How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-14-2002, 04:09 PM
Sanhi

Bye bye my sweet SVX!

After owning my SVX for 6 months I have decided to get a Impreza GT Turbo for the second time. I simply miss the acceleration! I've had a good time but the 1600 kgs are simply too much to get a decent acceleration. and after i owned a '555' you simply cant get used to the SVX. I appreciated the luxuries though...

Anyone want to share their opinions?

Sander
Old 05-14-2002, 04:15 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Well, sure I'll share my opinion. The polite version is that you're doing the right thing by getting an Impreza. It clearly fits your needs and wants for a car better than the SVX.

I hope you enjoy your new Impreza and that your SVX goes to a good home. Keep in touch!

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 05-14-2002, 05:03 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
dun dun dun...another on bites the dustaaa.
Another one gone, another one gone, another one bites the dusta
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.
Old 05-14-2002, 06:29 PM
Subie Two

You'll be back!

I went SVXless two times. I'm back again. I've sold many cars and it's usually a good feeling. Each time I sold/traded an SVX I've felt bad. That bad feeling remained until I got another one.

Good luck 'til then.
Old 05-14-2002, 11:12 PM
Sanhi

Cool

when i bought the SVX i underestimated the certain age of the car. Since then it gave me some serious and some minor problems including the famous wheel bearing problems. Windscreen wipers that cant stand my speeding and the electrical mirrors that are 'broken'. After driving 25.000 km the SVX, i noticed that the SVX is using more and more oil. (and you can smell it) As i have no official diagnosis of the problem i have this strange feeling that it is going to be costly. My tradeoff was am i going to repair all this and do the extra replacement of the warped rotors or is it better to get a speedier younger car?

And yes i missed the speed of previous '555'.

I guess i allready mentioned that earlier. ;-)

And i almost forgot that i cant langer stand people making compliments about the SVX. ;-)

Cya,

Sander
Old 05-16-2002, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sanhi
After driving 25.000 km the SVX, i noticed that the SVX is using more and more oil. (and you can smell it) As i have no official diagnosis of the problem i have this strange feeling that it is going to be costly.
Bad oil pump gaskets will usually leek when you're on the highway, and you won't notice a drip when the car is parked.
Dave