How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 07-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
sounds like your son is more level headed than I gave him credit... It is a shame to see people like this get stuck with the penalties that are meant for generation retard... which just so happens to be mixed in with mine Anyway I send my best and you all get through this tobacle with sucess

Tom
Old 07-22-2007, 10:50 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghopkins

Benebob, I think that you're right about the tags and insurance but it's too late now. I thought that it might be a wrong move because there's always a chance that he won't be convicted at all.
Oh trust me. I know I'm right on that one from experience. Why wouldn't he be convicted. He's guilty, you already admitted it, he admitted it and wallah they have a BAC above .08. There isn't much else they need. As for why he was pulled over a cop does technically need a reason BUT he doesn't need to provide that reason once he has suspicion of another crime. Had he walked up to your boy and saw a gun on the pass. seat do you think the copper would've said "son I pulled you over for speeding but now I need you to step out of the car as there's a 9mm sitting beside ya.

Best of luck! Again, don't be overly hard on him but be sure he knows how serious this is and how disappointed you are of his decision making.
To me trying to get out of something you did is teaching him a bad thing. If he's guilty, he's guilty. If the Breathalizer hadn't been calibrated or was improperly working then that's a different story but look into an ARD program its definately the route to go if its available for his case. Most times it is something that needs to be "recommended" by the arresting officer and prosecuter (who will most likely go along with the officers recommendation). Do some research and see if it is in the state he got pulled over in and if so tell him to put on his sorry sir face and call the officer and keep calling him until he gets him on the phone. Have him apologize directly to that officer (I've made a bad mistake and would like to do the work necessary to move on and enter the AF with a clean slate, etc...). Have him ask if the officer t thinks he would be a canidate for going through an ARD program. If the officer says yes. GREAT. You just saved yourself lawyer's fees! If he is opposed (your son could've been an a$$ to the copper or something like that) then get a lawyer. Having an expunged record is so much better for his future than a criminal record.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:12 AM
Sue isn't really striped

I'm curious to know where that accident/hospitalized thing came from?

If I were you, I'd be expecting my SVX washed and waxed on a frequent basis, as well as whatever else needs to be done in the way of odd jobs. As long as you're paying money for his screw up, you might as well get some manual labor out of him. Could draw up a contract with how much you're paying vs how many hours he's working off at what hourly rate. Might be more realistic than expecting all of your money back anytime soon.

I hope he's staying away from the alcohol until this gets sorted out.

Cant be fun for you.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:00 AM

Classic SVX
Hey Benebob,

As far as I know, there is no ARD program available due to recent changes in the law here but I plan on being on the phone later today to find out for sure.

I never thought about contacting the officer. Avoidance was always my policy because whenever I came into contact with the law, nothing good came of it. I believe that I'll give it a try though.

Alcone,

I believe that there was another accident close to where Cale was pulled and perhaps the officer was confused? I can't answer that one.

And as far as getting my money back, I know that I'll never see it but hey, perhaps he'll get into the AF and get a couple of decent tours and invite us for a vacation someday.

I just can't justify making him into my slave because I've made plenty of mistakes myself. I have 5 kids and one grandson - Holy crap, am I that old?. I don't want to make him miserable mainly because I want all of the kids to know that they can come to me whenever they have problems or are in trouble. I don't want to set the precedent of 'You screwed up and you're gonna pay.'

Besides, his work ethics are not the same as mine. For example, when he changes the oil, he gets more oil on the driveway than he does in the drain pan. The tools are left out dirty and the pan is not emptied and cleaned. Let him wax my SVX??? Oh no, I'll let him look at it and maybe sit in it but anything more than that, I don't think so.

And as far as I know, he hasn't touched a drop since the event.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:24 AM
Certified Porschephile

The towing company might have made the screw up when it came to logging in the truck. These aren't the brightest bulbs in the chandalier. Look into a first offenders program, but bring your wallet, as they all cost a sizeable amount.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: