How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 11-28-2002, 08:09 AM
afterburners on.

Heater question

It's finally cold enough in my neck of the woods (40 F), that I turned on the heater for the first time. Funny thing is that I noticed that the hot air blowing was coming from the front window vents and the door window vents on both doors. Shouldn't the air be forced from the vents nearest to the driver/passenger (the vents that point directly to you)?

I don't recall having this problem since it has been at least ten months since I last used the heater. I had no problems when using the A/C (the cold air blew fine from the front vents then). I also tried the different features: econ, circulate with the same effect. The fronts vents did work when the "vent" button was selected. Is this a common feature or a problem that will need to be addressed?

jose
Old 11-28-2002, 09:22 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Sounds common to me. Most of the air is directed through the window vents and the floor vents. When I just use the Vents setting it comes through the front dash vents. I think when the AC is on max it comes through the front also but on econ it goes through window and floor.

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:32 PM

It sounds like your problem may be with the "doors" that open/close on the heating system. It's pretty simple to check. All the controls are near the throttle pedal on the transmission hump. With the engine running, lay on your back and then press each of the different switches and watch to see if the things move through the full range. It is fairly common for these to hang-up. Just add a little dab of grease if necessary.
'80 Honda CBX in-line 24 valve 6 cylinder
Old 12-03-2002, 08:16 PM
afterburners on.

Thanks for your info, I'll try to see if the doors are sticking. I work best laying down .

jose