Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts Wanted > SVX Parts Wanted
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2008, 08:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to subru92svx
Shift lock switch

Anyone have a spare shift lock switch so I can use it as a power mode switch? If so just let me know how much. Thanks
Old 03-18-2008, 07:58 AM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX
Yea. Me too. I will even buy it from the dealer if someone can find the part number for me. I tried on subaruparts.com and could not find it. Anybody have any luck?
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander
Old 03-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by subru92svx View Post
Anyone have a spare shift lock switch so I can use it as a power mode switch?
Do you mean the shift lock pushbutton switch (which is a release, located at the front end of the console piece in front of the gear selector, replaced on later models with a removable plate)

or more likely the power door lock switch (which goes on and off) added on the left side of the shifter trim plate on later models?

The power door lock switch is PN 83031PA000 and is $31.78 list and $24.22 subaruparts.com

Part "I" in the diagram (83331)

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 03-18-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:19 AM

Classic SVX
Not the power door lock switch. I want to do the Power Mode install on the shifter so I want to use the same button as the one for the Shift lock.
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander
Old 03-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

So you want to replicate the German system, putting the power mode switch where the "manual" button is in the photo?

The button itself should be PN 35127PA000 list price of $10.33 or $7.87 at subaruparts.com. See part #28 in the diagram below

or sign into subaruparts .com and go HERE for the related parts (spring, etc.)

First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

Last edited by svxcess; 03-18-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:17 AM

Classic SVX
Now thats what I was talking about Thanks. I guess I would need all the parts that go with that button, correct?
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander
Old 03-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

The shift lock is not an ON-OFF switch, but rather a push-to-release mechanism to unlock the gear selector. You push the button down and hold it to release the selector lever, move the lever and release the button, and the spring returns it to the normal position.

I guess you could mount a SPST pushbutton switch under the trim piece and attach the button to it to it to resemble the image above.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:36 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Or maybe you could buy the actual jdm switch itself from somebody in England who was breaking a Japanese SVX?

White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 03-18-2008, 12:51 PM

Classic SVX
What does the actual JDM switch look like? Is it the same as the Shift Lock Button? Can I get it off a web site somewhere? Does anyone know of a Subaru web site that I can get the JDM parts from?
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander
Old 03-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

I looked in my Japanese Alcyone SVX brochure and it looks the same as the shift lock button on our cars. It is the same as on the German console I posted earlier.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorSVXette View Post
What does the actual JDM switch look like? Is it the same as the Shift Lock Button? Can I get it off a web site somewhere? Does anyone know of a Subaru web site that I can get the JDM parts from?
Paul, although the upper part of the Power button by default is the exact size and shape as the shift lock button, I think John is trying to advise you to look for another way, because the bottom part of the switch needs to be this push to engage, push to cancel unit. Mating the two halves would be quite problematical, although nothing is impossible.

Mychailo is able to get Japanese stuff. Send him a PM. If you need to quote a jdm chassis number to get the switch I can supply you with that.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 03-18-2008, 04:19 PM
svxless

Registered SVX
just wondering here

am i the only one, or is this for everyone...i always have to push the "shift lock" button in before i can put the car in any other gear than park.

i think ive heard that i should just be able to push the brake in and then push in the shifter button (not the shift lock button) to select a gear, but idk about all that

1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 126k "BXR6" Sold 3/23/13
1992 LS-L Claret 178k totaled 10/26/09

1987 BMW 325is

60% of the time it works, every time
Old 03-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiv0 View Post
just wondering here

am i the only one, or is this for everyone...i always have to push the "shift lock" button in before i can put the car in any other gear than park.

i think ive heard that i should just be able to push the brake in and then push in the shifter button (not the shift lock button) to select a gear, but idk about all that
You have a problem there, that's not the way it is meant to be.

You should be able to move the lever into any position by holding in the button on the top of the selector when the ignition is ON and your foot is on the brake.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 03-19-2008, 08:22 AM

Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Paul, although the upper part of the Power button by default is the exact size and shape as the shift lock button, I think John is trying to advise you to look for another way, because the bottom part of the switch needs to be this push to engage, push to cancel unit. Mating the two halves would be quite problematical, although nothing is impossible.

Mychailo is able to get Japanese stuff. Send him a PM. If you need to quote a jdm chassis number to get the switch I can supply you with that.

Joe
Yea I know about Mychailo but he is not answering any of my PM's. If the JDM models had this "Power Mode" switch then the button should be a "push to engage, push to cancel" button, correct? Then all I would need it the JDM button, correct?
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander
Old 03-23-2008, 01:48 PM
svxless

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
You have a problem there, that's not the way it is meant to be.

You should be able to move the lever into any position by holding in the button on the top of the selector when the ignition is ON and your foot is on the brake.

Joe
yeah, thats what i thought

i took it in to get it fixed (not at a dealership), but the problem persists
any idea on how this could be fixed?

1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 126k "BXR6" Sold 3/23/13
1992 LS-L Claret 178k totaled 10/26/09

1987 BMW 325is

60% of the time it works, every time