How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 07-28-2004, 05:21 PM
simonton

transmission work

my front differential went out a while ago and my car's been at the mechanic for a month; i went over to get some stuff out of it and i noticed that he had removed the passenger seat... i was just wondering why he might have to do this, he wasnt around when i went in so i didnt get a chance to ask.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:26 PM

I've personally had the auto box in & out twice on my SVX and found no need to remove anything in the car interior.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:46 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

well its been a month....maybe he's trying to make some deals

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 07-28-2004, 11:22 PM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX
mabey he hopped in it with a screwdriver in his back pocket and poked a hole in it. Did you see the seat?

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 07-30-2004, 11:05 AM
simonton

damn i was hoping for some positive answers here... now im really nervous...
i really hope my car is gonna be okay...

i went into the shop and saw another svx just like mine, it also had no passenger seat, then i saw my svx with a loose passenger seat still in the car, and the other svx's seat next to my car...

i really just want my car back in one piece!
Old 07-30-2004, 11:19 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Sorry to hear about your escapade...

I hope the mechanic fixes your car soon. I just did a tranny swap and sold my ol trans to a gentleman named Gil in Chicago. During the swap, there was no reason to remove the passenger seat???

The TCU & ECU are on the driver's side, so I can't think of any logical reason why your mechanic may do that...

Good luck!

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 07-30-2004, 01:14 PM
simonton

ya this really sucks because now i cant get a hold of the guy...

ive been waiting for him to do this work for like 5 weeks, he kept telling me he needed parts so i ended up coming here to find them for him. The last i heard he had ordered them, i dont know from who... but seein my car in pieces the other day was a sad sight, and then i noticed the seat was out.... when i sent in the car it wasn't for sure it that the trans was blown, later on he found the problem in the front differential. Is there anything at all under the passenger seat that he might have been checking? maybe not related to the trans...
Old 08-04-2004, 10:51 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
The only things under the passenger seat are the storage tray and the ABS module.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:12 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
I reccomend you not take it there anymore.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:38 PM
simonton

wow what a piss off...

after a good 7 weeks without my car... I've decided to take it to a subaru dealer. Im so sick of waiting around for this f*cking guy to do his job. He's just been screwing me because he's not getting paid for it.

But now i need to take it to subaru, and they're just going to replace the entire transmission. This work, unlike the work thats not getting done in the garage where my car is now, will cost me a f*ck load of money. Sets me back 3800...

I went to this other random garage because the dealer where i bought the car and warranty directed me... But it turns out the warranty i bought is now expired, and the only warranty i have is with this random garage - who's transmission rebuild has failed twice now in less than a year. So the 1500 dollar warranty i bought with the car is wasted on this guy, who's not living up to his own warranty (or is sure taking his sweet time) - and probly wont put sh*t together right anyways -- and god only knows what the hell is going on with my interior. So now im down 5300 on transmission repairs. when it could have just been the original 1500 had i only taken it to the subaru dealer in the first place...

and on top of all that... this last 7 weeks of waiting is for sh*t, because nothing got done, and now i need to wait for an entirely different mechanic

IM ****ING PISSED OFF