How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2004, 04:58 PM

Angry Tranny Selonoid C

I spent from 5pm to 3am yesterday replacing that damn thing in my drive way.... My power light code didn't return upon start up. My broken selonoid had its power wire severed it appears...it might still have worked, but why chance it when I had the replacment right there. So, hooray on a sucessful repair. I have some pics I took ok the inside of the transmission extension housing too... I will try to get 1 or 2 up just for those that are curious about what/where duty selonoid C is.

Ps. I destroyed 2 exhaust bolts and my car is now going to the dealer next week to fix them because Im tired of working on it for this weekend. The car can sit and think about what it has done. They were the last two bolts for me to have to put on too.

Pss. Batt. Brake, and Stoplight are flickering lightly from time to time.... I'm think alternator is on its way out? How about you all?

UPDATE: I went back and did the f'n bolts myself.

Last edited by 87f383; 10-02-2004 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-25-2004, 06:11 PM
Making tires round, Six now :)

I did my solonoid C too. I purchased new exhaust bolts, springs, studs, nuts before I started. How did you do putting the extension back on? That was a real difficult task for me getting the clutch plates to line up.
Old 09-25-2004, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by svx_commuter
I did my solonoid C too. I purchased new exhaust bolts, springs, studs, nuts before I started. How did you do putting the extension back on? That was a real difficult task for me getting the clutch plates to line up.
It took a couple stabs...I would spin it a bit and see if it would line up... then spin, stab, lather, rinse, repeat... took about 4 tries... went smoother than I expected. I'd rather do it again than line up input shafts and a pilot bearing on a manual... i hate that more than most anything.
Old 10-02-2004, 05:28 PM

Angry

Drove my car for the first time in a week. Code 24 again and the FWD fuse still does nothing. Id doesn't feel like its binding as much as before. My transfer clutch looked good when I pulled it. Perhaps my TCU is dying.

In regards to my flickering instrument lights... my alternaotr checks out fine.... I wonder if these two probs are connected. I doubt it... but then again, I do drive an SVX.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 87f383
Drove my car for the first time in a week. Code 24 again and the FWD fuse still does nothing. Id doesn't feel like its binding as much as before. My transfer clutch looked good when I pulled it. Perhaps my TCU is dying.

In regards to my flickering instrument lights... my alternaotr checks out fine.... I wonder if these two probs are connected. I doubt it... but then again, I do drive an SVX.
Ummm I think its working ok. Power light blinks when car comes on but does not stay iluminated solid like before. Guess I need to find a way to clear it memory. Car seems to be driving like a champ now this evening. My SVX hates me... I'm starting to dislike her back.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:58 PM
Giong back to the beaters...

Quote:
Originally posted by 87f383

I'd rather do it again than line up input shafts and a pilot bearing on a manual... i hate that more than most anything.
Personally I've done this in a manual and would rather deal with it than ANY auto. By the way my powerlite comes on after disconecting the resitor, and I've checked the fluids and it's still good any thoughts?
89 240sx se red ~165k miles Gone and unknown
89 240sx se Black~185k R.I.P.
85 Toyota pickup ~205k R.I.P.
85 BMW 325e ~ Gone and unknown
85 Ford Mustang getting engine swap now!
05 Colorado ~108k Daily Driver