Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX World Network Official Group Buys > Group Buys

Old 11-25-2011, 12:55 PM

Bontrager Works 22mm RSB kit BB NEW NOV. 24, 2011!!

Hello everybody, Nevin here again with some good news for those of you waiting to get your hands on a 22mm rear swaybar kit. This BB has been approved by John Hoffman.

I have a batch of 11 bars nearly ready to go for shipping. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but if you don't know about this, a simple search on here will yield some good reading on the product I make.

If you want your car to handle better for a decent price, on suspension setups from mild to wild, this is what you are looking for.

How hard is it to install? If you have a friend and know how to turn a wrench, less than 90 minutes. If you're a first timer, this is still an easy modification that doesn't require a ton of knowledge to install.

So, what does the bar cost? The price is $260 shipped in the lower 48 states + extra for international orders (TBD on a case-by case basis.) Since the bars are still not actually ready to go, I will only require a pre-payment of 50% which would be $130. "Hold on" you say, "I don't want to give you that much money now! What if you screw me on it?" I know that this is a possibility that everyone needs to consider when dealing on the internet. I myself have been ripped off a few times, so I know exactly what it's like. I have vowed to never do that to anyone, and so far I have always kept my word. Ask anyone who has dealt with me and they will tell you that I will treat you as I would like to be treated.

So, how do you pay me? Paypal is how we'll be doing it this time around. The address? wahwahrockwah@hotmail.com

So, what do you get for $260? You get:

the swaybar
sweet, beefy endlinks
greaseable polyurethane (energy suspension) bushings
grease for the bushings
every nut and bolt you need

Also, as a TBD cost option will be a rubber boot that surrounds the endlink itself. These are designed to keep the links themselves clean and lubed, and cut down on joint noise a bit. As I have not yet sourced these items, more info will be available when I know, but in the meantime a half payment of $130 will still secure your bar, and then the additional total can be tallied on for your final payment if you so choose to add the option.

What color is the bar, you ask? I call them "bontrager blue." A blue very similar to subaru world rally blue. With a durable powdercoated finish, these will stay shiny for a long time, and will resist rusting very well.

Here's a shot from some previously sold.

Also of note is that since they are away at the powdercoater, they are still a few weeks away from being delivered. So, most of you will be looking at a christmas present for yourself by the time they arrive at your door. I would expect that in 3-4 weeks they should all be delievered. I ship UPS, and provide a tracking number for you when I return from shipping them.

International orderers, you can prepay the $130 USD amount, and then the additional shipping charges will be put into your second payment, on a case by case basis.

In the event that I should receive MORE than 11 payments to my paypal account before I acn update here, the last to send it will be given a full refund. However, if you change your mind and decide that you do NOT want the bar by the time your second payment is due, you will be refunded your intial payment - $20. In doing this, it helps insure that those who say they want one, actually have the money to pay, and others don't get jerked around in waiting for one.

When paypalling you should include:

Your name
address
email address
SCREENNAME
$130 USD.

As payments are sent, I will arrange names here in this thread as to who has paid and who is on the list. This is simply a first come-first serve sale, and when these 11 are gone, this BB is over. However if you miss it, have no fear as more are coming soon. I had a very busy summer and fall, but winter is a good time for me, so I will have another batch going again shortly.

So, thank you all for reading this, and as always if you have any questions, the best way to reach me is at nevinbontrager@gmail.com. That way, I don't run out of space here, and I can easily keep conversations recorded to insure accuracy on my end.

Thank you very much by all of your support so far, and happy safe driving to you all!!

Nevin Bontrager

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!

Last edited by Nevin; 11-25-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-25-2011, 04:02 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Bontrager Works 22mm RSB kit BB NEW NOV. 24, 2011!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin View Post
sweet, beefy endlinks

Also, as a TBD cost option will be a rubber boot that surrounds the endlink itself. These are designed to keep the links themselves clean and lubed, and cut down on joint noise a bit. As I have not yet sourced these items, more info will be available when I know...

What color is the bar, you ask? I call them "bontrager blue." A blue very similar to subaru world rally blue. With a durable powdercoated finish, these will stay shiny for a long time, and will resist rusting very well.
I'm going to get some of those boots for the endlinks too, I'll let you know how that turns out. I agree with the decision to keep the beefy endlinks, and the boots can only help.

That powdercoat is actually really durable, still looks perfect on mine and very easy to clean. Definitely going to last a long time. And it's a very pretty blue.

For those that are considering getting one, I have one of these and it's great. Helps a lot with body roll, and makes the car feel a lot more sporty. It did almost as much for the rear of the car as the coilovers did, but at a far smaller cost, and far easier to do. The only real complaint I have had is that there's not a front one. (Which would be much, much more difficult to design and have made due to the design of the car.) If you're looking to stiffen up the handling of the car, this should be the first thing on your list.

Also, I gotta say that Nevin is a really stand up guy and great to deal with.

GLWS, bro.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 11-26-2011, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Also, I gotta say that Nevin is a really stand up guy and great to deal with.

GLWS, bro.
Nassir, it's people like you who make this community great. I thank you very much for your kind words, and for your support. It's an honor to be associated with people who stand behind me like yourself.

Also of note, some of you may have been concerned about clearance issues lately if you've been following the other thread. There is a very simple solution to this: Shorter endlinks. The units currently on cars are about 6" from center to center, and the links I'll be selling with the current BB will be 5" from center to center. The 6" links were NOT having any problems, but to help alleviate any concern, the new kits will be slightly shorter, with no loss of performance. To you current owners, you should not be worrying about your current fitment unless you have had problems. if you have, as always, contact me immediately and I'll do my best to reply quickly.

Thanks everyone, and let's get you all some swaybars!

-nevin

Old 11-26-2011, 12:46 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Anytime man.

The links are still adjustable right? So you can adjust them back out to 6" if you wanted to and clearly have plenty of clearance. 5" will be better, gives more useful adjustable range.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 11-26-2011, 01:39 PM
work in progress

Send a message via AIM to LastSVXintheChi
Registered SVX

mmmmmm i really want one of these

i shouldn't have bought all those video games yesterday

1992 dark teal SVX LS
Old 11-26-2011, 02:31 PM

You could always return them... Mwa ha haa!!

Old 11-26-2011, 11:41 PM

SWEET!!! Im curious as to how much the boots will cost
Old 11-27-2011, 03:28 PM

Registered SVX

Nevin, what would be the price on a new set of endlinks with install hardware (nuts, bolts, washers), with the new boots?
Old 11-28-2011, 12:33 PM

Registered SVX

I will put in my 2 cents, the bar is very very good. And Nevin does exactly as he says, you will not be disappointed.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:30 AM

Registered SVX

Not very much activity in the sway bar buy this time around. I put down my payment today. I look forward to getting this for my car.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:48 PM

Michael, yes it appears that you are the first! And thank you very much!

So, the list so far:

1. Dragoontwo

I will be picking up the bars from the powdercoater next weekend. He's been a bit behind, but they'll be done by then, and hopefully I can send out some bars shortly thereafter!

And I'm probably not going to offer the boots afterall. I think the teflon rod-ends are a better option, and less of a "cover up." If the end user wants to add them on their own, that's totally fine with me though.

And lookin4svx, you are looking for pretty much everything except the bar and bushings, yes?

Last edited by Nevin; 12-09-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:46 AM

Nevin,
I would be interested in the same hardware that Looking4 wants. Everything but the bar and bushings. Can you give me a price?
Old 12-10-2011, 08:27 AM

Out of curiousity, I just gotta know why on earth you guys would want the stuff? These parts don't work with the OEM bar.

But give me a couple days fellas, and I'll let you know. Thanks!

-nevin

Old 12-10-2011, 07:10 PM

Registered SVX

Ya Nevin, I'm just looking for the endlinks, the boots, and hardware (nuts, bolts, washers, cone washers) to attach the endlinks.

I want the endlinks, hardware, and boots because I already have your bar, but my endlinks are noisy like crazy, and the endlinks and hardware is rusted, and I figure I might as well just put on new ones with boots.
Since your putting together kits again, and your gonna have a bunch them, I thought I just have you ship me the endlinks, boots, and hardware, and pay you.

Endlink pic:

Last edited by Lookin4SVX; 12-10-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:12 PM

Registered SVX

Hopefully I can get one before you run out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: