Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2008, 04:40 PM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMarineSVX View Post
Exactly... The rims from ANY-YEAR standard WRX WILL NOT FIT the SVX... The only "WRX" wheels that will fit are the ones from the 2005 - 2007 (not sure about the new STI wheels) WRX STi wheels... They are made by BBS, have a 5x114.3mm bolt pattern and are either silver or gold with 10 spokes... If you bought anything else from ebay, they won't fit... Might as well jump on NASIOC.com and try to sell them there...

BTW - What are you selling in your original post??? I was very confused after I read it...
~ Chris
I am not the one from the original post. I hijacked this thread to find out about the BBS rims
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander
Old 04-04-2008, 06:07 AM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX
OK I got the bolt pattern down now what about the hight size? 15,16, or 17? What size will fit without rubbing?
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander

Last edited by CorSVXette; 04-04-2008 at 06:08 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorSVXette View Post
OK I got the bolt pattern down now what about the hight size? 15,16, or 17? What size will fit without rubbing?
our stock wheels are 16" (5x114.3 with 55mm offset), the STI BBS wheels are 17" (5x114.3 with 50mm offset, I think). Some members have been able to put 18" and even 19" wheels on their cars. Alot of people seem to enjoy 17" wheels because you get a larger-than-stock wheel and minimal ride comfort is lost. I think the 18" wheels look the best but some members feel you lose ride comfort due to the smaller side walls (so you might feel the road more) and if you get larger side walls you will have wheel well rubbing. That said, I've been a passenger in Shaun's SVX (YourConfused) a couple of times. He is sporting some 18" Nissan Murano wheels and I didn't notice any harshness to the ride (also he has koni struts which are adjustable so of course that also helps with the ride).
I had a hard time deciding what wheel size I wanted to go with (17 or 18) but I think I'll end up going with some 17" Silver STi wheels as I may have found some at a good price. Also I have new oem struts on my car so we'll see how that combination feels.

Example of the 17" Gold BBS's:
one of Dustin's SVXi (odepaj):

Examples of the 18" Muranos:
Shaun's SVX (YourConfused):

Dayle's Car (Motorsport-SVX):

An example of a 19":
Dayle's Car again (Motorsport-SVX - www.planetsvx.com):

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 04-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR View Post
Every USDM Subaru is 5X100 EXCEPT All Tribeca, All SVX, and 2005+ WRX STI .
Just a reminder that older USDM Subaru's (pre 88, and some till 94)used a 4X140 bolt pattern.

Not that I expect that anyone is going to want to put 13" wagon wheels on their SVX, just wanted to clarify...
Old 04-07-2008, 05:53 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocrest View Post
Just a reminder that older USDM Subaru's (pre 88, and some till 94)used a 4X140 bolt pattern.

Not that I expect that anyone is going to want to put 13" wagon wheels on their SVX, just wanted to clarify...
Haha, 13"s won't fit... Remember we've got nearly a 12" front disc and then probably about an inch of caliper beyond that... So you'd need atleast 13 - 14" of internal diameter... But yeah, there is no reason to want anything smaller than a 16 on the SVX... IMHO, I like 18's on the SVX for driving around... I think they look best and fill the wheel wells up good...

~ Chris

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...