Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 01-18-2003, 08:03 PM

Question 92 door lock diagram diagram request

anybody with the 1992 factory manuals care to post the diagram for the door locks and timer. I have the Alldata CD and I think there's an error - based on the wire colors are wrong if nothing else.

Boone has a copy in his personal locker, but it's for a 95-96 model, and the wiring changed somewhere between 92 and 95.

tia of course.
Old 01-18-2003, 10:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
I don't remember the colors, but there are two control wires that go to the timer module. One for lock and one for unlock, you simply ground the one you want. Those two wires go to the security module, and perhaps the driver's door lock as well. It would be easy enough to open the driver side door and have a look at the wire colors.

KuoH
Old 01-19-2003, 06:19 AM

still need the diagram

I have opened the doors, and confirmed the alldata wiring colors don't match the actual car.

If this helps any....There are actually 5 wires going to/from the drivers door to the door lock timer (4 on the passenger side). Two wires simply inform the system of the door being in a state of <open> or <closed>, and these are the two that (according to Alldata) also run between the timer and the security module. The timer also has internal relays that feed wires running out to the actual door lock motors.

What I would like to confirm is the route of the wiring between the timer module (which has 7 wires on an 8 pin/position plug for my 92), the door lock motors (which have 4 and 3 wires to driver/passenger sides respectively on 4 pin plugs) and to the security module (which has lots of wires).

Last edited by lee; 01-19-2003 at 06:24 AM.
Old 01-19-2003, 08:28 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Is this the same or updated?

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Beav/5986.gif

or go here for harness routing/connectors (click on 'harness'):

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Beav|5987

Last edited by Beav; 01-19-2003 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-19-2003, 08:32 AM

As I said, there are (also) two wires from the security to the timer module that signals when it should lock/unlock the doors. If your intention is to control the door locks, then these are the two wires you want. There are no wires directly between the security module and the lock actuators.

KuoH
Old 01-19-2003, 09:55 AM

Beav, thanks.

kuoh, thanks, and you are correct that the security module doesn't lock/unlock the doors. that's the role of the door lock timer which does have wires to the motors. I obviously wasn't clear, it is the door lock timer I am trying to troubleshoot before buying one - hopefully used from somebody on the forum.

If that checks out then I'm thinking it has to be in the door lock switch itself.

The door lock timer is easily taken apart, and inside are some caps, resistors, a zener diode, a chip (clock? - can't cross reference because it only has the Niles label - no part #) and two relays. I'm suspecting the relays and will probably desolder them and replace to see if that works. But before I do that I wanted to make sure my wiring diagram was correct since the colors in the door don't match the wiring colors given by Alldata - not the online site, it's the CD I bought a year or so ago. I traced out a few wires and the routing seems right, just wanted some reassurance before getting stupid - my usual mode of operation.

thanks again for the help.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:17 AM

Perhaps you should describe the symptoms you're seeing? It could be something as simple as a frozen or rusted actuator, which is actually a common occurance for SVX power locks.

KuoH
Old 01-19-2003, 10:54 PM

Kuoh,

The driver's side door lock failed one day to lock/unlock via key. The security system hasn't worked since I got the car - 10 months ago. I was kindly helped by wawazat (Todd) for some door parts, but in one case they were for the passenger door, and in the other he didn't have all I might have needed. Anyway, after taking the door part apart, here's the situation.

Door switch (signaling door open/closed works per wiring diagram. Checked via continuity and interior light function.

Door lock motors work as either directly jumping them at the door, or via pulling the plug on the door lock timer and jumping there causes them to cycle locked/unlocked. Wires checked for continuity.

Since the lock motors work, I'm assuming it is the door lock switch or the door lock timer. As the timer has standard NEC 12volt relays, my next fishing expedition was to try to desolder/replace them and see where it got me.

Of course I welcome any insight. Reading and interpreting schematics has never been a strong point for me.