Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 11-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Exclamation Transmission codes

Hey there, I recently did a flexplate replacement thinking that was the source of my knocking noise but ended up being a slight rod knock. Well anyway I finally got around to checking my transmission codes that have been there since reinstall. They are 14 (shift solenoid #2), 21(ATF Temp Sensor), 32&33 (Vehicle speed sensor 1&2???). Its got 104000 miles and trans was rebuilt at some time (70000 miles?) and there were no codes previous to having everything apart. Also It has twice now gone into limp home mode. Once while driving with my friend and I just simply turned it off and restarted and it was fine. The other was today when I was having some fun in the first snow of the year. This time it remained in limp mode even after restarting a few times but was fine after I let it sit for about 30 min and went back to drive it.
I'm needing some help as to what to do. So far I've had a terrible experience with my Svx since I bought it a little over 2 months ago but I have told myself that I won't give up on her no matter how much I spend.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:40 PM
51 Club

Registered SVX
Re: Transmission codes

I'm in a similar situation. I've had mine since the end of August and just when things are looking right something new goes wrong.
Last week driving in the first snow I realized my AWD is not working, FWD only and believe me these cars handle like @#&% in the snow with FWD.
My power light does not light up period, or manual light and cruise doesn't work. Oh ya and there's a fog light, radio and lighter wiring issue.
I'm going to hang in there and win this battle at any cost (within reason).
Old 11-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Hey there, I recently did a flexplate replacement thinking that was the source of my knocking noise but ended up being a slight rod knock. Well anyway I finally got around to checking my transmission codes that have been there since reinstall. They are 14 (shift solenoid #2), 21(ATF Temp Sensor), 32&33 (Vehicle speed sensor 1&2???). Its got 104000 miles and trans was rebuilt at some time (70000 miles?) and there were no codes previous to having everything apart. Also It has twice now gone into limp home mode. Once while driving with my friend and I just simply turned it off and restarted and it was fine. The other was today when I was having some fun in the first snow of the year. This time it remained in limp mode even after restarting a few times but was fine after I let it sit for about 30 min and went back to drive it.
I'm needing some help as to what to do. So far I've had a terrible experience with my Svx since I bought it a little over 2 months ago but I have told myself that I won't give up on her no matter how much I spend.
Whats a lot of codes to get at once. I would check that the transmission loom is plugged in fully. Things like the two speed sensors and the temp sensor, are unlikely to play up together. The shift solenoid will cause the safe mode '3rd gear only' but that could be a bad connection at the loom plugs.

Just check all the plugs.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:32 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
Whats a lot of codes to get at once. I would check that the transmission loom is plugged in fully. Things like the two speed sensors and the temp sensor, are unlikely to play up together. The shift solenoid will cause the safe mode '3rd gear only' but that could be a bad connection at the loom plugs.

Just check all the plugs.

Harvey.
I'll have to double check those plugs and make sure all the contacts are clean. I thought it might have something to do with those so I will check it out when i get time.
thanks for the help
Old 11-25-2008, 05:22 PM

Registered SVX

Didn't have one of the looms plugged in all the way, clicked it in and after the third time of starting it up to drive the power light stopped flashing at start.
Thanks for the help
Old 11-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Didn't have one of the looms plugged in all the way, clicked it in and after the third time of starting it up to drive the power light stopped flashing at start.
Thanks for the help
Don't you just love it, when your biggest worries turn out so trivial.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:17 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
Don't you just love it, when your biggest worries turn out so trivial.

Harvey.
Yeah, its a big relief when its something like that. Now if only there was a magic fix for my engine