Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Proven Engine Enhancements

Old 10-26-2007, 03:44 PM

hot air is more prone to detionation. Dry air is more prone to detonation. Think of humidity as free water injection.

One of my problems is the SVX while having an advanced ECU for its time, still isn't good enough to compare to the hardware currently used by OEM's to control engines.

So while modern engines can run higher compression than is normaly wise since they have learnign ECU's that can "reprogram" the maps in them so they don't ride the knock sensors all the time... They DON'T run that higher CR ratio for more power.

So far every enginebuilder I've talked to has allways advised being conserviative in your CR unless you are professionaly racing on it.

Oh and our short stroke large bore engines are less tolerant of higher CR engines for a variety of reasons. So can't use say honda CR numbers as a guide since those are almost all long stroke, small bore engines.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:55 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by XT6Wagon View Post
Trevor, Yup, its actualy "meaningless" in that the shape of an ideal otto cycle engine has the same shape curves for compression and expansion portions of the cycle, so the work the engine does is dependant on how much the combusion raises pressure, and to a lesser extent how late you can hold the blow down portion of the cycle where you open an exaust valve with the burning/burned mixture still having more pressure than the outside. -------------
Whoever you are,

“Yup, its actualy (actually) "meaningless" you again claim, then continue with irrelevant padding including within the screed, “The work the engine does”.

You are now switching by discussing horsepower rather than torque. Or is it that you are not exactly sure, as to the meaning of words you are using?

I restate:-

Pressure before/pre combustion, is directly proportional to and directly relates to the pressure during and after combustion.
Pressure before/pre combustion is a prerequisite in respect of the delivery of torque.

A perquisite, i.e. the first element in a train of events which in total combination affect torque. A prime and major element is involved.

In the event that this element is “meaningless” within the equation, forced induction, in any shape or form would be useless/meaningless.

Your text indicates vast variations in respect of the use of language, and this places the origin of some passages in doubt. There is little doubt in respect of confusion.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!