Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-11-2002, 11:06 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by vzSvx

I'm glad you guys think it's normal. I was told I needed to see a psychiatrist when I was caught talking to my car. Now, I do it openly in front of my friends. They thought I'm just as weird as my car. I never had a car I love so much that I even gave it a name. I thought it was silly, but she likes her name...I think.
Viv,
I too was told that I should see a psychiatrist. Well, it wasn't about talking to my car, but, I was told I needed to. I think some people are just jealous because the voices chose me.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-12-2002, 08:54 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to vzSvx

"Striving for excellence motivates you. Striving for perfection is demoralizing.".
Old 10-13-2002, 01:30 PM
mcdeyo

embarrassing story

I talk to the Duck all the time. My dear friend who recommended looking at the SVX's when I was car shopping dubbed her that when I described how it handled in the pouring rain on the freeway. Every time I look at the car I fall in love all over again.

Right now I am without the Duck while the transmission is being replaced. I've never had occasion to research much about the car. I guess I'd better start; this transmission episode is the story from beyond. A mechanic told me that the transmissions for 92-94 and 96-97 are interchangeable but the '95 is like the Highlander (there can be but one). If I'm going to continue to own the Duck it's time to learn how to care for the exotic orphan since the dealer didn't; he ordered the wrong year transmission and actually installed it and test drove it. Hopefully, he'll get it right this time.

I know nothing about cars except like art I know what I like. I'm going now. Must cry. Thanks for listening.
Old 10-14-2002, 08:54 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: embarrassing story

Quote:
Originally posted by mcdeyo
I talk to the Duck all the time. My dear friend who recommended looking at the SVX's when I was car shopping dubbed her that when I described how it handled in the pouring rain on the freeway. Every time I look at the car I fall in love all over again.

Right now I am without the Duck while the transmission is being replaced. I've never had occasion to research much about the car. I guess I'd better start; this transmission episode is the story from beyond. A mechanic told me that the transmissions for 92-94 and 96-97 are interchangeable but the '95 is like the Highlander (there can be but one). If I'm going to continue to own the Duck it's time to learn how to care for the exotic orphan since the dealer didn't; he ordered the wrong year transmission and actually installed it and test drove it. Hopefully, he'll get it right this time.

I know nothing about cars except like art I know what I like. I'm going now. Must cry. Thanks for listening.
Mcdeyo,
Welcome to the Network. Most of us have been there. We all experience the love/hate relationship this car embodies. Luckily, it's mostly love.

If I recall correctly, the 96 and 97 trannies will not interchange with the 92. They have a whole different wiring configuration. I may be wrong. Will someone else confirm?

Meanwhile, enjoy your time here. Ask anything, and you'll get an educated answer. We're all in this together.

Perchance, "Duck" wouldn't be Teal in color, would it?
Subaru Ambassador

Old 10-14-2002, 10:11 AM
mcdeyo

Bordeaux. But teal is good for the name. I should have thought of that.

And yes, if I followed correctly (but didn't write clearly), the 92-94 play with each other only and not with the 96-97 who play with each other only.

I read at another site that since the transmission has to be replaced I should have them flush out the radiator heat sink and replace the cooling lines. And to use a synthetic transmission fluid. Good advice?
Old 10-14-2002, 10:16 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Quote:

And yes, if I followed correctly (but didn't write clearly), the 92-94 play with each other only and not with the 96-97 who play with each other only.

I read at another site that since the transmission has to be replaced I should have them flush out the radiator heat sink and replace the cooling lines. And to use a synthetic transmission fluid. Good advice?
McDeyo,

The 96 & 97 tranny housings also have slightly different mounting bolt positions than the 92. They are not interchangeable.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 10-14-2002, 10:51 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:

Good advice on the flush and line replacement. I'm not an advocate of synth, but others swear by it. I'm of the old school that, if you follow mfg recommendations for fluid change, you should be good to go. The transmission problems were not due to "bad fluid." It was due to overheating due to clogging of the cooler lines. Once that problem has been taken care of, there should be no worries. But, if it makes you feel better. Go for it. QUACK! QUACK! (Can you believe that Animal Rights Activists are now after AFLAK? Good Grief!)
Subaru Ambassador

Old 10-14-2002, 11:08 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
I heard they were also going to go after GEICO for the gekko, until the duck beaked it to death...
Old 10-14-2002, 11:52 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Beav
I heard they were also going to go after GEICO for the gekko, until the duck beaked it to death...
I also heard that the reason they throw blood on little old ladies in fur coats is because it's safer than throwing it on a bunch of Harley riders in leather jackets.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 10-14-2002, 08:38 PM
svxeno

Is it my imagination (again) or does this thread now have 3 different subjects?!?

OK, here goes number 4. HOW 'BOUT THEM TAMPA BAY BUCS 5-1, WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Randy (Yeah, Lutz is next to Tampa) ii

ps: I feel better talking to the car now. Less lonely somehow.
Old 10-15-2002, 06:03 PM
svxeno

Now isn't this natural? I started this thread and apparently killed it too.

Randy (The dreaded thread killer!) ii