Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > 25th Anniversary Meet (2017)

Old 04-29-2016, 05:15 AM
trying to misbehave more...

Registered SVX
Re: It's Comming !!

SVX PWR, I'm with you, happy to help. Did you pm Larry and receive a response? If not, maybe we can try email. I wasn't at the 10th, so don't know where to start with getting the event planned but it's certainly worth pursuing!
Nancy.
'95 LSi, a stock, superb, polo green, "not a garage queen"; Miss May in the '09 calendar! Sold in 2016.
'63 Studebaker Avanti; almost 20 years later, "open hood, pour in money" but what a design!
'64 Studebaker Daytona, red w/rag top; part of the Presidential Parade (as in DC) & probably why my right ear rings
'71 Mercedes 280 SEL; a partial restoration that always rode like a limo
'72 Datsun 240Z; simply fun, and the #2 sports car of the '70s
'73 Plymouth Scamp w/a small V-8; cute, and the faster I drove, the better the MPG
'90 Acura Legend; the last year of the first sports sedan, terrific handling plus comfy touring
Old 04-30-2016, 04:31 PM
dances with roads

Registered SVX

Subscribed!
2012 Tacoma 4wd v6 Access Cab
2013 Mercedes E350 4Matic Wagon
2005 STi - totaled after 10 great years
1994 SVX LSi 5spd - sold but not forgotten
2000 Legacy GT 5spd sedan - gone after 150K miles of bliss
Old 04-30-2016, 08:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to trueblue
Registered SVX

If you pull it off and make this event happen I am planing to drive from Cali to Indiana in true blue to attend.

The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see. -Winston Churchill

My baby: 94 lsi
My fast baby: 2001 Suzuki Marauder
My new baby: 2010 Subaru Outback
Old 05-01-2016, 03:10 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

I think it would be great if we could pull it off. It would be good to go somewhere new and the factory tour would be cool. It is a 9-1/2 hour drive according to MapQuest so it would be a big trip. I'd have to know first that there was a decent number of people committed to going.

A SOA trip to the performance attic would also be awesome, but I think people may want to get away from the northeast for a change.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007

Last edited by Sean486; 05-01-2016 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:39 PM
trying to misbehave more...

Registered SVX

Sean, maybe we can consolidate some thoughts we had at Reading. I'll throw out a few, and some new ones.

1. I wonder if there is a map that shows the distribution of SVX owners in North America, or one someone could extract from Earl's list of existing SVXs. (Tho we might have to be sure the location isn't skewed by the many recidivists - need owners, not cars!). Then we could locate the meet at a truly central point.
2. Many of us are concerned about driving older cars a long distance. For those who don't want to take cars but wouldn't miss the gathering, why not have a small group from various locales rent a large vehicle (car or van) and we could enjoy the company of like-minded people while sharing the cost and driving? I'm not above riding in an SVX-oriented vanpool!
3. As for people driving other vehicles to the meet, but who own SVXs or have memories of our former cars, we can represent them via pictures pinned to our clothes, like the ones we get at high school reunions (of our former selves). Not name tags, but a new kind of car tag!

Just my two cents....
'95 LSi, a stock, superb, polo green, "not a garage queen"; Miss May in the '09 calendar! Sold in 2016.
'63 Studebaker Avanti; almost 20 years later, "open hood, pour in money" but what a design!
'64 Studebaker Daytona, red w/rag top; part of the Presidential Parade (as in DC) & probably why my right ear rings
'71 Mercedes 280 SEL; a partial restoration that always rode like a limo
'72 Datsun 240Z; simply fun, and the #2 sports car of the '70s
'73 Plymouth Scamp w/a small V-8; cute, and the faster I drove, the better the MPG
'90 Acura Legend; the last year of the first sports sedan, terrific handling plus comfy touring

Last edited by Fancycargal; 05-01-2016 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-02-2016, 05:43 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean486 View Post
I think it would be great if we could pull it off. It would be good to go somewhere new and the factory tour would be cool. It is a 9-1/2 hour drive according to MapQuest so it would be a big trip. I'd have to know first that there was a decent number of people committed to going.

A SOA trip to the performance attic would also be awesome, but I think people may want to get away from the northeast for a change.
I think it is a 10:30 hour drive for me to the Reading meet, which I have attended a few times, so I know you can make it if I do (Which I plan on being there )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancycargal View Post
Sean, maybe we can consolidate some thoughts we had at Reading. I'll throw out a few, and some new ones.

1. I wonder if there is a map that shows the distribution of SVX owners in North America, or one someone could extract from Earl's list of existing SVXs. (Tho we might have to be sure the location isn't skewed by the many recidivists - need owners, not cars!). Then we could locate the meet at a truly central point.
2. Many of us are concerned about driving older cars a long distance. For those who don't want to take cars but wouldn't miss the gathering, why not have a small group from various locales rent a large vehicle (car or van) and we could enjoy the company of like-minded people while sharing the cost and driving? I'm not above riding in an SVX-oriented vanpool!
3. As for people driving other vehicles to the meet, but who own SVXs or have memories of our former cars, we can represent them via pictures pinned to our clothes, like the ones we get at high school reunions (of our former selves). Not name tags, but a new kind of car tag!

Just my two cents....
We have a map somewhere, but I'm afraid it is very dated, as MANY of the members on the map are no longer owners, or involved at all with the group...so not sure it would be the best one to go by....maybe start a new map of active members?

I like the car Tag/name tag ideal too
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 05-02-2016, 06:06 AM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

We need to form a planning committee. It's too much for one person.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007
Old 05-02-2016, 07:24 AM
dances with roads

Registered SVX

SVX owners map - 248 entries sortable by color! You can add yourself to it as well:

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=812933
2012 Tacoma 4wd v6 Access Cab
2013 Mercedes E350 4Matic Wagon
2005 STi - totaled after 10 great years
1994 SVX LSi 5spd - sold but not forgotten
2000 Legacy GT 5spd sedan - gone after 150K miles of bliss
Old 05-02-2016, 08:13 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
SVX owners map - 248 entries sortable by color! You can add yourself to it as well:

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=812933
That's the map I was referring to...it's got some pretty dated info...but looking at it, the Indiana 25 Anniversary Meet looks to be about the center of the numbers..... so there you go, a central meet.....
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 09-10-2016, 02:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to trueblue
Registered SVX

I think we have enough interest in this meet to make it happen, but no one has set a date. Did Larry have a planned date before he got ill?

Plant tours will be available during the entire month of May, therefore I suggest May 19-21 as a possible date for the meet. The roads should be clear of snow for those traveling from afar, and it will not be into the summer heat. This date can be moved forward or backwards in May if needed.

I am not part of an official planning commttee, (there is no commttee) so this is just an suggestion at this point. I hope someone picks up the ball and runs with it.

Kenyatta aka True Blue

The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see. -Winston Churchill

My baby: 94 lsi
My fast baby: 2001 Suzuki Marauder
My new baby: 2010 Subaru Outback

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: