Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 01-09-2009, 12:47 PM

Registered SVX
Increasing fleet

Many of you know about the rally car. It will hopefully be out in the forests around Canberra this year.

I have also now picked up two other SVX's...under the guise of "parts" cars, but potentially to fix them up and sell them.

I'll get some pictures once I can.

The rally car is a 1995, and the new ones are both 92's.

The first one is interesting...has had some minor panel damage (which I have most of the bits, except a bonnet), but was obviously somebody's pride and joy for a while. Koni front shocks, decent speakers, new radiator and only 150,000km. My hope is to repair it, fix all the annoying things that don't work (drivers window...aerial etc) and then sell it. So if you know of anybody after a low km silver 1992, then I'm your man.

The second one I suspect will be a parts car. It's got "flood damage"...to me that means that it's been underwater (fresh apparently) and so most of the electrics will be in strife. I haven't got that one yet, but will hopefully have it within the month, and start to pull it apart and see what's wrong with it. All going well, that'll be on the market too. It's green...haven't seen too many of the green 1992's in Australia.

So...my fleet is now 3...more than 1% of those sold in Australia!! Next...world domination.

Matt
Old 01-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX
Re: Increasing fleet

I eagerly followed your thread about your '95! Glad to see you plan to make a profit and I hope it goes well!

Your kick about world domination was pretty funny too, lol. Glad to see you have your priorities in order..
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 01-09-2009, 01:02 PM

Registered SVX

I'm in two minds...one says try and turn a quick buck on the profit of the sale of both of them...(in this recession, who knows if that's actually even possible??) and then put that money into the rally car fund...the other part of me says, no, just keep one (probably the green one), sell the everyday car, and enjoy driving them again.

Matt
Old 01-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomatt View Post
I'm in two minds...one says try and turn a quick buck on the profit of the sale of both of them...(in this recession, who knows if that's actually even possible??) and then put that money into the rally car fund...the other part of me says, no, just keep one (probably the green one), sell the everyday car, and enjoy driving them again.

Matt
I'll admit, I like the second Idea better...
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 01-15-2009, 03:02 AM

Registered SVX

So the third one arrived today...I have to say, although I haven't started it yet, it's not really in too bad condition.

It's been underwater for sure...the seats are really mouldy (any tips for removing mould without wrecking the leather??), but the paint is in good nick...it's done 170km which is reasonable.

No leaks that I could see...overall, if I can get everything working, then I reckon it will be a good one.

I'll get some photos of the garage with 3 SVX's...it's pretty cool!!

Matt
Old 01-15-2009, 04:01 PM

Hi Matt

'3' SVX's...........very impressive!

This product is great for removing mould. I would contact then directly to find out if it works well on leather. See http://www.30seconds.net/ It is available at Bunnings.

Cheers

Col
Old 01-15-2009, 04:40 PM

Registered SVX

Here are some photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1070071.JPG (657.4 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg P1070072.JPG (716.0 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg P1070073.JPG (705.1 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg P1070074.JPG (643.4 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg P1070075.JPG (629.9 KB, 121 views)
Old 01-15-2009, 04:48 PM

Registered SVX

And some more.

The mould is coming off with a cloth...I'm following it up with a leather cleaner and conditioner and they are coming up OK.

The rally car is looking a bit forlorn!

On the bright side, the green car (been under water) started after a bit of mucking about...settled into a beautiful sounding idle...so far, (I haven't driven it yet) my assessment is the ABS light is on (ABS ECU is under the floor, so not surprising really)...the drivers seat doesn't move...and the stereo doesn't work. Otherwise, everything else seems to work fine.

Amazing...but mouldy...sheesh...and stinky...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1070076.JPG (616.6 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg P1070077.JPG (716.3 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg P1070078.JPG (622.0 KB, 127 views)
Old 01-16-2009, 05:08 AM

Hey Matt seeing those baby seats in the garage I don't know how you are getting the time to work on the cars.

To deal with the smell get yourself 'Nil Odour'. It is available in supermarkets. Sensational stuff.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:31 PM

Registered SVX

Sorry for the late replay...got myself some nil odour...and the smell has gone? Just used two drops...amazing stuff.

Looks like I should have the green car registered today...hopefully for sale this afternoon?

Unless the kids get in the way. My wife has gone to Melbourne to watch the tennis...so I'm batching it for a week.

Matt

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: