Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods

Old 05-28-2005, 07:32 PM
KCROGUEDOG

finally intake

i finally installed the rest of my intake into the fender. i copped a nismo intake for a sentra se it was free the best mod. friend got new injen. but any ways with a few hacks with a saw it mounted well and tight. i will post pics later or tommorrow. sounds better than the resenator mod in the fender. runs alot peppier to. i also did the taillight diffuser mod and love the look. i think u cant go wrong with it but some disagree. i took out the one in the spoiler and the led lights dont need to be hidden like that.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:36 PM

i'm planning on doing thwe same thing for my intake. its a cold air extention for a civic that we sold. that is the pipe i am going to use mount in the fender. what rear defuser mod?
Old 05-28-2005, 08:41 PM
KCROGUEDOG

ok i got pics the diffusers are in the taillights. they are the honey comb shells that set between the light and the red lenses. if you remove they look more clean and are lots brighter. like on most new cars. oh yeah heres some intake pics. i need a maf adapter the hose i got will not come out of there but just to be on the safe side. i took the inside of the maf bracket on the inside of the box and mounted it and shoved a rubber connecter in it then the piping. it fit really snug.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IM000452.JPG (790.0 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg IM000450.JPG (746.3 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg IM000455.JPG (752.8 KB, 145 views)
Old 05-28-2005, 08:43 PM
KCROGUEDOG

and for the tail lights. my car needs cleaned bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IM000458.JPG (736.9 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg IM000457.JPG (740.5 KB, 138 views)
Old 05-28-2005, 09:08 PM

how would do the tail conversion. for maf adapter go on ebay search for a legacy maf adapter. or buy this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...977536879&rd=1

that is the one i have
Old 05-29-2005, 01:05 PM
KCROGUEDOG

there is a thread but i couldnt find it. its kind of hard but you get a 8 mm socket and i used a small socket wrench. the tails and the sides on mine were not on tight at all. take one light at a time. set your oven at 225f and check with a thermomiter. your lights will warp or crack if left in to long or temp is to hot. try to carefully pry up any of the clips on the outside of the lens. if they dont budge dont force it they are very fragile plastic. next in the oven one goes for 7 min at 225. they come out quite warm i wore thin gloves. retry prying the clips till you can get a good grip on the lens and the back and CAREFULLY pull them apart. the glue that holds them together is very strong i had my wife when i pulled the lens apart she cut the glue it really helped. once apart remove the honeycomb (diffusers) and if you want the plastic film. i removed the film but i was very temped to leave it in. if you want to keep it set it in a nice clean area it will scratch easy. clean and wax inside of lens. also push all glue to the out side of the inside of the lens any left on the inside can be seen. i had goo gone right by my side if i had any slips i really needed it. much suggested. after removal and waxing put the two sides back together and squeeze till clips return to holes. then wax outside and install. do one at a time and the big center light probly will not fit in oven i did 6 min on the left side and 5 min on the right with oven door open. note this was very tough and time consuming. becareful. also try to find the actual directions before starting. these will do though. oh yeah the led lights in the spoiler do not put in oven just pry clips and pull apart(no glue). when i say pry i mean slowly and gently. good luck.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:23 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I have had the opportunity to follow an SVX with this taillight mod and I don't recommend it for 2 reasons:

1. While they are definately brighter the light pattern is very uneven
2. The uneven pattern makes it look horrible. It looks like one of the bulbs is not installed correctly.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:27 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Resizenexttimeplzthx?

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:57 PM
KCROGUEDOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1992SVX
how would do the tail conversion. for maf adapter go on ebay search for a legacy maf adapter. or buy this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...977536879&rd=1

that is the one i have
thanks 92 i just got the adapter order off ebay $8 with shipping. and sorry pics are huge i am a computer dummy how do you make them smaller?
Old 05-31-2005, 06:01 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCROGUEDOG
and sorry pics are huge i am a computer dummy how do you make them smaller?
What I do is open them in paint, go to the image menu and select sketch/skew, then just enter the percentage that will keep it big enough without sacrificing too much quality.
If I like it I save or save as, if not I ctrl+z and undo it and try again.

Saving as jpeg reduces overall filesize low, saving as png keeps it moderately low while not sacrificing any color or resolution.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 05-31-2005 at 06:03 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:11 PM
KCROGUEDOG

ty for the info
Old 05-31-2005, 06:33 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
I can make the images smaller for viewing. Are you online now and have a 'Instant Message' account?
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)