How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2011, 11:59 AM

Re: Swapped EG33 issues

Borrowed some good colis from a friend, no difference! Even checked the head gaskets for any obvious sign. Nothing

Listened to the injectors again and I can definately hear #1 and #2 coming in and out as the cylinder goes out so it must be them or something related to them. So by now I've been all through Subaru's official Injector check list:

If we take the next step the last thing on the list a Subaru Dealer mechanic would do would be to REPLACE THE ECU!

Anyone have one lying around?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

You're friendly local coil donor does Paul Just need to find it.

Todd
Old 04-22-2011, 07:13 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Finished reading over your build thread. Very interesting stuff, I learned a lot. You should really check for vacuum leaks while you're at it, just so you can get that out of the way.

Also, the underdrive pulley probably won't help an alternator that might already be having trouble. Just sayin.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 04-26-2011, 04:53 PM

It runs...............

................but I'm not sure why.

This morning I went through all the grounds I could find and cleaned them up but to no avail. The engine still lost #1 then #2 after a few minutes idling. Then I scrunched the wiring harness in the engine bay and it ran on 6 cylinders again. At least I think that's what I did; it happened so quickly. It has run flawlessly all day despite me un-scrunching the same wires again a few times. I could untape that section and see if I can find a loose wire but I'd rather like it to go back into fault mode again to see if my scrunching had the effect I think it did or whether it was it the grounds.

Thanks for all your input and help.