How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-21-2002, 09:38 PM
BG-96SVX

stupid, stupid, stupid...

I was pulling in my driveway, my sister's bf had his car parked in the way. I tried to squeeze past his car into my spot in the garage. I squeezed a little too much and I scraped the aluminum siding frame on the garage as I was pulling in. Right above the right rear wheel there is white paint from the garage frame. It doesn't feel like it went deep except for one little spot right above the wheelwell. Should I start saving for a new paint job, or do you think a buffer would take care of it. My friends say buff it. Man...I've only had the car 3 weeks.
Old 06-21-2002, 09:48 PM
sith

How big a spot did it leave? You should be able to clean off the white paint right? Did you actually take any paint off the car? Sounds pretty minor from the way you described it - a whole new paint job is probably not called for. A bit of touch up paint if anything..
Old 06-21-2002, 09:58 PM
The Road Less Traveled

If you haven't hit metal and just damaged the clearcoat, you can either wax and buff for minor damage, or get a bodyshop to light sand and spray with clearcoat only.

If you've hit metal, then you've got bigger problems...

Good Luck.

VK
Old 06-21-2002, 10:04 PM
punisher

Was the area then rub that baby with gasoline until your arm falls off. It'll clean the car right up.
Old 06-22-2002, 03:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
Perhaps rubbing compound would be safer and easier on the paint.

KuoH
Old 06-22-2002, 07:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to AnthraXFan Send a message via Yahoo to AnthraXFan
i don't have a clue, but what bad news to do to another 96 svx.... hope i don't do similiar damage..

Go to my Site!

http://www.railroadfan.com
Old 06-22-2002, 01:25 PM
BG-96SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by sith
How big a spot did it leave? You should be able to clean off the white paint right? Did you actually take any paint off the car? Sounds pretty minor from the way you described it - a whole new paint job is probably not called for. A bit of touch up paint if anything..
The spot is about 6 inches long, like someone did a bad brush stroke of white paint against it. its all smooth, except for the one spot right above the wheel in the middle. I have some stuff to take it off, I hope it will work. I'm going out of town in a few hours, so I won't be able to get to it until monday at the earliest.
Old 06-24-2002, 06:49 PM
calmone

i don't usually buy anything "as seen on tv" (ALL RIGHT, i'm a sucker for anything from the flat hoses to the bust enhanser pills i slip into the wife's coffee) but i did get the scratch remover tube stuff a few years ago at a discount store. of course, they don't take real scratches out, but they do a good job on stuff like paint. yeah, i can definately understand how you can get the paint from the garage on the car.