Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 12:15 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
I understood that Trevor, I just don't understand why "thundermountain" called me a jackass. Also, where did Aredub go? I know he's had some family problems/issues to deal with lately, but he's never on anymore.

- Rob
Want me to spell it out to you?

Randy is not happy with the condition of the board and he is thinking of leaving this place. Why? Ask yourself? He is still around. I am hoping he sticks around.

As for the jackass comment, did you get my PM? Why do you think you look like a jackass? I don't think Michelle is the only one that think you are a Jackass. I don't think you are a Jackass. I personally see you as a child who does not know when to stop and who does not know any self control. Period. You don't know anyone's feelings. As long as you think it is right in your head, you have to say it out loud. Sometimes, you need some self control. Know when to stop. When more than a dozen of the founding members of the SVX world network want you gone, you should get the picture. You were banned more than enough times. You keep coming back.

I like your passion but you should ask yourself why the network keeps banning you. I personally do not believe in censorship but right now, I have no problem with it. You are probably a nice person but you have to tolerate for what others have to say and what others belive in as well.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-05-2003, 12:17 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by CigarJohnny
I doubt anyone has any issues with your posts or manners , Shane. You have always been one to try and calm things down when they get sharp.
I agree.

Mike
Old 04-05-2003, 12:27 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph

Want me to spell it out to you?
Please do.

Quote:
Randy is not happy with the condition of the board and he is thinking of leaving this place. Why? Ask yourself? He is still around. I am hoping he sticks around.
Me too. He's a nice guy. I extended the olive branch to him months back, and all seemed well. As for the 'flames' on this board, why the heck are you directing them at me? In recent posts, when someone asked what people thought of their cars, there were quite a few responses "rice a roni" or somebody just TRASHING the car because they went to 'auto design school' or whatever. If you've noticed I've refrained from personal attacks, and the one thing I have done lately (the whole war/christian thing) I personally apologized for because I didn't mean for it to turn out like that, and realized I made a mistake.

Quote:
As for the jackass comment, did you get my PM? Why do you think you look like a jackass? I don't think Michelle is the only one that think you are a Jackass. I don't think you are a Jackass. I personally see you as a child who does not know when to stop and who does not know any self control. Period. You don't know anyone's feelings. As long as you think it is right in your head, you have to say it out loud. Sometimes, you need some self control. Know when to stop. When more than a dozen of the founding members of the SVX world network want you gone, you should get the picture. You were banned more than enough times. You keep coming back.
Why does she think I'm a jackass? I don't have self control? What are you talking about? Yes, I admit that I made a mistake in the 'war' thread, I admitted that, I apologized for it. How is that a lack of self control? Who wants me gone? What have I done? I was banned ONCE for some unknown reason... and things have been fine since. Open your eyes. I've been trying my damndest to contribute positively to this forum, and have been a lot more tactful than I used to be.

Quote:
I like your passion but you should ask yourself why the network keeps banning you. I personally do not believe in censorship but right now, I have no problem with it. You are probably a nice person but you have to tolerate for what others have to say and what others belive in as well.
Keeps banning me? Chris WELCOMED me back. True, I went incognito for a bit. You know why? Because a lot of people here were unfairly and unjustly taking EVERYTHING I said the wrong way, picking fights, blaming me for any 'problems' in the network (sound farmiliar??), and guess what? When I came back, with a different name, and nobody knew it was me, I was treated JUST fine. And yes, you're correct, I am a nice person, and I will not tolerate people blaming their faltering friendships on me. I refuse to be a scapegoat here. If you guys are upset that you don't talk to each other as often; simple solution: Come to this board more often and post more threads to each other, and don't just blame it on me.

Anyway, I'm out for a while to let this crap cool off.

- Rob
Old 04-05-2003, 12:28 AM

Registered SVX
Rob,

You keep shooting your self in the foot. Or is it that you have in fact not integrated ? I regret I am coming to the latter conclusion.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 04-05-2003, 12:34 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by Trevor
Rob,

You keep shooting your self in the foot. Or is it that you have in fact not integrated ? I regret I am coming to the latter conclusion.
I don't get what I did wrong... but I'm sure someone will point it out soon enough. Anyway, I didn't mean to say anything wrong, and it's quite apparent that on touchy subjects I do nothing but stick my foot in my mouth. With that, I guess I'm going to shut up and not post anything for a while, but I will be reading.

regards,
Rob

PS: PM me will ya Trevor?
Old 04-05-2003, 12:47 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
First off,

If you have not noticed already, Randy resigned as a moderator because he is "sick and tired" of this kind of crap.

Secondly

You realized things you said were bad but after makeing a huge scene. People are real sensitive. You would get pissed if someone come out and say bad things about your car. Same thing. You keep coming out and saying crap about what people believe in. And you just kept that coming. You did not know when to stop. The key is when to stop rather than the formal apology.

Thirdly (sp??)

There is a hidden forum that many of the people are not aware about. It is called the officer's forum. It was made when the SVX World Network was starting up. Think of it as a main discussion room if you will...

We have banned you more than once. Chris also sent you an email saying you to stay the hell away from the server. But you kept coming back using different names. Why were you banned? To be honest, you were the second person that was banned and because you were not getting along with many people. You were starting fights and again, you don't know when to stop.

People are coming here less often because we are sick of reading your posts going on and on about crap. How you don't care about what others have to say and what they belive in. You belive that your Neon is a nice racing car. We gave you crap, how did you feel. Same thing.

Currently Randy is in the process of quitting. I don't blame him. There may be others that follow. I don't blame them either. Why are they doing it? Because you are causing it. Before you where here, it was nice and peaceful. So try to get along or be moderated to the extreme. Your choice.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-05-2003, 01:18 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to vzSvx
Quote:

Currently Randy is in the process of quitting. I don't blame him. There may be others that follow. I don't blame them either. Why are they doing it? Because you are causing it. Before you where here, it was nice and peaceful. So try to get along or be moderated to the extreme. Your choice.

Lwin
I guess, I am not the only one who lost interest in this network. I have noticed that some of the members I met here a year ago and made friends with, through this network don't post anymore, but I know they're around. I miss them, and I miss the friendly atmosphere we used to have, but now I find so much anger and hostility. Looks like, a wolf came in and disturbed this peaceful community. This used to be my therapy at the end of my hard day's work. It's just not the same anymore.

"Striving for excellence motivates you. Striving for perfection is demoralizing.".
Old 04-05-2003, 01:26 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
Originally posted by vzSvx

I guess, I am not the only one who lost interest in this network. I have noticed that some of the members I met here a year ago and made friends with, through this network don't post anymore, but I know they're around. I miss them, and I miss the friendly atmosphere we used to have, but now I find so much anger and hostility. Looks like, a wolf came in and disturbed this peaceful community. This used to be my therapy at the end of my hard day's work. It's just not the same anymore.
Viv! Good to see you around again. You've been mysteriously (or not so) absent for a while now. Don't give up on the group just yet. You just have to sift through a few bad posts now and then. We miss you.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 04-05-2003, 01:26 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by vzSvx

This used to be my therapy at the end of my hard day's work. It's just not the same anymore.
That is exactly how i feel. EXACTLY.

Mike
Old 04-05-2003, 01:34 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to vzSvx
Quote:
Originally posted by CigarJohnny
Viv! Good to see you around again. You've been mysteriously (or not so) absent for a while now. Don't give up on the group just yet. You just have to sift through a few bad posts now and then. We miss you.
I've been around but I just don't log in sometimes and I rarely spend my time here longer than I used to. All it takes is a few disturbing bad posts and I'm off. I hope things will get better here. I used to love this site and proud of it, but I don't feel the same way now. Some members here got to change or get out.

"Striving for excellence motivates you. Striving for perfection is demoralizing.".
Old 04-05-2003, 01:42 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
As I don't read his posts any more...

unless they are quoted in a thread (ignore button folks I'd be happy to instruct any one on how to use it...)

But I see no other reason for Randy to quit as a Mod. The punk ass kid could drive anyone away. This will be my last comment about him. Please ignore him... it's easy and much less stressful
noone will know..... you don't have to tell anyone. He hasn't contributed anything that I know of to the forum except his love of neons and wanting to change everything about the car that drew me to the car in the first place...

Idiot Rob.... get a clue! Grow up...

I'm out....
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 04-05-2003, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi
I'm out....
I hope you don't mean for good.

Last edited by DavieGravy; 04-05-2003 at 02:45 AM.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:04 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:

Thirdly (sp??)

There is a hidden forum that many of the people are not aware about. It is called the officer's forum. It was made when the SVX World Network was starting up. Think of it as a main discussion room if you will...

Ahh-hell - now you've done it. Don't you remember the part where we said, "we could tell you, but then we'd have to kill you"
sheesh.

In all seriousness, Rob, this forum has gone downhill for a number of reasons and you really are reason number 1. The long, cold winter, war, economy, etc. are all probably contributing as well.

I am more than sure that face to face in reading you are going to be a cool guy that I'd get along with because I identify with a bunch of your posts - the movie and song references, etc. We seem to be from the same era even though we're not.

But, you have a way of writing that almost always come across as attacking the person you are responding to. Intentional or not, this was so badly ingrained in every "victim's" mind that they became defensive and then offensive when they saw a weak spot in one of your arguments. It's like when a guy nails your bumper or cuts you off in traffic you think "If I see that sonuva#$ again I'm going to get him" This has lead a bunch of normally cool people to become jackasses and engage in the same type of behavior. I'm sure my blood pressure is lower and my fuse is longer than 90% of the people here but you even drove me to wish death upon your tranny.
Yes, your return as chicane has been more mild mannered - at least in the posts that were not deleted by mods- but overall you have had and continue to have a negative effect on the attitude here - intentional or not.

While you were gone -banned or willfull - the attitude improved greatly, and it was very pleasant to be here once again. We all breathed a sigh of relief - really. I know you don't want to believe you have such a bad effect on the forum, but you do. You really do.
Please sit back and read for a while, watch it happen for yourself. Resist the urge to respond. Take careful thought in reading how posts are written now and how they change with time and healing.

regards, Matt
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:13 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Michelle,

To answer your question as to why we are disintergrating, I offer the following .

One rotten apple (ROB) can ruin the whole barrel. I can understand him and feel sorry for him. He probably had a rotten childhood. But that does not mean that I am willing to put up with his antics indefinitely. What I can't understand is the lack of gumption on the part of the people that run this site to exercise their authority and ban him for good.

To allow 'adolescent thinking' to control the 'family dynamics' on this site is unfair to both the adults and adolescents. Limits must be set and adhered to. Those that do not adhere to the limits must be disciplined. That's the way families and societies are structured.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!

Last edited by LarryIII; 04-05-2003 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:24 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

This is really great that so many people want to help ... and are giving very good advice, great examples and show a willingness to forgive. I feel really proud to be a part of this board and I am sure this will all turn around. I think you guys have got it moving in the right direction and I know that I am very impressed with what has been said here. It just fills me with hope. Thanks. John The Happy SVX_commuter.
Closed Thread