How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-16-2002, 12:42 AM
DNSB

Unhappy My car got hit

I was having an ok day, untill I got off work. Walking to my car, even in the dark I noticed there was a dent above the bumper, in back.
When I got home, I looked at it(Felt like crying) it's pretty bad. Ok. It's not THAT bad, but the person hit me while I was at work, and didn't bother to tell me.
it was a truck the hit it. The bumper didn't get anything but a few scratches.
There's a big dent in it, along with a white line straight down the middle of it.
Not a big deal, if I would have had full coverage insurance I didn't have enough money at the time I bought my car.
Tomorrow though, I will go down and get it.
I'm pretty upset.
The next thing I will get, is an alarm system that will tell you when it's going off. I don't care how much it will cost. Because if ANYONE such as look's at my car, they will pay

Just to let everyone know, no one has even asked me anything about my car, since I"ve had it.(2 weeks) It's a Hick town(No offence), go figure. I've drove around my town a billion time's, and not one person has said anything to me.

Wish me luck.

~Raging Deja~
Old 08-16-2002, 07:09 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Hit

Sorry to hear about your luck. If you really want to be noticed you might want to rebadge your SVX with Camaro badges and start telling people that you work for GM and are market testing a possible new Camaro for 2005. Oh yeah, tell 'em that the window thing is just camo to disguise the lines.
Old 08-16-2002, 12:47 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I'm sorry to hear about your car Deja, I know exactly how it feels. Did you see it happen?

I hope all goes well and it gets fixed quickly and properly. (the first time)

*gives Deja a hug*
Old 08-16-2002, 12:57 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
It saddens me when ANY SVXer has to suffer, due to an accident, whether a fender bender or major accident.

It ANGERS me when people (SVXers especially) have to suffer at the hands of spineless hit and run drivers.

Best of luck, Deja, in your quest for re-perfecting your SVX.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 08-16-2002, 01:06 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: My car got hit

Quote:
Originally posted by DNSB
Just to let everyone know, no one has even asked me anything about my car, since I"ve had it.(2 weeks) It's a Hick town(No offence), go figure. I've drove around my town a billion time's, and not one person has said anything to me.
~Raging Deja~
I've driven my car for three years, this month. I've had a few comments in that period of time. Mostly women. I could probably count them on one hand.

I turned my first SVX over to my wife to drive and I now drive Pearl SVX #2. My wife has only been driving the car for about a week and she averages one comment per day.

Kentucky is not necessarily the "core of culture," so, I would suspect our populus is similar in nature.

My guess is this: MOST girls usually don't care, and MOST men are too proud to come close to admitting to another man, that they think you have a cool car (especially those of the "hick" persuasion) so they don't ask. They'll just whisper amongs their friends. However, neither sex is intimidated by an attractive, classy lady in an unusual car, and will feel free to comment. That's my theory, anyway -- and I'm stickin' to it.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 08-16-2002, 11:10 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Deja!
OMG!!! Wanna come down to Junction and have a commiseration party? 13s one of the best highways to drive in an SVX.
Can we get together sometime soon?

~~Michelle

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 08-16-2002, 11:23 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Re: Re: My car got hit

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

I've driven my car for three years, this month. I've had a few comments in that period of time. Mostly women. I could probably count them on one hand.

I turned my first SVX over to my wife to drive and I now drive Pearl SVX #2. My wife has only been driving the car for about a week and she averages one comment per day.

Kentucky is not necessarily the "core of culture," so, I would suspect our populus is similar in nature.

My guess is this: MOST girls usually don't care, and MOST men are too proud to come close to admitting to another man, that they think you have a cool car (especially those of the "hick" persuasion) so they don't ask. They'll just whisper amongs their friends. However, neither sex is intimidated by an attractive, classy lady in an unusual car, and will feel free to comment. That's my theory, anyway -- and I'm stickin' to it.
I'm thinking that's a good call. I hardly ever get actual comments, except at the occasional drive-thru window (always girls - the guys are much too cool and pretend not to notice), but sometimes I catch guys looking (like today, at the bank, the cop on duty was walking around and around it when we got back from lunch in the Volvo ). Too, Kermit's that Camo Polo, so it doesn't stand out as much as Satin-Lined Pockets Red or Lambo Are Dubbed Pearl.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 08-16-2002, 11:42 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Wink Re: Re: My car got hit

Quote:

However, neither sex is intimidated by an attractive, classy lady in an unusual car, and will feel free to comment. That's my theory, anyway -- and I'm stickin' to it.

Not a theory, Aredub, it's an opening.

In Kaintuck:

He: "Hey, classy lady, I really dig that there Corolla, huh, huh, huh!"

She: "Buzz off, scuzzbag!"

OR -

He: "Hmmmm, (classy lady). "I see that you exhibit discriminating and uncommonly exquisite tastes when applied to the selection and investment in a fine automobile".

She: "Take me NOW, you impetuous fool!"

Case rested.

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 08-17-2002, 12:27 AM

Registered SVX
A popular pick up line in Kentucky: "You shore got a purdy tooth."
Subaru Ambassador

Old 08-17-2002, 07:14 AM

Quote:
A popular pick up line in Kentucky: "You shore got a purdy tooth."
see and i thought that this whole time the best pick up line out there was BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Kelli

ps, Deja i am deeply sorry about your hit and run, i know what it is like to be hit, my moron couldn't run... it doesn't change the fact that ppl are just out for themselves.

if you are curious about alarms, my b/f is picking up an alarm for his new truck that comes with this thingy, kinda a pager type, you carry around which tells you if a door is open, trunk or hood and tells you if the alarm is going off. the alarm can be sensitized to the point when someone comes close to the car, the alarm system tells them to back off. i can get a pricing if you are interested. again, i am really sorry
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 08-17-2002, 08:57 AM
DNSB

Well, I reported it to the police(Nothing can be done really) and I'm not sure when I will get it fixed.
As of yesterday, I have full coverage insurance, so if this happens again(I have a feeling it will) then it will be paid for. I"m doing ok, now that time has passed. I havn't gone to a shop to see how much it will cost. I don't have money handy right now. It's not too bad, at least he didn't break a light or something.
And, no. I didn't see it happen.
And I am VERY interested in buying one of those alarm's. I heard that no one make's them though. I might have to order it.

Thanx David (Hugs)

Yes, we should get together someone time Michelle. I think it would be fun.

Thank you for writting everyone.

~Deja_Vu~
Old 08-17-2002, 09:05 AM
DNSB

Oh yeah...
My friend at work is going to give me some purple light's for underneath my car. The thing it, he's only giving me 2 light's and not four. I'm wondering how that is going to look.
He work's for a Ford dealership here in Craig, so he can order thing's cheap. He order the light's, but will only be useing 2 of them. His car has low clearance(Like the SVX) he will only put them on the sides.
I don't care what it look's like, those light's are SO COOL>!

Then I will get a 'Lighning Rod" one of those rod's that light's up with the bass of your music. I' know, I'm gay. But hey, if it's purple, I HAVE to have it!

I'm going to Denver for the 4th time in 3 week's Wish me luck there!

~Deja~
Old 08-17-2002, 09:28 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DNSB
[B]Oh yeah...
My friend at work is going to give me some purple light's for underneath my car. The thing it, he's only giving me 2 light's and not four. I'm wondering how that is going to look.
He work's for a Ford dealership here in Craig, so he can order thing's cheap. He order the light's, but will only be useing 2 of them. His car has low clearance(Like the SVX) he will only put them on the sides.
I don't care what it look's like, those light's are SO COOL>!

hey if you are interested in two more neon lights for underneath your car, i have two that are in working condition and two that aren't. i have all the pieces nessessary for the hook up. if you are interested in buying the next two, we could work something out. they look really cool, but since i had two that were broken, well, it just didn't look right. so i took the four off. they are purple StreetGlow Gold edition neons. barely used. they do look cool, the ppl saw mine at reading. my b/f put them underneath my car. it is not an easy thing to do. took him 7 hours. i have a long and a short one up for sale. the small one fits great underneath the bumper, a perfect fit, the small one that would go into the front, well, he put underneath the liscence plate. so if you would just want the one...we could work something out on that. i might be able to get you a good price for the alarm through him, he work for a company that does lights, radios, and sirens on NYPD cars. he is getting his alarm through his company. let me know if any of this interests you at all. i can get you prices and pm them to you.

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 08-17-2002, 10:29 AM
DNSB

Sure, I"ve very interested in the light's.
I'm not sure what size my friend will give me. I should get them today.
You can pm me the price you would want, and I"ll see what I can come up with

Deja