Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-15-2001, 06:54 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
You don't mention the body condition, but if it's just a ding here & there, & all other stuff (AC, windows etc.) all work, then it seems someone could easily spend the repair bucks & come out of the deal with a real bargain. I would be interested if you didn't live 3000 miles from my door step. Good luck with all the left coast prospects.
Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 10-16-2001, 08:16 AM
oneothefewproud

Ron and others,

There are pics of her in my locker. With the exception of a rock ding on the winshield (passanger side) and a rock ding inthe hood. The front bumper with all it's rock dings. The rest of the body is in great condition. NO Door dings or scratches.

Wayne

I wouldn't think it would be more than $800 to have it shipped via truck or rail. But then again I havnt checked. Still a bargain.
Old 10-16-2001, 10:46 AM
cmoreloc13

Auto shipping

Wayne,

You won't be far off the mark at guessing about $800 to ship you're SVX from your area to Ron's. I had lissners (Yahoo site member). SVX shipped from Manassas, Va. to Richland, Wa. for $995. While that's more than the $800 you spoke of, So. Cal. has many major shipping hubs. Richland is somewhat "out of the way". The company that did the shipping was DAS Auto Shippers (www.dasautoshippers.com). If you know the town and zip code at both ends, you can get an on-line qoute. That may help you close a deal. Wish you didn't have to sell your SVX, though.

Chuck
Old 10-16-2001, 10:53 AM
oneothefewproud

Chuck,

Thanx for the site info. I wish I didn't either. But if times change. I do luv the car thus you cant get rid of me. I have enjoyed the friendship here.

So, if this helps someones decision to purchase my baby lets talk. I think everyone in here knows this is a good deal. after the price, shipping and repairs your looking right a blue book.

Thanx
Wayne
Old 10-16-2001, 04:40 PM
ehyde111

Re: desicions desicions discisions

Quote:
Originally posted by oneothefewproud
At a cross roads guys.

Buy Recaro seat for Camry due to lower back issues. $1,600.

This will not be an easy one to make. I love her and she is great to drive. The seats, although not the greatest feel very good for my back. Thus the recaro. Can NOT drive Camry long without new seat.

I will keep you posted.

Ciao
Wayne
Wayne, I hate to see someone part with their svx. Never thought my area of expertise would come into play, but here goes. I'm a physical therapist that has a good deal of experience with back problems. Drop me a private message with some details and maybe I could help you out -- at least point you in the right direction. Oh, what are RECARO seats?
Old 10-17-2001, 08:16 AM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via Yahoo to svxter
Re: Re: desicions desicions discisions

Quote:
Originally posted by ehyde111

Wayne, I hate to see someone part with their svx. Never thought my area of expertise would come into play, but here goes. I'm a physical therapist that has a good deal of experience with back problems. Drop me a private message with some details and maybe I could help you out -- at least point you in the right direction. Oh, what are RECARO seats?
I'll echo what Christopher wrote - I am a licensed massage therapist, and might also be able to offer some suggestions about the kind of MT that might be useful. The combination of MT and PT can be quite effective, providing it's the right kind of MT. I'd also be glad to hear from you by PM.
Red F-150 Extended Cab Long Bed - Big Boy

Even the best monkey sometimes drops his banana.
Old 10-17-2001, 08:54 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Re: desicions desicions discisions

Quote:
Originally posted by ehyde111

I had Recaros in my 1980 Capri RS Turbo -- I can't say that they were any more comfortable than the SVX seats. Sure, the bolsters were higher, but, still and all, I don't think they were any more comfortable.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-17-2001, 10:33 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

The seats in the WRX are, if not Recaro's, Recaro clones. My wife thinks they're the most comfortable seats she's ever experienced.

Steve
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>