How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2002, 06:15 PM

Fwd Fuse

when you put in the fwd fuse is there a light indicating this that illuminates when the fuse is in? if so where is this light.

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 08-25-2002, 06:18 PM

ah hah

cancel that question...i have figured it out, but does fwd mode hurt anything if used for a short period of a couple days?

Old 08-25-2002, 06:34 PM
Boone

Re: ah hah

Quote:
Originally posted by petesvx2
cancel that question...i have figured it out, but does fwd mode hurt anything if used for a short period of a couple days?
No problem, the feature is designed for running on the donut for short periods.... but no autocrossing.
Old 08-25-2002, 06:36 PM

which is exactly my purpose...the fuse will be in place until i have the new rubbers on. thanks for the help

Old 03-26-2003, 09:36 PM
check out www.planetsvx.com

going to Dyno my car

Quote:
Originally posted by petesvx2
which is exactly my purpose...the fuse will be in place until i have the new rubbers on. thanks for the help
What fuse box do you install the fuse ?
what location ?
or should i just look in my owners manuel ??
thanks....Dayle

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."
Old 03-26-2003, 09:58 PM
MINEZ BETTER

Re: going to Dyno my car

Quote:
Originally posted by Motorsport-SVX

What fuse box do you install the fuse ?
what location ?
or should i just look in my owners manuel ??
thanks....Dayle
it in the front bonnet, remove fuse cover. or better yet do you still have the fuse layout sticker on the black cover
white leathers, h.i.d, ecutune S/C stage 4, 14 inch 2piece rotors big brake kit., , msd ignition, c/f dash kit, front spoiler,carbon fiber jdm rearc wing,19 inch rims, nos, , aem fuel regulater, koni-gc package, ported cylinder heads, supercharger cams,solid buck and shims,wrx sti intake valve and exhaust valves,& valve springs, gas analizer,water injection, exhaust temp gauge, idiglo gauges, shift kit, , remote start, all automatic windows,2.5 inch true dual exhaust system with crossover, and 2 borla stainless steal muffler,air filter velocity air stack 3inch to 6 for air filtre, group n mounts, momo steering wheel, dyno will happan soon
Old 03-26-2003, 10:01 PM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
so the svx has a fwd fuse....
what years have it?

if it's anythign like the impreza (sorry to compare again, but i know a lot abotu them), then the fuse can be run indefinately, w/o any harm to anything, it just throws the center diff into full fwd bais, and it disables the awd transfer clutch so that it does not transfer power anywhere,
however, the imp is very undrivable w/ it in, there's tooooo much torque, i can't imagine how bad it is in the svx...
Old 03-26-2003, 10:03 PM
MINEZ BETTER

all years i believe, except the fwd model svx
white leathers, h.i.d, ecutune S/C stage 4, 14 inch 2piece rotors big brake kit., , msd ignition, c/f dash kit, front spoiler,carbon fiber jdm rearc wing,19 inch rims, nos, , aem fuel regulater, koni-gc package, ported cylinder heads, supercharger cams,solid buck and shims,wrx sti intake valve and exhaust valves,& valve springs, gas analizer,water injection, exhaust temp gauge, idiglo gauges, shift kit, , remote start, all automatic windows,2.5 inch true dual exhaust system with crossover, and 2 borla stainless steal muffler,air filter velocity air stack 3inch to 6 for air filtre, group n mounts, momo steering wheel, dyno will happan soon
Old 03-26-2003, 10:03 PM
SVXdriver_007

This question seems to come up quite a bit on other Subaru forums...From what evryone says itsfor emergency use only.

From my understanding this is only for Automatics since in Manual AWD is mechanicly controlled, I'm not sure about this though simply repeating what I've read.
Old 03-26-2003, 10:05 PM
MINEZ BETTER

Smile

whats project 007 rev 1
Old 03-26-2003, 10:10 PM
check out www.planetsvx.com

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXdriver_007
This question seems to come up quite a bit on other Subaru forums...From what evryone says itsfor emergency use only.

From my understanding this is only for Automatics since in Manual AWD is mechanicly controlled, I'm not sure about this though simply repeating what I've read.
But Dyno-ing my car IS an Emergency !!! LOL

CLICK the LINK below to Visit the SVX Store:

http://www.planetsvx.com

http://www.motorsportwarehouse.com/svx/sig2.jpg

Cars in the garage:
92 Toyota Soarer Single Turbo JDM RHD
70 Boss 302 Mustang 39k original miles
97 SVX Lsi
92 Liquid Silver Murano-ized (1st of its kind)
71 Cougar Xr7 Conv 351c 4v 4spd
69 SS Camaro 350
71 Nissan RHD Fairlady Z
70 Stang Fastback
70 Amc AMX 390
71 240z
89 Conquest TSi w/ 5.0 v8 swap
84 Mustang GT Turbo conv

"good, if it bleeds, we can kill it ....."
Old 03-26-2003, 10:12 PM
MINEZ BETTER

Quote:

better be.
Old 03-26-2003, 10:19 PM
SVXdriver_007

Nothing...anymore I was going to buy this car from a girl (before she wrecked it) but that got a bit hosed except it taught me a valuable lesson DONT LEND MONEY TO FAMILY IF YOU REALLY WANT IT BACK
The car was basicly in alot better shape then the one I picked up I figured it would make a better platform for my big plans (also slightly derailed). The black one has a large laundry list of problems but like my dive shirt says "When the will is strong , and the team is strong, everything else is easy" I want it bad and I found a pretty motivated mechanic . I swear the cat has oil running through him...Now I won't say I saw him drink oil, but one time I walked into his garage and he had a bottle of 10w-30 in his hand and was whyping his mouth with the back of his sleave.
Any way we're gonna fix her up with a bit of help from Dayle and hopefully smallcar, oh and my bankroll.
Old 03-26-2003, 10:21 PM
SVXdriver_007

Quote:

But it won't be an accurate dyno you'll be in retard mode...you saying there is no AWD dynos around?
Old 03-26-2003, 10:22 PM
MINEZ BETTER

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXdriver_007
Nothing...anymore I was going to buy this car from a girl (before she wrecked it) but that got a bit hosed except it taught me a valuable lesson DONT LEND MONEY TO FAMILY IF YOU REALLY WANT IT BACK
The car was basicly in alot better shape then the one I picked up I figured it would make a better platform for my big plans (also slightly derailed). The black one has a large laundry list of problems but like my dive shirt says "When the will is strong , and the team is strong, everything else is easy" I want it bad and I found a pretty motivated mechanic . I swear the cat has oil running through him...Now I won't say I saw him drink oil, but one time I walked into his garage and he had a bottle of 10w-30 in his hand and was whyping his mouth with the back of his sleave.
Any way we're gonna fix her up with a bit of help from Dayle and hopefully smallcar, oh and my bankroll.
lol i just pictured that scene
if i can be a help let me know