Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods

Old 04-29-2005, 11:30 PM
Namaah

Exhaust pics???

Does anyone have any good exhaust pics in their lockers??? There is just so many lockers to choose from and i really dont want to start from the top of the list so I figured id just ask.
Pics of exhaust setups. Under car shots. Anything that you can think of, i need to brainstorm here.

Thanks all
Old 04-30-2005, 02:09 AM
no more SVX...

Send a message via AIM to BordeauxComet Send a message via Yahoo to BordeauxComet

...that's definitely one way to go...

'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'94 SVX LS Bordeaux Pearl (wrecked, sold..)

My Locker
Old 04-30-2005, 03:43 AM
KCROGUEDOG

b comet like the pic. since the pic i added 2 thrush 24inch resinators. i have not got pic since install. very loud before now more mellow euro sound like a deep hum. removed whole exhuast system from before cats. H pipe with o2 entered in 2 1/2 inch pipe. to resinators then to 2 dynomax ultraflow welded mufflers and last bmw 318 tips. i get a good sound but mufflers are straight through race mufflers i recommend no more than 21/2 on pipe size and a more complex flow mufflers for deeper muffel. i got a real aggresive sound than body pulsing bass.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg svxexhuast2.JPG (884.1 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg svx exhuast1.JPG (908.5 KB, 144 views)
Old 04-30-2005, 07:46 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Hummm????

Yeah, "one way to go", but definitely not this way.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-30-2005, 10:22 AM
Namaah

ive been hearing the "no more then 2 1/2 in" in the pipes. What happens with 3??? has anyone done 3??? and what size are the stock pipes???
Old 04-30-2005, 04:16 PM
KCROGUEDOG

stock i think are maybe 1 3/4 or 2 tops. 3 would set the car very low unless a very very tight install was done. back pressure might become a problem to. i think 2 1/4 is ideal. perfect. i used 2 1/2 no real loss i still gained hpr im sure by feel but 2 1/4 would tighten the pressure more.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:43 AM
Donate to the mod fund

Send a message via AIM to BigBlueSVX
What I know

I don't remember the stock pipe diameter but I do know something about pipe sizes. People have tried pipes from 2.5" to 3", and 2.5" seems to be the best comprimise. With 2.5", you still retain power down low, and gain some in the upper rpm range. Anything bigger than that and you begin to lose low end torque. Remember, you don't want backpressure, you want velocity. With 2.5" pipe, scavenging will still be good at low rpm and it will be freer flowing at high rpm than stock. A 3" pipe would give you mininal backpressure, but also a lack of exhaust velocity, so that at low rpm, the exhaust system wouldn't be good at scavenging (moving) exhaust out of the cylinder. At high rpm, since there is more gas traveling through the system, scavenging isn't as important so a 3" pipe will give you the biggest gains up top.

Feel free to correct me if you know more about exhaust than I do .

BTW, 2.5" pipe is what I'm planning to run in my car when I get a custom exhaust done this summer.

Now part of the DSM crowd: 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
Old 05-01-2005, 12:56 PM

Registered SVX
Exhausts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namaah
ive been hearing the "no more then 2 1/2 in" in the pipes. What happens with 3??? has anyone done 3??? and what size are the stock pipes???
Namaah,

Tom (svxfiles) has just recently installed his 10th exhaust system. Look in his locker for pix (or his son's locker, 'boxer6') or PM him for info. His latest is tuned specifically for his supercharger.

P.S. He's had the car for about 4 years..........

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint
Old 05-02-2005, 05:09 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Pics in my locker:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/use...toloczko|19305

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:30 PM
Namaah

now what would be the difference between 2 sets of pipes (each header having cat back) then having a "Y" pipe to 1 or 2 mufflers???