How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2003, 10:27 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Thumbs up Oh Canada, eh?

On the way to work this morning, I nearly took out a Canada Goose (is this just a "Goose" in Canada?) that had just taken off from a neighborhood pond. I got a great look at the bird as it flew past my windshield at eye level. Luckily it (and I) escaped unscathed.

I took this as an omen to recognize our Canadian members. Yes, I know that we're just one big world melting pot, but, it's nice to get recognition every once in a while, especially since we are mostly U.S. members and, simply, by virtue of numbers, dominate the conversations with things US.

So, hats off to our many Canadian members today. Just wanted you to know that your are greatly appreciated.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 02-04-2003, 10:48 AM
awdrocket92

Thanks Randy, but would you have been that nice if that goose hit your windshield? LOL.

we have mostly 3 sorts of goose. the snow goose ,the canada gooseand the ...goose!

hope to meet you guys some day

Marty
Old 02-04-2003, 11:17 AM
Hater

Re: Oh Canada, eh?

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
......especially since we are mostly U.S. members and, simply, by virtue of numbers, dominate the conversations with things US.
apparently you missed the lengthy (and intelligent) conversation about the "Strange Brew" movie.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 02-04-2003, 11:24 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Oh Canada, eh?

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

apparently you missed the lengthy (and intelligent) conversation about the "Strange Brew" movie.

Five golden toques!

Four pounds of backbacon

three french toasts

two turtle necks

and a . . . . . .

Take off, hoser!

(And, no. I probably wouldn't have been as nice if the Goose had hit the windshield. )
Subaru Ambassador

Old 02-04-2003, 11:28 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
I had a weird string of bird-related incidents last summer.

On a (rare) twisty MI road, with long grass right up to the pavement, a bird flew out right in front of my SVX. I didn't feel anything, so I figured that the bird was okay. Then I looked in my rear-view and saw the cloud of feathers.

That was Saturday. On Monday, I was walking back to the office after picking up a sandwich from Subway. Walking across 5th, a car passed in front of me and a bird swooped down from behind me and smacked right into the door of this car. The guy probably figured that I kicked his car. The bird was very stunned and couldn't even stand, but I wasn't about to pick it up.

On Tuesday, I was telling our office admin about these weird occurances when, <THUMP>, a large bird flew right into the window in front of me.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 02-04-2003, 11:31 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

On a (rare) twisty MI road, with long grass right up to the pavement, a bird flew out right in front of my SVX. I didn't feel anything, so I figured that the bird was okay. Then I looked in my rear-view and saw the cloud of feathers.

That was Saturday. On Monday, I was walking back to the office after picking up a sandwich from Subway. Walking across 5th, a car passed in front of me and a bird swooped down from behind me and smacked right into the door of this car. The guy probably figured that I kicked his car. The bird was very stunned and couldn't even stand, but I wasn't about to pick it up.

On Tuesday, I was telling our office admin about these weird occurances when, <THUMP>, a large bird flew right into the window in front of me.

Hmmm, shades of Alfred Hitchcock.

Amazingly, I've had experiences involving "flyling things" and "grass," also.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 02-04-2003, 11:42 AM
cjoffe

I was driving down the road one afternoon (at about 60 mph) when a large crow flew out of a bush and smacked into my winshield. I looked in the mirror just in time to see a car, two cars back from me, swerving all over the road when the thoroughly busted and bent bird thumped down on his hood and stuck there.

CJ
Old 02-04-2003, 11:59 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by cjoffe
I was driving down the road one afternoon (at about 60 mph) when a large crow flew out of a bush and smacked into my winshield. I looked in the mirror just in time to see a car, two cars back from me, swerving all over the road when the thoroughly busted and bent bird thumped down on his hood and stuck there.

CJ
Man, did that one make me laugh. Then I went back, read it again, and noticed that you said 'crow' and not 'cow.'

It's just as funny, and more believable, anyway.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 02-04-2003, 12:40 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Since this is way OT anyway - Nick, did you see the new rolling stone #916- there's a big article in there on game programmers and the digipen institute.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 02-04-2003, 12:56 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
Since this is way OT anyway - Nick, did you see the new rolling stone #916- there's a big article in there on game programmers and the digipen institute.
I haven't seen it, no. Should I go pick it up? Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 02-04-2003, 01:04 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I checked the website and they dont have it online - it was a cool article (but thats from someone who isnt actually a programmer) Maybe just read it in the supermarket line - I'd hate to see you drop $4 on that magazine at newstand prices since the majority of it is crap.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 02-04-2003, 01:15 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Amazingly, I've had experiences involving "flyling things" and "grass," also.
Humm sounds like someone was a bad boy
Old 02-04-2003, 01:22 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
I checked the website and they dont have it online - it was a cool article (but thats from someone who isnt actually a programmer) Maybe just read it in the supermarket line - I'd hate to see you drop $4 on that magazine at newstand prices since the majority of it is crap.
I'm not a programmer, either. But, I bet if it's in Rolling Stone, it wouldn't go too far over my head.

There has been an increasing amount of coverage in the media about our industry. Hopefully it doesn't get too revealing - most of us are not camera-friendly.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 02-04-2003, 01:32 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by MT maniac

Humm sounds like someone was a bad boy

That was YEARS ago.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I'd like to refresh the thread to its original purpose and, once again, pay homage to our Canadian members. Many thanks.

I certainly hope I'm not reminded in like manner to recognize members from other countries. I would know, beyond the shadow of a doubt that it was an omen if I had to dodge a Kangaroo or a Kiwi in Kentucky.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 02-04-2003, 03:08 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: canucks

yeah, canucks rock

looks like pockets is being stalked by "birds". always wondered where the movie came from.