How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 09-25-2001, 05:06 AM
Is it Summer yet?

Loose Hose

I did an oil change at the weekend and noticed that there is a loose hose (about 3/8") hanging down there.
It comes from what could be the A/C condenser in the front left of the engine as you look at the car.
In the pouring rain I have to admit I did not do a whole lot of investigation, but I could not find a home for the connector on the end of the hose.
Anyone know ?
06 Chevy Malibu 71K
13 Outback 0K
Old 09-25-2001, 02:08 PM
Multiple Suby Owner

Exclamation Charcoal Canister

I think the hose you are talking about is a vent for the charcoal canister.(See attachment) If it is, it goes into a hole punched into the frame rail right under it. It will not hurt anything by being out of the hole,but it should be put back in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg canister.jpg (149.9 KB, 112 views)
Old 09-25-2001, 02:37 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Loose Hose

Quote:
Originally posted by montypython
I did an oil change at the weekend and noticed that there is a loose hose (about 3/8") hanging down there.
It comes from what could be the A/C condenser in the front left of the engine as you look at the car.
In the pouring rain I have to admit I did not do a whole lot of investigation, but I could not find a home for the connector on the end of the hose.
Anyone know ?
The car's left or yours? Since we're talking about the car, please specify which side relative to the car.

As for the loose hose, I don't know about the canister - never noticed one there, but that hardly proves anything. My thought is that it might be the drain hose for the radiator. I haven't looked for mine, so I don't know which side it's on, nor how big it is - but 3/8" sounds about right...

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 09-25-2001, 03:05 PM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
If it was coming out of the firewall on the pass.(right) side of the car, it was the drain hose from the A/C- heater box, it lets condinsation drain out instead of into the floorboard.
Hope this calms your worries.
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 09-25-2001, 06:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
take a look at that battery cover saying svx, I like, where can I get it? also I just tried using gunk and cd-2 or something of that nature to clean the engine bay. It worked but I want to have it looking emaculate, is it better just to have it steamcleaned or something like that professionally? also is it ok to hose down the engine with all the electrical compentants covered? any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance guys
chris
Old 09-25-2001, 07:15 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
That is pretty cool,

The engine looked pretty clean. unlike the ATF covered one in my car, due to the leak in the pressure line
Old 09-27-2001, 09:30 AM
Multiple Suby Owner

Battery cover

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXMAN2001
take a look at that battery cover saying svx, I like, where can I get it? also I just tried using gunk and cd-2 or something of that nature to clean the engine bay. It worked but I want to have it looking emaculate, is it better just to have it steamcleaned or something like that professionally? also is it ok to hose down the engine with all the electrical components covered? any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance guys
chris
The SVX on my battery is not a cover. It is just a sticker I made to take place of the Delco label that I peeled off because it looked out of place. You can hose down your engine without covering anything if you are careful about where and how hard you spray certain things. Of course anything could happen so do this at your own risk. A professional steam cleaning would also work.They should know what to do without messing anything up.
To get it looking immaculate you also need to get in there and use some elbow grease to get into all of the nooks and craneys.
Old 09-27-2001, 09:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
nubsjr, thanks alot, greatly appreciated
chris