Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 06:28 AM
Chris_8472

Coming up to 200,000km

Hey there.

I have about 186,500km on my car and I'll need a lot of parts for the 200k service. Anyone know where to get generic parts? specifically, fan belt, timing belt, tensioner, rocker cover gaskit kits?

They are so expensive through Subaru.

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:18 AM
Mr Soob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_8472
Hey there.

I have about 186,500km on my car and I'll need a lot of parts for the 200k service. Anyone know where to get generic parts? specifically, fan belt, timing belt, tensioner, rocker cover gaskit kits?

They are so expensive through Subaru.

Thanks.
I paid Subaru for mine, got them to do the whole service. Although it cost me a bomb, I think it was worth it. Can run like a dream afterwards (even though it seemed fine beforehand).

Otherwise, eBay is your only option (keep in mind they are Subaru OEM parts). No other manufacturer makes parts that I would consider putting on an SVX (but then again I am an elitist).
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178

Last edited by McTaff; 10-26-2005 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Because my spelling sucks.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:08 AM
Bipa

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTaff
I paid Subaru for mine, got them to do the whole service. Although it cost me a bomb, I think it was worth it. Can run like a dream afterwards (even though it seemed fine beforehand).

Otherwise, eBay is your only option (keep in mind they are Subaru OEM parts). No other manufacturer makes parts that I would consider putting on an SVX (but then again I am an elitist).
Add me to the elitist club As you can see in my post up in General Babble, I drove almost 300km to a Subaru dealer with SVX experience in Switzerland to have our SVX overhauled. Was worth it!
Old 10-26-2005, 11:05 PM

If you intend to keep the car then pay Subaru to do the job and it won't miss a beat. By now the cam belt idlers will be shoot and need replacing. If it was me I would also replace the thermostate and put a kit in the power steering pump. At 200,000 k they can give trouble from here on in.
Tony
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX 255 K Wife (Want to stay Married so not allowed to fit SC)
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
1995 - SVX Green low k mint condiation.
1995 - SVX Rally car, ex Matts car. Now to be used on track.
1992 - SVX red & Black being converted to Mid Engine.
1995 - SVX Red 143,000 bit rough.
Owned 5 others Subaru back to a 1974 1400 GSR.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:12 AM

Send a message via ICQ to berger
i got my car @ 184,000KM, its at 189k now i think...

had the 200,000km service done at 179,000km, i saw the receipts, from a subaru dealer, they did the whole works to the car... $4000 for the full service, i dropped my jaw when i read the receipt!!! glad i did not have to pay that

Only thing i got coming up is a seal on the sump, i think, not sure, next service whatever it is will be fixed...