Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2005, 07:06 AM

The best car wax?

Just want to throw this one out there! since we all buy these cars used, what are you people using for car wax. I haven't figured out to post pics on this sight yet!(remember i'm an old man ) , but I'll figure it out soon .I just have to say that if you clay bar your car first and clean it with dish soap, Then your ready for a SHINE. I use Liquid Glass and I still can't believe the shine I get .I had posted a couple weeks ago ,about what color to paint my SVX ,because it had been outside for the last 8 months with no washing to speak of other than the rain . I thought I was finally in for a paint job! Well I thought i would go to work, and I gave her a good bath and a bigtime claybar routine. . So Panel by panel I clayed it down,then washed the car with dish soap to strip any old wax off if I had any left Then applied a nice coat of liquid glass and when I was done ,I have to say I don;t think I'm In need a paint job anymore . It's like it melts on the car! Man I had forgotten how awesome this stuff is! One thing I did do is I had a guy come out and spray just my mirrors they were really faded to the point I could see the white plastic underneath . ,and he did a great job on the color match .After all said and done.I think I'm in the running for the cleanest 94 svx. MAN I STILL CAN'T BELEIVE IT . I am so happy now and maybe now I spend the money on the lowering springs I wanted to buy, Since I don't have to get a paint job yet