Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 09-21-2003, 02:30 PM
Ratfink

Power Window Cable

1992 SVX.

The cable/reel assembly on the driver's side power window has become tangled up and the reel damaged after I replaced the sleeve lock regulator. I need to determine if the "Motor assembly-regulator,front left" (61188A/85511PA010 on Subaruparts.com) includes the cable and reel.

In case I'm not making sense, the cable I'm talking about is what physically moves the window up and down. It is attached to the Regulator Assembly by the Sleeve Lock Regulator.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Old 09-22-2003, 12:43 AM
The Molinator

regulator/motor

It appears the number/part you list for the motor is for the motor only (about $130). The regulator is the metal framework/brackets with cable and pulleys (about $76).

What got damaged? Can't it be fixed? My cable was loose - Maybe yours was too, then got off track (pulley, reel, or ?)?

I'd be surprised if you need both! Good Luck!

P.S. Maybe the cable can be untangled, retightened (top of motor, adj screw) and still be functional?
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!

Last edited by James Scott; 09-22-2003 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:38 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I used a bicycle brake cable on my svx for the window wire. It has been over 3 years now and has not given me any problems.

The trick when putting in a new cable is keeping tension on it when winding it on the pulley. Use the power of the motor to wind the new cable on and don't let it get slack or it will get a backlash bird's nest worse than you every saw on your old abu garcia baitcaster.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.