How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 11-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

58 Rabbit Project just got a new lease on life

After 4 or 5 years of collecting dust in the garage the 58 Rabbit Superflow (quite possibly the oldest Fuji product remaining in the US) restorationis finally going to get off the ground. Found a suitable donor vehicle to get it onto the road at a reasonable price, even comes with a title which is now becoming a big issue for old motorcycles as the wonderful title services are now charging upwards of $300 for a title thanks to tougher laws. It will now be titled as an 84 Honda Aero 125.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...SA:MOTORS:1123

I was holding out for a Elite or Helix 250 so it could be a highway cruiser but one never popped up reasonably priced. Now at least I'll be able to run an extra smoke 2 stroke oil like all the old honda civics and DSM owners seem to run. Will simply cut and weld in the engine, mounts and rear suspension from the Honda and weld it into the Fuji frame. Will also try to adapt the Aero fork into the Rabbit. Was planning on originally restoring to new condition but the 62 years of aging and rust has kind of grown on me. Might just assemble it as is.

Now I just need to paint and reassemble the C100 Cub and CB175 Bonneville Salt Track Record attempter so I have room to begin the stalled project.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: 58 Rabbit Project just got a new lease on life

pics of the 58? sounds like a fun project
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:49 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

No pics of the 58. It is mostly disassembled and stuffed behind 4 or 5 other bike shells on the 2nd floor of my garage. It was a S101 Superflow ( the same body as the later S601 Superflow) but it used a 4 stroke 250cc engine rather than a 2 stroke 200cc that the later ones had. The Superflow is known as the caddie of scooters. Came complete with an air suspension, automatic tranny (not a CVT), electric start, etc. It is a good foot longer than a Lambretta and 18" longer than a Vespa from the era.

Here's a link to some pics of Rabbits.
http://www.fujirabbit.com/pages/frame_intro.html

Oh and if you think getting parts for the SVX sucks. Just imagine trying to get parts for this!
Old 11-14-2010, 10:02 PM

Registered SVX

Cant wait to see pics once you start on it.

Im lucky that I have lots of spares for my Fuji Rabbit S102.
Got anout 3 or so spare motors.
I must take out my running 1 out again.
1973 1400 GSR Yelo 2 Door Coupe awaiting Restoration

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: