Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 01:54 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
back in stock

Ok guys,

I know there are a good # of people waiting for stage 1 and stage 2's to be available again. I don't know how many of those are on the network but to try to answer the questions about when I will have stock again... the answer is 2 weeks.

I had ordered a small batch of the prior generation of memory adaptors to minimize the out of stock time but I got the new design done soon enough that I cancled that order and replaced it with the new design. In 2 weeks I will have stock again.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
New design? Whats different about it?
Old 10-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFBeefcake View Post
New design? Whats different about it?
yeah, what AF said
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 10-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Locker Link Solution

If it makes coffee, how much is the upgrade?

really, what does it do? I'm having an issue which may be stage 2 related, and curious about any info on changes being made. Thanks
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 10-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix View Post

really, what does it do? I'm having an issue which may be stage 2 related, and curious about any info on changes being made. Thanks
Mike,
what appears to be the issue with your 2v7?
-Bill (getting ready to install his 2v7...)

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
My Locker
Old 10-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Just some dude.

there are no issues with the old memory adaptors. They have always performed faithfully. The main point of the new adaptor is to fit all the model years of the legacies.

Quote:

Old 11-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
Mike,
what appears to be the issue with your 2v7?
-Bill (getting ready to install his 2v7...)
ran fine, swapped back the tsb chip, inj, maf, etc when I sprang a leak in a purple top

ran fine in "stock" while I moved it behind the shop where it was out of the way.

Put 2v7 back in when I got fresh cleaned/matched purple tops... throws MAF code and dies

Tested wires, got NEW maf... no change not sure what happened
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Old 11-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
ran fine, swapped back the tsb chip, inj, maf, etc when I sprang a leak in a purple top

ran fine in "stock" while I moved it behind the shop where it was out of the way.

Put 2v7 back in when I got fresh cleaned/matched purple tops... throws MAF code and dies

Tested wires, got NEW maf... no change not sure what happened
Have you taken the ECU back out and checked to make sure the 2v7 chip set was put back in correctly? I could be that the ECU is looking for the stock MAF and "seeing" the z32 MAF, thus throwing the code. You might want to talk to Mike (LAN) about having him check out your chips to make sure nothing happened to them when you took them out and put them back in (static discharge).
-Bill

My Locker
Old 11-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Locker Link Solution

that is true,

HEY MIKE! what do ya think? is there anyway for me to test this? I've got access to a MACmeter that does pretty much everything, even olliscopic.... just don't know what to look for

what voltages should I be seeing anyway? I was guessing they were right as they didn't surprise me.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Just some dude.

I would just re-examine your wiring. It's seems almost definite that's where you went wrong.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
I would just re-examine your wiring. It's seems almost definite that's where you went wrong.
which was my assumption, but it all checks out I even started from square 1 a couple days ago all over again and ended up with the same result. I feel really stupid right now. I can't figure out what I did/am doing wrong.

Is it possible that I've toasted something in the ECU?

Old 11-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Just some dude.

did you reprint the wiring directions or are you just assuming you are remember the wiring correctly? I'd be very suprised if it was't the wiring.

Quote:
which was my assumption, but it all checks out I even started from square 1 a couple days ago all over again and ended up with the same result. I feel really stupid right now. I can't figure out what I did/am doing wrong.

Is it possible that I've toasted something in the ECU?
Old 11-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
did you reprint the wiring directions or are you just assuming you are remember the wiring correctly? I'd be very suprised if it was't the wiring.
I did follow the directions, but they were the ones that came with it, I have not checked for an update. They pretty much say work from one side to the other. (only 4 poles on mine too)

I'll double check the colors next time i'm over to the car... and the "butt connectors" tip is a good one anyone who is reading.

Last edited by Speedklix; 11-02-2007 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
You don't have two oval injector connectors I could swipe, do ya?

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Locker Link Solution

GOOD stock parts and known good z32 maf for sale...

okay, so its happy again.... I back probed it, checked resistance Everywhere!, and whispered sweet little things to it... and finally found that a very small section of wire was split and "grey" about halfway down the loom. it was the return, so that is why I couldn't figure it out ...
now lets see how long it is until I find time to go move it out from behind the place

Nick, I just have to figure out what box I put em in, I haven't had time to unpack anything since moving in, cept for the kitchen and bedroom. There was someone else that needed two of them I think, or was that you? How many? If you still need em anyway. EDIT...Actually those are bosch and oem connectors I have left anyway, sorry.

Last edited by Speedklix; 11-08-2007 at 08:59 AM.