SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2007, 05:41 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Computer Hell.....

O.k so great weekend I got a new radiator fan ordered :P but something else has to strike.

The computer I spend 1200 on to build myself no less then 3 months old craps out on me today. It kept crashing to blue screen of death. I am so mad. I tested the hard drive, the memory, and the video card. The only thing left is the motherboard crapped on me. Its a Foxconn and a nice one. I have to call them tomorrow.

The code I keep getting is 0x0000007e ( 0xC0000005 , 0x8052AEBE and cant remember the rest). Windows will not load just gives that error. If I cant figure this out this might happen.

/rant

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 12-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Ouch, I feel your pain. The last computer I bought in store waited until the week after it's warranty expired, then ate it's motherboard.

I used it as an excuse to upgrade.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 12-16-2007, 05:47 PM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
I would try flashing the Bios to a newer revision. the 7E bluescreen is very vague, as it can range from something as a video driver being corrupted, flaky BIOS or software corruption too.

My neighbor just had the 7e stop blue screen from a bad virus infection. It blue screened in safemode after reaching the desktop both in regular mode and safe mode. I ran a repair on his windows installation and it still the same. The only way we got it to work was after formatting it. That was the only way to get it to run stable again.

Does your machine run in safemode? If it does i'd try updating all of your hardware drivers, including videocard, motherboard chipset, soundcard, network card etc...
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 12-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TE1221 View Post
I would try flashing the Bios to a newer revision. the 7E bluescreen is very vague, as it can range from something as a video driver being corrupted, flaky BIOS or software corruption too.

My neighbor just had the 7e stop blue screen from a bad virus infection. It blue screened in safemode after reaching the desktop both in regular mode and safe mode. I ran a repair on his windows installation and it still the same. The only way we got it to work was after formatting it. That was the only way to get it to run stable again.

Does your machine run in safemode? If it does i'd try updating all of your hardware drivers, including videocard, motherboard chipset, soundcard, network card etc...
No it does not at soon as it goes to load Windows it goes to blue screen. I can not get into the Windows >.<. I am going to have to call Foxconn I guess because I spent all day, 12+ hours trouble shooting everything. Memory Test, Hard drive wipe and reinstall x3 of windows, and changing Video cards. I will try updating the BIOS if available.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild

Last edited by Wikedjuggalo; 12-16-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:02 PM
242,000 mi on oem trans

Registered SVX
Take the machine down to it's bare essentials....the drive, mobo, and video. In the BIOS disable everything NOT related to those. NOW try to boot the machine. If it boots, start enabling things one at a time, until it fails to boot. NOW you know where the problem lies. Disable it, update the driver, then enable it again.
Current Stable By Age:
'89 Subaru XT6 Silver "Audrey" as in Hepburn
'96 SVX LSi #767Brilliant Red "Lil Red" Now on the front burner. Looking for a totalled, but running parts car.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Take the machine down to it's bare essentials....the drive, mobo, and video. In the BIOS disable everything NOT related to those. NOW try to boot the machine. If it boots, start enabling things one at a time, until it fails to boot. NOW you know where the problem lies. Disable it, update the driver, then enable it again.
I did that Nothing enabled it to run. Why I suspect the MoBO is failing or flashing it might work but idk.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:28 PM
My car's Italian, right?

Sounds like it could be a bad mobo. The very last thing I would try is a spare power supply, since PC's can act very odd when being fed bad power.
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 12-16-2007, 06:38 PM
242,000 mi on oem trans

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TE1221 View Post
Sounds like it could be a bad mobo. The very last thing I would try is a spare power supply, since PC's can act very odd when being fed bad power.

+1
Mine eats at least 1 PSU a year.
Current Stable By Age:
'96 SVX LSi #767Brilliant Red "Lil Red" Now on the front burner. Looking for a totalled, but running parts car.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:52 PM
word words wording

Send a message via AIM to SomethingElse Send a message via MSN to SomethingElse
Quote:
+1
Mine eats at least 1 PSU a year.
striking you may want to invest in a high quality UPS.

Rebuilt P/S pump info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50918

If your car wont start info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ighlight=click
Old 12-16-2007, 07:00 PM
242,000 mi on oem trans

Registered SVX
I have a good UPS
And I only use Antec PSU's
Nobody can tell me why the 5v dies.
Current Stable By Age:
Old 12-16-2007, 07:04 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Turbone Send a message via AIM to Turbone Send a message via Yahoo to Turbone Send a message via Skype™ to Turbone
Registered SVX
Do you have a install disc for the HD? You should be able to use it to check the partitions on the HD. I would look into that and a reflash of the BIOS.
If all else fails use the method in your pic above ^^^
Old 12-16-2007, 07:04 PM
My car's Italian, right?

How old are the fans in your system? How humid is your house too? That is quite odd that you go through so many power supplies.
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 12-16-2007, 07:19 PM
242,000 mi on oem trans

Registered SVX
I know it's odd, I usually keep a spare though. I also keep it spotless inside. I've just learned to live with it. The fans are all 12v, and it's been doing it since the system was new. Every component has changed since then, except the mobo. I built it 4 years ago.
Current Stable By Age:
Old 12-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
I have a good UPS
And I only use Antec PSU's
Nobody can tell me why the 5v dies.
yeah me too... it seams to be the monitor that kills it.
every now and then it takes the gfx card too.... I just can't bring myself to toss it though i've got 2-2.5 years on that system since snaping one of those magnetic suppressor deals on the cord. I had a spare from a printer and just gave it a shot.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 12-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post
The computer I spend 1200 on to build myself no less then 3 months old craps out on me today.
if you disconnect the HD do you get the can't find an OS sort of messege?

if you can, then reconnect, setup the board to boot from CD and do a repair install for your os. i can't remember if this overwrites your personal documents or not, but I don't believe it does.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?