Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-01-2007, 06:50 PM
My kitten can woop your kitten

Send a message via AIM to Dengue Send a message via Yahoo to Dengue
mustang

So, this is likely to make me an enemy or two. I think that with a few exceptions, historically the Mustang is the one of the most over rated cars on the road, with special attention going to the 80's seemingly volvo inspired body. However, now I feel obligated to like a mustang, because it is brought to me by the family who designs the cars I love. Sure it is tearing me apart.

have a look

http://www.supercars.net/cars/3671.html

http://www.italdesign.com

Skip
Old 05-01-2007, 07:09 PM

Registered SVX
The original Mustang was a simple, quite small and light car, with space for a large engine and it was inexpensive. As such it was ideal for enthusiasts to make it into something rather special. At that point it became a different vehicle. viz, The Shelby.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:26 PM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
This was posted months ago, and was featured in Motor Trend. It has a 500hp supercharged V8, but it's just a one-off "look what I built" toy.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:58 PM

at least I could see my self in that one. The production line is ceap on the inside and average on the outside.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:47 AM
My kitten can woop your kitten

Send a message via AIM to Dengue Send a message via Yahoo to Dengue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
This was posted months ago, and was featured in Motor Trend. It has a 500hp supercharged V8, but it's just a one-off "look what I built" toy.
I searched for it before I posted it too... eh..
Old 05-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
yeah.... who's trying real hard to make their super car look like a Chevy?? Ford has been trying to catch up to the corvette for years... now they are just trying to copy it

Tom
Old 05-02-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor
The original Mustang was a simple, quite small and light car, with space for a large engine and it was inexpensive.
Yes, and that's exactly it sold in such huge numbers in the "pony" years,1965-68. It was a glorified Ford Falcon, a brilliantly conceived "sporty" car that young people could afford to buy, fuel and maintain; timed perfectly for the boomers coming of age. Ford never made any pretense that it could compete with the of performance with the Corvette or any other sports car. But it sure beat the pants off everything in terms of sales.

dcb
Old 05-02-2007, 03:23 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb
Yes, and that's exactly it sold in such huge numbers in the "pony" years,1965-68. It was a glorified Ford Falcon, a brilliantly conceived "sporty" car that young people could afford to buy, fuel and maintain; timed perfectly for the boomers coming of age. Ford never made any pretense that it could compete with the of performance with the Corvette or any other sports car. But it sure beat the pants off everything in terms of sales.

dcb
Down this way they were worked over at minimum expense, because of the simple construction and ease of securing parts. In saloon car racing they were certainly on a par with modified G.M. Camaros. (Spelling?)

I raced a three litre, V6 Ford Capri, which was the same sort of animal, and it was faster round a circuit than much more exotic machinery. So much for price, badge, and fancy finish. Neither makes a car any quicker.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!