Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-15-2007, 04:02 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Boy did i look retarded...

So i'm cruising down the road after dropping my kids off at my ex-wife's, and it's pouring down rain, pretty damned hard. At a red light my car spuders, and i put it into neutral for a sec and give it some gas. Never happened before, always perfect idle at 400rpm. It went away, i think nothing of it, and continue driving. I'm doing a good 50-60mph, speed limit 50, and this elderly woman pulls out in front of me and does 30. I'm like dammit, hoping she's gonna move. After like 10miles at 30mph in a 50mph zone, i'm starting to lose it, there's a 5mile line of traffic behind her and she's clueless, coming to near complete stops at every green light. I'm pretty tollerant, but i'll admit the thought of going around her had crossed my mind. I'm just about to go around her, on a real long stretch with no one in sight coming the other way, when i see a cop, so i back off. All of a sudden, my car alarm starts going off. I'm driving. Car is running. Alarm not armed... At first i thought it was the guy behind me because he was getting antsy as well. When i finally realize it i'm like damn, this lady must think i'm a real ass at this point, because she pulls over. I hit my security button, it doesn't go off. I hit the button on my remote, it doesn't go off. I look at the dash and the driver side door open indicator is flashing on and off, and i'm like wtf, so i open my door and slam it. I've passed the old lady at this point and back at 50mph, witha line of traffic behind me, and my horn going off, not sure if my lights are flashing or not though. Eventually i pull over, shut my car off, press the security button, start back up, and the problem is solved. I go to pull out again, when the old lady that i had passed happens to drive by, with no one behind her, as they had all made their way onwards. So i pull out behind the old lady again, but keep a few car lengths back. Man she must have really thought i was an ass.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 04-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Its a Classic!

your car idles at 400rpm??
STi BBS wheels,legacy gt 4.44, 3" catback exhaust, Stance GR+ 7k/5k, QS Teflon adjustable endlinks, Hankook EVO 245/40/17, 95-LS escaine seats, GC8 V7 steering wheel, JDM clear corners, small car clear lenses, Alcyone badge, JDM rear taillight, 97 grille, stevesby bumper, PWR radiator, Perrin Crank pulley, Urethane Swaybar bushings, urethane diff bushings, DDM 6k 55watt lows and 4500k 35watt fog lights; $15/15min mod, Motorsport whs 22mm rear swaybar, QC shift kit, ToMyx intake, z32 aluminum calipers 13" rotors, nitrous express proton + wet kit.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:17 PM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
eh, stuff happens.

fyi Jman, camero is spelled camaro
Old 04-15-2007, 04:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to sharky512345
my car alarm goes off quite a bit when i'm driving. i just turn the car off/back on without pulling over and keep going. i've gotten used to it.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
I think that's a direct quote from someone here a while back.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:50 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky512345
my car alarm goes off quite a bit when i'm driving. i just turn the car off/back on without pulling over and keep going. i've gotten used to it.
Wow, that's...really not safe. You lose power steering, power brakes, etc.

Seriously, do something about that, man. I really wouldn't recommend shutting the car off while you're under way.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 04-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Sold my soul to Subaru

How does a car alarm just go off on its own whenever it feels like it? I agree you should really get it fixed. As for the old lady ...well...we all look retarded sometimes at least she doesn't know you personally!
Old 04-16-2007, 06:39 PM

I thought about doing that but you can only shut off the car while in neutral for it to keep rolling, but thanks to the safety switch i thought you could only start while ind rive. I've shut my car offf many times in a manual trans, but never in an auto.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
You can start the SVX with an auto in D or N. But you can't turn the steering wheel if you turn the key back too far and lock it

The uncle of a friend in high school found that out on a curvy back road He wanted to see if he could steer the car without the power steering
Old 04-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Its a Classic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
eh, stuff happens.

thanks i didnt know that

I dont think I would have one of my own quotes in my sig. I suppose there is also a model of camaro called the WS6?
STi BBS wheels,legacy gt 4.44, 3" catback exhaust, Stance GR+ 7k/5k, QS Teflon adjustable endlinks, Hankook EVO 245/40/17, 95-LS escaine seats, GC8 V7 steering wheel, JDM clear corners, small car clear lenses, Alcyone badge, JDM rear taillight, 97 grille, stevesby bumper, PWR radiator, Perrin Crank pulley, Urethane Swaybar bushings, urethane diff bushings, DDM 6k 55watt lows and 4500k 35watt fog lights; $15/15min mod, Motorsport whs 22mm rear swaybar, QC shift kit, ToMyx intake, z32 aluminum calipers 13" rotors, nitrous express proton + wet kit.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocrest
The uncle of a friend in high school found that out on a curvy back road He wanted to see if he could steer the car without the power steering
That's a bad way to test something like that out... But yeah, i've done it on the PA turn pike before, at 70mph, down large hills. Some you can get a good few miles without having to restart it. You lose your brakes as well too, so you really have to mash them. Just turn the key back one click so hte ignition turns off, but not all the way back to start.

Old 09-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Resident Filmmaker

ah just for jman,

yeah it's spelled camaro but the WS6 part would actually apply to a firebird, not a camaro.

i thought the whole sig quote was a joke, both spelling and the missed model designation so i just let it go originally haha

-D

"BMW is the pioneer of character lines?
Whatever. Take a look at my Subaru's windows
and tell me those lines don't have character.
Punk."
Old 09-08-2007, 02:45 PM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
...................ok
Old 09-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Its a Classic!

UMMM the sig was a joke....i cant believe you revived this thread to say that haha...so yes i know enough about 4th gen fbods to know all about the model differences and how to spell camaro....or camero in the ricer joke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8Dane View Post
ah just for jman,

yeah it's spelled camaro but the WS6 part would actually apply to a firebird, not a camaro.

i thought the whole sig quote was a joke, both spelling and the missed model designation so i just let it go originally haha

-D
Old 09-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Resident Filmmaker

hahaha oh wow i'm pretty much braindead, my apologies for reviving something so ancient, i was doing a search for some other subject when i came across this and, needless to say, i'm running on 2 hours of sleep

and i knew it was a joke, trust me, i've seen jokes before....particularly ricer ones but yeah i totally just went for it without even thinking haha, and only afterwards did i notice the date, for some reason i thought i was looking at new posts! haha

anyways there's no real point to this anymore,

although i've noticed the security system in my car seems to be deactivated or something, the light doesn't even come on when i hit the button

-D

"BMW is the pioneer of character lines?
Whatever. Take a look at my Subaru's windows
and tell me those lines don't have character.
Punk."