How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 05-30-2004, 01:48 PM
vollball81

Reverse gauges how to not in search

Lwin's how to does not work anymore I just got a set of reverse gauges and now i need to put them in. Anyone know where i can find a how to?? I searched and searched and couldn't find anything I have a 92 LSI
Old 05-31-2004, 12:26 PM
Crash

reverse glow guage install

The dash is easy to get out. If you see a screw remove it. The fake button on the end of each group (cruise etc,) slide off. This makes it possible to get the groups through the trim. But it is easier to just cut one side of the trim on both sides. Not noticeable you will know what I mean when you start. Unplug the clock (not easy). Remove the four screws holding in cluster. The entire unit will come out with a healthy tug. Another hangup is there are two screws that hold the grey plastic shroud to the instrument cluster. When you remove the whole unit they are in those two little holes in the center at the bottom.

Remove the little black screws. The faces WILL slide over the needles. I didn't believe it either. I used a tiny flathead to push it underthe round part on one side. This will give you enough play to get it over the needle extension on the opposite side. Replace little black screws. Next run the wires over the top. I made little notches with a dremel so everything is flush.

Facing the back of the panel there are two screw that hold the green electrical strip for the lights on top. Remove those screws take off the strip. The higher of the two is power the lower is ground. Slide the wires between the green film and white plastic. Make sure you are touching the copper rings. TIGHTEN it down, hard but don't strip it. Return plastic shroud. Make sure all clips are secure for both the grey and clear plastic pieces. Return the two screws earlier talked about. Push it back in. Make sure everything works. You might have to get a fill up. To check fuel. If so put it back together.

I replaced four of the big bulbs with blues leds. It looks good if you don't mind dark needles. No white light or green light bleeding through.
I put the included dimmer on high and set to blue and ran in down into steering column since I don't use it. Your stock dimmer will now work.

If you have any questions pm me I am glad to help.
To see what mine looks like check my locker.

GOOD LUCK!

Crash