SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Performance alignments?

After YT put in all "new" suspension components my car feels and handles so much better, but it does need an alignment now.

I called around a few places and decided on a local high end performance shop that did a friend's SVX a few years ago. Short of going to a Subaru dealer, I figured this was my best bet as far as getting it done right vs. paying less at a tire shop or something. And it's walking distance from work.

The question is, they offer some options when they do the alignment. They suggested an "Agressive Street" setup on mine, or I could just go factory specs. No cost difference, is there any harm in doing this? I guess my biggest concern is the SVX is uncommon, how do they know how to tweak the alignment for performance outside of the factory specs without getting something out of whack?

They are claiming I WILL notice a difference, but if this is a possibility, why isn't this more well known and talked about here? Or maybe just a few scattered shops do this? It is kind of an exclusive place that routinely does work on Ferrari, Lambos, and all classes of race cars, including lots of Subies.

Link to their service page that talks briefly about it:

http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/...m08rf5b1d9ljf4

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...

Last edited by WestCoastSVX; 11-13-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Performance alignments?

Get camber bolts for the rear and set it up so you have -.5 degrees of camber at each wheel (front and back) and 0 degrees of toe. Just keep caster within stock specs. The key here is to make sure the shop actually adjusts each wheel so they're each -.5 degrees (some shops will actually average the camber!). This should give you a nice feel for all around driving and shouldn't cause any adverse wear on your tires.
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker