Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2001, 08:54 AM
Lowered SVX

randy....

not that i am a big fan of yellow myself but what is your hang up with this color. why is it so offensive.....you know my brake calipers are yellow. hahaha.....i think i remember you pointing that out to me too!
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 10-19-2001, 10:39 AM
SVXCH

Talking Yellow SVX

I saw today on highway (in German words "autobahn") the first time a yellow SVX in Switzerland, but real yellow and not light color. And like always, we give us x-times light signs for say hello. You do this also in USA (funny question, I know ?

Many greetings to all SVX Drivers

Kusi
Old 10-19-2001, 10:49 AM
oneothefewproud

x-times light signs for say hello

Kusi,

Are you speaking of a sign that is handheld or the big autobahn signs for the speed limit? I lived in germany for 5 yrs from 1980 to 1985. I recall the speed limit signs but not a handheld device.

If it is a handheld device can you post a picture of it?

Thanx
Wayne
Old 10-19-2001, 11:01 AM
SVXCH

Signs

I hope I check the question rigtht (the word "handheld" is not in my translator ). We give signs with hands and with the frontlights. Speedlimit be in this time not important

By the way, one time in the month I go in Germany for drive the SVX full out. But there is not anymore everywhere no speedlimit. After Basel (Switzerland in the north) is first a speedlimit from 120 km/h (75 miles?) and after this is no limit = full gas. But this goes only when is not much traffic, because it needs very much concentration to drive so fast. But the SVX stay on the street like a train on the railroad, perfect!!

Kusi

Last edited by SVXCH; 10-19-2001 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-19-2001, 11:30 AM
oneothefewproud

Handheld

Kusi,

Sorry Handheld means something you hold in your hands. Example is a cellulare phone would be a handheld device.

But i understand that you use headlight flashes and hand signals.

Very good. The fastest I ever drove was 150 mph on the autobahn. Mercedes 4 speed.

Wayne
Old 10-19-2001, 01:50 PM
SVXCH

oops

Ooops, I learn something. Handheld meens so I hold something in the hand, ok, ok. Again learn something.

No no, in Switzerland it costs 100 Swissfrancs (about $66), if the police see or catch you with a cellularphone on the ear when you drive self car. Only talk in the car with headset or freespeaking installation (hope, you check what I mean) is allowed.

Kusi
Old 10-19-2001, 02:00 PM
oneothefewproud

Kusi,

I understand. They will probably start that here as well.

Wayne
Old 10-19-2001, 02:03 PM
SVXCH

On one side, they have right. There was very much accidents here because people look more on the phone then on the street. On other side, they can say later too, you don't can touch anymore the radio (or the wife hehehe )

Kusi

Last edited by SVXCH; 10-19-2001 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-19-2001, 03:13 PM
Lowered SVX

very good point.

so how fast have you been on the autobahn with the SVX. the fastest i have ever gone is around 140.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 10-21-2001, 12:10 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Talking ROAD TRIP!!!!!

Okay, here's the deal. Someone set up a date. We'll all meet at SVXCH's place with our SVX's and he'll take us to his special high speed run. We'll find out for ourselves which year/setup/(uh) color(?) is fastest. Come to think of it, someone keep tabs on the Bering Straits. As soon as they freeze over - we'll CONVOY (good buddy)!

Steve
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 10-21-2001, 02:01 PM
SVXCH

Smile

Yes, this be cool. In Switzerland an SVX-meet with drivers from all the world. And then let's go in Germany and kickdown

Kusi
Old 10-21-2001, 11:02 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: randy....

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
not that i am a big fan of yellow myself but what is your hang up with this color. why is it so offensive.....you know my brake calipers are yellow. hahaha.....i think i remember you pointing that out to me too!
Okay, to tell you the truth -- it makes for good posts. I made the small comment, one time, that I didn't care for . . . well, you know, cars and it's gotten blown completely out of proportion -- kinda like zebra striped bikinis and taters. I'm game for anything that's fodder for posts. I mean, just utter one "AAARRGGGHHH!" around here and you're stuck for life. Most of this stuff started when I was on the Yahoo site -- so, it has had plenty of time to build.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-22-2001, 07:55 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Yellow cars

A friend of mine who is from Germany was recently commenting on another friends YELLOW Toyota MR Spyder. Dietmar tells Kip and I that the only men who drive yellow cars in Germany are gay (slipping into a Sienfeld voice "Not that there's anything wrong with that!). Dietmar and I had a good laugh at Kip as he valiantly defended his heterosexuality!

Not that there's anything wrong with driving a yellow car! I love them myself, but based on Dietmars recommendation I wouldn't rent one the next time I'm in Germany.
Old 10-22-2001, 03:23 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Yellow cars

Quote:
Originally posted by wawazat??
A friend of mine who is from Germany was recently commenting on another friends YELLOW Toyota MR Spyder. Dietmar tells Kip and I that the only men who drive yellow cars in Germany are gay (slipping into a Sienfeld voice "Not that there's anything wrong with that!). Dietmar and I had a good laugh at Kip as he valiantly defended his heterosexuality!

Not that there's anything wrong with driving a yellow car! I love them myself, but based on Dietmars recommendation I wouldn't rent one the next time I'm in Germany.

I rest my case. HAHAHAHAHAHA!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-23-2001, 01:13 PM
smoke_svx

:(