How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 04-24-2011, 08:11 PM

Registered SVX
Fuel pump resistor

So my car decided not to start on me again today, after resetting my timing belt and installing a new tensioner. I could not hear the fuel pump kick on, so I started digging around. I got 10v at the pump, which seemed understandable since the wiring is almost as old as I am. I decided I would see if unplugging the resistor would help. So I unplugged it and BAM, car started without a problem.

I know I should probably not run the pump without the resistor, but a guys got to do what a guys got to do to get to work. However, the only thing it says on it is A15-000R20, and I cannot find the part number anywhere.

I also plan on replacing the pump just in case soon, and will probably go with the wahlbro (I probably butchered that spelling).

Thanks in advance for the help, guys.

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
11:1 CR ECUTUNE pistons
ECUTUNE .256 duration intake/exhaust cams
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Z32 MAF/SR20DET injectors
Balanced & Blueprinted
Old 04-25-2011, 01:18 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Fuel pump resistor

Turns out the pump was the problem. I have one on order. It must have just been getting weak, so unplugging the resistor allowed it to work for a few minutes longer.

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Balanced & Blueprinted
Old 04-25-2011, 02:27 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Cool, does this mean you've got all your issues sorted and ready for some dyno time??
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 04-25-2011, 02:29 PM

Registered SVX

Not sure yet...hopefully. I still need to do the ring gear in the rear diff to match up my ratios. But trust me, I'm working on it.

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Balanced & Blueprinted
Old 04-26-2011, 10:34 PM

Registered SVX

So I did my fuel pump today...it was not all that bad once I got that clip off. I used an american made pump replacement since that is what my buddys shop was able to get through worldpac. I am pleased so far. Installation was simple, it fit correctly, and it seems that even though the filter is clocked slightly differently my floater still works properly.

EVEN BETTER NEWS, I am not "counting my chickens yet", but the idle seems to have improved. It has gone from rough and bouncy to slightly rough, like its got some lobe in the cams . I will see if it will improve with a little tweaking here and there (by that I mean the throttle body), then I can get around to restoring the rest of the car.

I will keep everyone posted on the running condition of the car since so many of these threads die without an answer.

Thanks to OT who I talked to on the phone today, as well as a couple other people (Nikfu had a helpful pic of the clip in an older thread) who contributed useful info.

I think I am still light headed from the gas

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Balanced & Blueprinted