IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 07-31-2009, 12:27 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Re: Has this ever happened to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal LS-L View Post
I drove my SVX regularly, for 14 months, with absolutely no registration... and even took it to Reno and back twice . Granted I had insurance, and a valid license....
Not exactly something I'd be proud of. And if something happens, such as an accident, your insurance company will not cover you if your registration is not valid. It's the same as driving without insurance, only you're still paying for it.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie59 View Post
I know this is not your car so I am not suggesting you are the idiot but
The Cop is right. Car owner is an idiot. He doesn't change his oil, let's it run out or whatever. Doesn't follow the rules of owning a car. Deserves all he got. I know it's not your car but the lesson here is keep your oil changed and all your registrations up to date... And when a cop pulls you over you have nothing to fear... Driving a car is a privilege not a right.
DIDDO! the civic owner (I believe it was a honda) does not see driving as a privilege as is the same with most everyone out there on the roads today. I'm glad that happened to someone for there own Procrastination/lack of caring

1993 Ford Probe 30mpg 213k
1989 Subaru XT6 150k
All good and running
Old 07-31-2009, 12:49 PM

I agree that the guy in the post dropped several balls...

But it is still amazing that the bureaucracy in government is a pain in the rear when you want to do something, and be pro-active...

But yet a police officer, or a AAA operator can instantly find your records, and tell you you are wrong, and behind the 8 ball, in the middle of the night, in the rain, when the stuff has hit the fan.

Agreed WHOLEHEARTEDLY that the responsibility is with the man to "take care-o'his binness"

But bureaucracy is still a nasty thing, and a police officer after the fact has all the info from A to Z, at his fingertips... which he should...

But trying to go to DMV is a pain in the rear, websites don't work, notices don't arrive, or look like junk-mail, and deadlines are already passed by the time you get notified, and offices are open for reduced office hours when most people are already working at their OWN jobs... and forms have to be submitted for 6 day waiting periods...

Some of that is from the article, some of it is from me when buying, licensing, or trying to prepare to sell vehicles...

When you try to do something right, you are met by the bureaucratic obstacle course from hell.

When the stuff hits the fan, in the middle of the night, in the rain, and you need help, all of the sudden, everyone knows instantly that everything is wrong, and they can't fix it on the spot, of course... because there has to be a penalty at that point.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:33 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX View Post
Not exactly something I'd be proud of. And if something happens, such as an accident, your insurance company will not cover you if your registration is not valid. It's the same as driving without insurance, only you're still paying for it.
My delay was because of my smog issue, and I needed my car....... who said anything about being proud??????????????????

Also with liability only insurance, they WILL cover damages...... why do you think that there is a separate and larger fine for driving without insurance, as opposed to without registration. Maybe your state law is different, but being insured has NOTHING to do with whether or not you have paid your DMV fees.......

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:58 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

This thread serves as another exeplification how government regulations are dismissed as unimportant bureaucracy. Its amazing what lengths people will argue to deny their own personal responsibilities.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:08 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
This thread serves as another exeplification how government regulations are dismissed as unimportant bureaucracy. Its amazing what lengths people will argue to deny their own personal responsibilities.
Was that aimed at any particular individuals here? Because unfortunately in any capitalist society, people sometimes cannot afford everything they would like to, regardless of intention to take care of responsibilities. You may have noticed that theres a recession and increased unemployment, so its possible that some of the people who had their cars repossessed and their houses forclosed on WANTED to pay to keep them, but could not.

RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:45 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Was that aimed at any particular individuals here? Because unfortunately in any capitalist society, people sometimes cannot afford everything they would like to, regardless of intention to take care of responsibilities. You may have noticed that theres a recession and increased unemployment, so its possible that some of the people who had their cars repossessed and their houses forclosed on WANTED to pay to keep them, but could not.
I hear McDonalds is Hiring all the time. Convenience stores are hiring. They don't pay much but hey its a job. Some people need to swallow their pride and get done what needs to get done... If you can't make it happen, hop on a bus. If you cannot make it happen, ****ing walk or ride a bike. Its this Liberal crap spewed from every crevice of society asking for a hand-out that makes me ill with contempt. Do I want to do what I am doing now? **** NO! But guess what, i get my bills paid. Tired of people whining about how their misfortune is someone else's fault or the economy... Get off your ass and DO SOMETHING about your life.

Tom

P.S. this thread is dumb as ****
Old 07-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
I hear McDonalds is Hiring all the time. Convenience stores are hiring. They don't pay much but hey its a job. Some people need to swallow their pride and get done what needs to get done... If you can't make it happen, hop on a bus. If you cannot make it happen, ****ing walk or ride a bike. Its this Liberal crap spewed from every crevice of society asking for a hand-out that makes me ill with contempt. Do I want to do what I am doing now? **** NO! But guess what, i get my bills paid. Tired of people whining about how their misfortune is someone else's fault or the economy... Get off your ass and DO SOMETHING about your life.

Tom

P.S. this thread is dumb as ****
I dont disagree one bit, I knew some jerk back home who drove 2 cars nicer than mine, but got food stamps and a welfare check for his kids, and used the extra money he saved to buy weed.

Secondly, nevermind, I can see being on the other side of the debate from you guys will only enrage you further.

Last edited by SoCal LS-L; 07-31-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:34 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
I dont disagree one bit, I knew some jerk back home who drove 2 cars nicer than mine, but got food stamps and a welfare check for his kids, and used the extra money he saved to buy weed.

Secondly, nevermind, I can see being on the other side of the debate from you guys will only enrage you further.
What that I dispise ignorance? I dispise the scum of our society that are always looking for the easy way out and not the RIGHT way. Sorry but these people would literally be purged out of the world in a Darwin society. Something the US Gov't should adopt with the quickness

Tom
Old 07-31-2009, 04:42 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
What that I dispise ignorance? I dispise the scum of our society that are always looking for the easy way out and not the RIGHT way. Sorry but these people would literally be purged out of the world in a Darwin society. Something the US Gov't should adopt with the quickness

Tom
Hypothetical question, since this is all stemming from the OP.

What if the person in the article (it didnt mention age I think), instead of being some random guy, was an elderly WWII veteran, on a fixed income, who couldnt pay anything besides his rent, utilities, and food..... but needed his car for his independence. Would that at all change your opinion of the matter?

Just a thought, I agree with the fact that theres wayyy too many freeloaders out there, and you and I might be paying into social security and getting nothing back later, its just that the good people suffer if legislature is painted using too broad a brush.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:51 PM
Maniac modifier

Quote:
Hypothetical question, since this is all stemming from the OP.

What if the person in the article (it didnt mention age I think), instead of being some random guy, was an elderly WWII veteran, on a fixed income, who couldnt pay anything besides his rent, utilities, and food..... but needed his car for his independence. Would that at all change your opinion of the matter?

Just a thought, I agree with the fact that theres wayyy too many freeloaders out there, and you and I might be paying into social security and getting nothing back later, its just that the good people suffer if legislature is painted using too broad a brush.
Yes I would feel the same. If you cannot afford to pay your bills to own and operate a car and maintain one. YOU should not be driving one. I don't care if you are my mother, it does not matter. This is getting way off topic now, sorry for my vent

Tom
Old 07-31-2009, 05:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
I approve this message.
agreed. 1
2001 Audi S8
Old 07-31-2009, 06:58 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer

Registered SVX

May this thread finally R.I.P.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:12 PM
Hater

i hope the subject's car was crushed and his license revoked for life.

this butt-tard probably juggles a Starbucks while texting and driving and doesn't use turn signals, either, judging by the level of intelligence displayed in the story.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: