Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 06-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

I did tap the gas while the car was lifted, but I never took the rpms above 1500. I didn't want the car to shake and unsettle the stands.

I reconnected my resistor and will see if it makes any change.

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by red95svx
You'd be surprised. The only way to get the rear wheels to spin when the car is lifted is to step on the gas. Otherwise only the fronts will spin, and even then they spin real slow.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 06-07-2004, 06:35 PM

Weird???

I tested my AWD system again on the way home by putting my front wheels on gravel, while my rear wheels were on a concrete bridge - brought the revs up to 2000rpms and dropped the gas pedal. No tire spin and the car lunged forward smoothly.

Also, my CE light hasn't come on since plugging in the resistor and reseting the ECU - and I've done a few blasts to redline along with some slow idling city driving.

Knock-on-wood everything is good, but I realize it's too early to know for sure...

-Chike

Old 06-08-2004, 03:11 AM
SVX Appeal

If the AWD isn't working, a little bit of aggressive driving will evince it pretty readily. If you punch it from a stop, the front tire(s) will spin and will not stop until you reach speed or let off the throttle. On a wet day, there's no way you won't notice. On a dry day, you'll most likely notice when at a stop, and then turning right or left from a light or stop sign.

Yeah, they behave kinda quirky when the wheels are off the ground. I'm not sure why that is.

Incidentally, my transfer clutch basket repair has been working perfectly. I had to drag a car sideways the other day, and was faced with using a RWD van, a 400lb garden tractor, or a 3800lb AWD SVX. The SVX had no trouble dragging the car, until the rim with a flat tire on it dug into the dirt. This caused the SVX to spin three tires. (The rear two-and passenger front.) Apparently the transfer clutch works very well in reverse.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:11 AM

Well my transmission still hasn't tripped a CE light, and my AWD still seems to be working. I can definitely feel a push from the rear when going around some corners. I guess I'll really know if it's working again on the next rainy day...

So you dragged a car sideways with the SVX? If your transfer clutch basket repair held up to that, you know you fixed it pretty darn good!

-Chike