Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 03-18-2005, 09:45 AM

That Is Funny Because I Used The 3.55, 3.9 And I Believe The One That I Got From The Impreza Was 4.11. The Root Of All My Problems Is That I Couldn't Tell The Difference Between The The Whole Assambly With And Without The Matching Ring. I Will Try To Get Another 4.11 And See If It Will Work Fine I Will Let You Know.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:37 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
If your tranny came from an Impreza 2.5 then it will probably be 4.11 as well as the rear diff. It was ONLY the WRX that had the 1.1:1 center diff.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:03 PM

My Question Is Know, Why Does The Trany Works With, 3.5, 3.9, 4.11
As Long As The Ring Ang Pinion Are Match? And If I Go With 4.1 Rear Diff. That Means Is A 4.44? Because Of The 1.1 Or Please Explain This??? Thank You ...
Old 03-21-2005, 10:04 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
It doesn't. You don't have the 1.1:1 center differential. You can bolt up any rear differential but unless it matches the differential in the front you will have problems.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:23 AM

I Know That It Came From The Impreza 96, And I Been Using The Stock Svx For About A Year, Before I Used The Stock Impreza Without Replacing The Lsd From The Svx With Out A Problem. Just Change The Right Side Axel With One That Will Fit In Like The One On The Left Side That Set Up Was Driven From Denver To Las Vegas. Until The Axel Broke And Then I Switch Back To The Stock Svx Diff. So I Dont Know. The Reason Of All My Problems Is That I Never Switch Over The Ring Just The Pinion. But Will See.....