Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale

Old 03-16-2008, 03:55 PM

black 3rd gen RX-7 rims for sale

I have a set of four 3rd generation RX-7 (FD) rims for sale that I don't think I'll be using. I just had them painted gloss black, and they look QUITE sexy. These fit without any problems on the SVX, and at a mere 13.8 lbs, it's even a bit of a performance gain. I have about $650 in them, and I would be looking to get $550 shipped. (lower 48 states) They are 16x8 and will fit a stock tire size easily, but you can also go much wider as long as you have the clearance.

Price is not set in stone at all, and I will consider trades for performance parts as well. Just putting up a price to at least give people an idea.

Here are a few pictures.

I know the pictures are a bit blurry, so sorry about that, but they at least give you a good idea of what you're looking at. And no, you can't have the slipstream in the last picture... That's what I decided to use instead of the FD.

Anyways, if you're interested, just let me know. I prefer paypal, but will consider other forms of payment, as well as trades as previously mentioned.

Thanks for looking.

-nevin

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!
Old 03-17-2008, 12:22 PM

bump...

Like I said, I'm open to offers, so...make me an offer.

If you say like... $3 or something, yes... I will say no. But you get the idea.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie
What parts?? You said performance but what specifically???
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 03-17-2008, 06:21 PM

Umm, I dunno. I'd like to get my hands on some Konis, or some lowering springs, maybe a 97 style grille, even a 4.44 tranny. If you have something that I want, and you want these, and yours is worth more, I'm up for paying YOU some too, so... I dunno, what have you got?

My car has some pretty basic mods so far, so I'm interested in alot of things, I suppose.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Willing to trade for other 16" after market wheels? I like the look of the black painted wheels, but don't have the money to drop on buying these, and as I want a new set of rubbers anyway, I could trade you my wheels w/tires for these without.

They're 16" ASA wheels - you're probably not interested as you have those nice slipstreams sitting next to it... but you could use em for winter tires.

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 03-21-2008, 11:55 AM

Hmm, I dunno man. I have plenty of wheels laying around and I work at a tire shop, so wheels and tires are never a huge deal to me.

Do you have any pictures of the wheels/tires? This could sway my decision for sure if they are in good shape, and it's a wheel I like.

nevinbontrager@gmail.com is the email.

If you like, we could set up a couple payments too. I don't have to have the money RIGHT NOW, so I'm pretty flexible in that regard. Just let me know either way.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
I can get some pictures if you want.

Problem mainly is money, and transportation of the wheels. May 3rd I'm moving down to Florida, and I don't need more crap to shove into the SVX.

Maybe if you still have em once I'm down there, we can see if we can work something out? There doesn't seem to be alot of interest in the thread, I might have a shot at them.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:37 AM

Well Craig, I'm not in a huge hurry to get rid of them or anything myself. They're just sitting in the garage, so yeah if there is no interest, you just let me know and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:06 PM

Yeah anytime.

A few other ideas, if you're really looking for a trade...

I have a set of chrome 18"s with rubber on them. The rubber is in bad shape though, probably need to be replaced. The wheels are not bad, but certainly would need to be re-chromed if you wanted to use them for show or something. They look fine from a distance, or on a Daily Driver. I'll get some pics.

I also have my Wii (plus 2 games, 2 controllers and a "nunchuck") up for sale on Craigslist. I'd be willing to trade this + cash, or this + another item if you're looking for one. If not, I understand, it's kind of off topic, offering a game system for car parts...

I was hoping to get 17"s but I REALLY like the way these look, once I saw them in black. Plus, they're 8" wide, so that's the most important part anyway, I want to run 245's.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:49 PM

Well yeah, why don't you shoot me some pictures of the 18's. Also, I'm kinda interested in the Wii too, lol. Like I said, I'm not picky, but I just don't need these. I wanted to run them on my MX-6, but I think they're going to be a bit wide, and I don't want to pay buku $$ to have them narrowed an inch.

Also, yes, 245/45-16 is like the PERFECT tire size for these. That's what I had on them last summer, and the car loved them.

In the meantime though, I went to a 245/40YR17 on the slipstreams, and they look dang good too. It's fatter AND shorter overall than the stock size, which is a nice bonus.

Email for pictures is nevinbontrager@gmail.com Send me pictures of whatever you think I may be interested in, haha. Sounds weird, I know, but I am certainly open to trades.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:03 PM

Wheels for sale thread w/pictures of wheels are here

Wii for sale thread w/pictures is here

Lemme know what you think. If you want the wheels, I'd have to ask for you to include some rubber on the RX7 rims, given the fact that 18's are worth more, and they're coming with rubber on them too, though only 2 of the tires on it are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin View Post
Well yeah, why don't you shoot me some pictures of the 18's. Also, I'm kinda interested in the Wii too, lol. Like I said, I'm not picky, but I just don't need these. I wanted to run them on my MX-6, but I think they're going to be a bit wide, and I don't want to pay buku $$ to have them narrowed an inch.

Also, yes, 245/45-16 is like the PERFECT tire size for these. That's what I had on them last summer, and the car loved them.

In the meantime though, I went to a 245/40YR17 on the slipstreams, and they look dang good too. It's fatter AND shorter overall than the stock size, which is a nice bonus.

Email for pictures is nevinbontrager@gmail.com Send me pictures of whatever you think I may be interested in, haha. Sounds weird, I know, but I am certainly open to trades.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:21 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

That's alotta money for RX-7 wheels man... I mean someone could just buy a set off of RX-7club.com (like I did) for $300 shipped, then have them powdercoated locally... Or spraypaint them their self... Personally I don't see you getting more than $400 shipped from ANYONE who knows about these on this forum... But that's just me though... Other than that, they look good... I'm actually looking to get mine powder coated bronze or Carbon grey...

~ Chris

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 04-08-2008, 05:19 PM

Well, my price merely reflects what they are worth to ME. If someone else doesn't agree, then that's just fine.

If someone doesn't buy them, then that's just fine with me, and I'll just use them on something else. However, if someone is looking, and we can agree that this price is worth it, then yippee!

I don't "need the money" or anything like that. They're just sitting there right now doing nothing, and that's that. If I do decide that they NEED to go, I'm sure price will come down. Until then, I'm not going to eat $200 worth of price difference.

My $.02...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: