adds it back in. I haven't done any adjusting of the ignition tables for stage III yet but I'm pretty sure I won't be taking much timing out and what little I may take out the active ignition advance system can put back in. As for the afr I am expecting to run an afr very much like the one in stage 1. Again the whole idea behind this engine management system is it can handle any changes you make to your engine hardware as long as you aren't exceeding or degrading the abilities of the engine management system. Once you have a stage III you can go and do whatever changes you want to the engine that won't exceed 550hp and the engine management will handle it fine.

Last edited by longassname; 04-25-2005 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:52 PM
Just some dude.

Again, no check yet so nothing is %100 definite but I've received the 2nd commitment.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:38 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
I expect that my finances will be in good order by the end of the year, so maybe we can talk a little more about optimizing the maps for water injection at that time if you are still in the S/C business. I hope that you are.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:21 PM
check out www.planetsvx.com

Yeah Mike
I mentioned the water injection idea a while ago, and you didnt really respond. I think its a good idea just because
of our heat and elevation in Az, so not sure if its for
everyone.
You think you would have to re-map a chip for it ?
I figured you could leave it alone, because someone
may be using it, you tell us.
Seriously, if I didnt have my Soarer, Id be all over this mod for an Svx. But the Soarer pretty much fills the craving of needing to go fast whenever I need it.

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: