How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2009, 02:08 PM

Re: new svx owner in france ^^

Bonjour Naru et bienvenue sur SUBARU SVX WORLD NETWORK, je roule en coupé SVX aussi mais en blanc nacré, très rare d'ailleurs, où habites-tu en France ?

Bonne soirée...
http://subarupassion.vraiforum.com
Old 11-21-2009, 02:19 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1995SVX View Post
Most european SVXs have black leather. No american SVXs do.
Hey hey hey... thats not true, my car IS AMERICAN, and has BLACK leather interior, you know, not only USA is AMERICA!!
70' Olds Toronado
98' Renault Chamade
82' Honda Prelude
79' Honda Accord awaiting restomod.
69' Mustang Hardtop
67' Jeep Ford Willys awaiting restoration.
67' IKA Torino Coupe
74' Renault Torino Coupe
Old 11-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post

to svxistentialist : i dont realy know how to register my svx. i dont understand were i can found somes information, can you help me?
about football, i dont realy like this sport. it's too much about money, politics and theater. but i'm agree, the hand was were and the goal aren't nice and good. i'm for replay the match or better, give the match to the irland. french playing was ugly ...
Naru

Registration is easy. You just have to give us some information on your car to include in the registration database.

Earl is keeping a registration database for each year. In addition to this we are now also doing up a separate database for non-USA SVXes, and we will be proud to add your details to that list also.

The idea of doing the lists is to be able to uniquely identify each car, so that members can apply to us for a certificate. The registration certificate is a great help in getting Classic Car status for insurance purposes. It is also useful for showing the provenance of your vehicle. That will become more important as the cars get older.

Go to the SVX Registration Forum and enter the details:
92 Registration

Regards football I have to agree. There can not be honour in a sport where the players see it as their job to cheat if possible and if the ref does not see it.

Rugby is a million times a better game and it is always a pleasure to have the French playing us, win , lose or draw.

Soccer badly needs to adopt some of the Rugby control rules. If Thierry Henri [or any player, Irish or French] was sent to the sin bin for 10 minutes for a professional foul such as hand ball, that player would seriously disadvantage his team for ten minutes, and you could bet he would have to think hard before trying something that would have him on the bench. It would cut out a lot of the diving and theatrical crap also.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 11-21-2009, 02:36 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMaxSvx View Post
Hey hey hey... thats not true, my car IS AMERICAN, and has BLACK leather interior, you know, not only USA is AMERICA!!

Ah, so you have noticed that US people have a very narrow view of what is American?

Canadians, although they are from North America, don't seem to qualify as Americans. Nor Mexicans.

And it's probably very uppity and cheeky of you from down in South America to be claiming to have an American car.

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 11-21-2009, 04:35 PM

Registered SVX

Welcomes
1973 1400 GSR Yelo 2 Door Coupe awaiting Restoration
Old 11-21-2009, 05:53 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post

Ah, so you have noticed that US people have a very narrow view of what is American?

Canadians, although they are from North America, don't seem to qualify as Americans. Nor Mexicans.

And it's probably very uppity and cheeky of you from down in South America to be claiming to have an American car.

Hahaha.. I totally agree, my NON AMERICAN FELLOW!

PS: With the incoming MAGNETIC POLE REVERSING, Paraguay will be in NORTH AMERICA MUuahHaAhahahaha!!! :P
70' Olds Toronado
98' Renault Chamade
82' Honda Prelude
69' Mustang Hardtop
67' IKA Torino Coupe
74' Renault Torino Coupe

Last edited by MadMaxSvx; 11-21-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:07 AM

Registered SVX

ok thanks for your coms.

@ pierre olivier : t'inquiete, j'avais deja vu ton post sur jpc et ici meme.
j'avais deja etudié le truc avant l'achat de la mienne xD
j'habite en region parisienne dans le 92. vachement loin de toi, donc c pas encore gagné pour faire une rencontre svx xD

@ joe : ok i'll try to complete the registration, but not sure to understand all
Quote:
Rugby is a million times a better game and it is always a pleasure to have the French playing us, win , lose or draw.
my hero!!!
Old 11-22-2009, 05:12 AM
What Potholes ???
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Registered SVX

Even people from the United States claim to have a black interior. I think some people just have a warped opinion of what black is.

IMO

If anyone has a pic of their interior with the color on the right I'd love to see it.
Sorry to hijack but I've been hearing this for years.

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Wanted: Steering Wheel
Old 11-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
Even people from the United States claim to have a black interior. I think some people just have a warped opinion of what black is.

IMO

If anyone has a pic of their interior with the color on the right I'd love to see it.
Sorry to hijack but I've been hearing this for years.
Mike

I know that in principle you have a point here, indeed you have a strong point, but I'm going to disagree with you for two main reasons and I'll explain what they are.
  1. First point, the majority of people [other than a leather dye professional] will describe the darkest Subaru upholstery as "black"
  2. In the cars with which I am most familiar Subaru themselves think of the interior option as "black"

In the case of the first point I have three cars here with dark leather upholstery and I think of them as black. In fact it was only when I removed the seats some years ago that it became obvious in very strong sunlight that you could call them [an exceptionally] dark grey. Inside the car with the black carpet and black[ish] plastics the seats look black. I'd say they would be described as black by 95% of people if you asked them what colour they were.

Also on this same point I have photos from auto accessories trade shows with Recaro and other seats on display. They are sold as and described as black leather, and in actuality because of dye density you could call most of them dark grey, but under no circumstances could you be prosecuted under the Trades Description Act for describing them as black.

On the second point I have a spreadsheet with option codes listed for various cars. Two UK 92 cars call their option codes BL, and from 93 on the option codes are listed as BK. I've also noted our recent French car from Naru has black leather upholstery, and he has listed the option code as BK.

Now it's quite possible that these codes BL and BK could refer to some other word besides BLacK, but honestly, in 5 or 6 cars with dark interiors, I very much doubt it.

I have a lot of pictures of interiors, and for sure it is noticable that the tone of the dye on the leather seats is not as dark as the black leather steering wheel cover, nor the handbrake handle. What I suspect is the manufacturers of these items can afford not to stint on the black dye because the objects are small. The seat leather upholstery people are perhaps making the hides only "as black" as will be accepted by the manufacturer because there is a lot more real estate to cover.

That's my theory, and I'll stick to it until I see a Subaru with darker black leather seats. As of yet I've not seen one.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 11-22-2009, 05:01 PM
What Potholes ???

Registered SVX

That sounds fair Joe, I thought I was crazy. The steering wheel and shifter are quite darker and much closer to what I'd consider black. In my eyes though theses seats and plastics will always be dark grey. I just can't see how they would call the floor mats dark grey and the seats black when they are almost the same color
Quote:
That's my theory, and I'll stick to it until I see a Subaru with darker black leather seats. As of yet I've not seen one

92 Pearl White Ls-l (138k) Euro Headlights & Blinkers, 97 Grill, Euro Tail Lights, SS Brake Lines, Stebro Exhaust, Slotted Rotors, Classic Registration
96 Legacy Outback (206k) 5-speed 2.2 Lightweight Crank Pulley, Group N Trans & Motor Mounts SOLD
Old 11-23-2009, 01:50 AM

Registered SVX

i going take somes pictures whit an good camera and good lighting someday.
( when i clean up the car, he's pretty crappy these days! stupid rainy french climat )
Old 11-23-2009, 03:55 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael View Post
That sounds fair Joe, I thought I was crazy. The steering wheel and shifter are quite darker and much closer to what I'd consider black. In my eyes though theses seats and plastics will always be dark grey. I just can't see how they would call the floor mats dark grey and the seats black when they are almost the same color

What's that interior Mike? A Legacy? For sure that carpet is dark grey. The UK SVXes and probably the French and continental ones with BK option code are very black, blacker than the plastic trim, though maybe not as black as the steering wheel leather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post
i going take somes pictures whit an good camera and good lighting someday.
( when i clean up the car, he's pretty crappy these days! stupid rainy french climat )
Naru, forgive us for diverting and hijacking your thread, but do understand that issues of trim and difference between various markets are very interesting to us.

Spare UK seats I have showing the difference between the steering wheel and seat leather.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 11-23-2009, 05:22 AM
What Potholes ???

Registered SVX

That's an interesting pic Joe, because I have never seen a black shifter and steering wheel in person. I don't know if it's the flash or what but they don't seem as black as I imagined. More like a super dark grey, this may alter the reference point for black. I also notice the black button for the center console, if memory serves me right ours is grey.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

There is a certain amount of colour doping happening due to the flash reflecting off the purple ecsaine on the right. I used it to show the contrast between the three small items and the seats.

For another comparison have a look at this JDM interior, the blackberry carpet is the same tone as the USA carpets:

And notice the steering wheel also is darker than the seats.

This is a UK rear section:

Note there is no hint of purple or blackberry in the carpet, unlike the LHD one below:

BTW all of these pictures reinforce your contention that the black leather seats are actually dark grey. It's just that they are an extremely dark grey that most accept as black.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 11-23-2009, 08:59 AM

Registered SVX

For me, a dark grey, to be "grey" must be very lighter than the black color, otherwise i consider that, a "blackish" color.
I am happy with that.
70' Olds Toronado
98' Renault Chamade
82' Honda Prelude
69' Mustang Hardtop
67' IKA Torino Coupe
74' Renault Torino Coupe