Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Turbo Projects

Old 03-03-2008, 07:16 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Oh how soon I get forgotten when I am not around

I fab'ed up the first turbo system to really get any kind of results a few years ago, and made a walkthrough while I was doing it. Most of the other systems either have been abandoned due to flaws in the dynamics of their design. My car still runs great with a .4 bar spring. I have full ecutune stage 2 with 300zx maf and SR20DETT inejectors, and still use the rising rate 4;1 for good measure. In-car wideband reads 11.0-11.7:1 through the rev range. One oversight of many of the systems is the placement of convergence of the up-pipe. the closer you can move the convergence to the turbo (optimal of 6-18 inches) the more efficient your system will be. PLacing convergences that cause interference can even cross the streams! (ok, someone else has to remember ghost busters too?). Keep the convergence smooth, close to the turbine, and if possible place your external gate on or after the convergence.

Do not use a small turbo like I did, Im currently looking to upgrade to a T04B-82 (.70 a/r compressor with an .82 a/r t4 exhaust housing) so that I will be getting more than mid rpm umph. Power really drops up when I pull out of the efficencey range with this tiny hybrid. I must say instant spool is nice for passing though.

Walk through is here:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...745#post388745

Last edited by Phast SVX; 03-03-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:29 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx View Post
Are you serious? If this is the case, what is all the rave about getting an ECUTune upgrade with the Z32 maf? So you are saying all you need to do is get this maf (Exactly what maf are you referring too from Nissan?), plug it in the SVX's maf harness and that's it? Do tell!
He means The 300zx MAF is a standard JECS 5v hot wire sensor like the SVX's. His next sentence would read,
"The new corresponding voltage settings are then input into the SVX's lookup tables with the new software (ECUTune stage 2), thus along the stock ECU to be utilized up to 450hp.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:12 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx View Post
Are you serious? If this is the case, what is all the rave about getting an ECUTune upgrade with the Z32 maf? So you are saying all you need to do is get this maf (Exactly what maf are you referring too from Nissan?), plug it in the SVX's maf harness and that's it? Do tell!
Kevin, a Z32 maf on its own will not improve your car, other than leave you prepared for a blower of some sort.

The Ecutune upgrade I'm thinking of rechips your ECU to allow fuelling [which must include air] for the higher demands that a turbo or SC places on the engine. More power demands more fuel flow and more air flow basically.

Without the Z32 maf, the supercharger draws in so much air that the OEM maf goes past its reading limit, i.e. over 5v. It also gives unstable readings near the top of its range, so the upgrade is required.

You should read the LAN supercharger thread like I mentioned, it deals with all this. All the research and development work is wasted if people can't be bothered to read up what others have done already.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: