Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-28-2002, 10:21 AM
I'm just sayin'..........

Question hose

Help!!

I was checking my oil last night when I noticed a hose that wasn't connected to anything. The hose was attached to a black cylinder which is directly in front of the passenger side headlight. There are two hoses coming off of the top of it. The one on the left says fuel and the one on the right says purge. The hose that isn't connected to anything is on the bottom of the cylinder. There is a connector on the end of the hose, so it goes to something. The question is what does it go to? It looks as if it might connect to the air filter assy. The car seems to run fine without it being connected. Any ideas? (by the way, I just got the car 2 weeks ago).....

'95 Laguna Blue Pearl SVX L AWD
'18 Kia Stinger GT Twin Turbo - Sunset Yellow
Old 06-28-2002, 11:38 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Hose ??

Hey Bobby,

Didn't realize that you were a new owner! Congrats. Where'd ya get your car at if ya don't mind me asking. As for your hose is there a place to plug it in or not? It sounds like it could just be a vent for the purge but your more than welcome to come take a look at mine. Problem is it'll be going to the dealer Sunday(unless my indie shop by some miracle corrects the tranny prob today). If you'd wanna come look just email me. I should be home most of Saturday unless the winds are good for sailing!

Benebob
Old 06-28-2002, 11:49 AM

Benebob,

I got my car from Welsh Subaru in Limerick. They still have a 94 pearl LSI on the lot. I test drove it, and it was making some weird noise from the rear, so back it went........ I have to work until 6 pm on Saturday....how far are you from the Tanger outlets? Maybe I could run by before or after work......

Thanks again!!

Old 06-28-2002, 02:04 PM

Hose

I live pretty much right downtown on West Walnut. I'll see if I can find this hose tonight but if not email me at blroth@yahoo.com and I'll give ya my phone number
Old 06-28-2002, 03:32 PM
Multiple Suby Owner

The hose you are talking about is a vent for the purge canister.There is a hole in the frame rail right under the canister,that is were the hose is supposed to plug into.
Old 06-28-2002, 08:23 PM

Hey Bobby

I checked and found the hose tonight! Funny thing was mine isn't attached either!
Old 06-29-2002, 08:28 PM

Benebob,

I guess I'll try to find the hole again tomorrow......I looked before i left for work, but didn't see anything....I'm sure that I probably wasn't looking in the right spot......