Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Suspension

Old 03-30-2012, 12:48 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Possible new suspension alternative - Stance Coilovers

The ones AMR says they'll make are supposed to offer customization like some others. I expect mine to be street coilovers with the ability to drop my ride height by an inch or two. I haven't had a chance to really research what I'm looking for in coilovers but know that I really don't need alot of options. I like some of the descriptions you guys have written. I like the notion of it becoming a sports/luxury rather than luxury/sports car. There's some sponginess to the SVX ride, I think, and I'd like to tighten it up. I notice it when shifting from 1st to 2nd, when accelerating and braking, and tight corners. Not bad, just could be better.

Anyone know of any performance drawbacks to lowering, how it affects handling?
Old 03-30-2012, 06:07 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Possible new suspension alternative - Stance Coilovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYOSVX View Post
Anyone know of any performance drawbacks to lowering, how it affects handling?
If you make it too low, the control arms are angled up instead of down = terrible for the suspension geometry and can make the handling a lot worse. Mine is lowered in the front less than two inches (maybe 1.5) and the control arms are almost level. The back is only a little lower than stock. I wouldn't even consider lowering it more. It looks good, and not ricey at all, and is at a good height performance-wise as far as I can tell.

Other than that, the main drawback is scraping on stupidly designed roads/driveways/speedbumps.

Well, I guess that only applies to street driving. Offroading, you might encounter some unique problems with it lowered.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album