Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Awitha Cheese-ahhh!

Send a message via AIM to greggbzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hose92SVX
Blah, Blah, Blah..... I could talk and give you examples all night about how car manufactures from all parts of the world have thier pros's and con's in the different cars they have produced, their reliabilty, and the technology that went into them. However, it would be a waste, since your stuck on stereotypes with no substance to back it. So on that note, I'm just gonna take my Redneck, Hitler lovin, Racist, Lack of knowledge self down the road.
Feel free to make any last remarks and if I don't respond, don't feel you proved me wrong, I'm just tired of proving you wrong

I dont' know who started it, but Godwin's Law strikes again!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwins_Law

I'd still like my SVX if it were a Ford. It would be the most unique Ford of all Fords but if everything else was the same, yes, that would be fine!
Old 12-03-2006, 08:19 PM

Amen greggbzz.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:59 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Only reason I bought the SVX was because my XT6 was fast, and I thought this car would be much faster. Didn't care what it looked like.

Wasn't Subaru loyal at the time. Didn't even know what a WRX was in 02.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:14 PM

LOL, let me prove Godwin's law once again. This is kinda like the 7 ways back to Kevin Bacon, every movie or actor can be traced back to Kevin Bacon.

I was not first to mention Hitler.
At first I conceded because I still have 300 miles to go towards Dallas and can't keep stopping to debate this but I have emotional ties to both the original debate and remarks of Hitler so in keeping with part of Godwin's law, I'll respond.

If you were trying to bring me back by useing Godwin's law, well then by golly you did.

It was claimed that Ford has not been innovative, so I mentioned how the Grand Daddy of automobile mass production was Henry Ford.

Based on that, Benebob said that "since I praise Henry then I should praise Hitler, and go burn crosses". It was also implied that I must lack knowledge not only on cars but on history of Hitler and Ford.

I've read the first Mienkauf and have a pretty good understanding of Hitler's view based on his book. You can almost see where he starts writing and finishes his writing sessions based on the emotions that seeps into the writing. He was a disturbed man and was able to use the economic depression and the isolation of Germany after WW1 as a means to bolster his power and unify his country.
I've read a biography on Ford and like Hitler he enjoyed power, fine arts and entertaining his guest thru displays of wealth. Ford along with many other US companies saw a source of investing thier wealth and that was Germany. Had they and Russia taken Hitler's Mienkauf serious when it was written in about 1927, I think they would of re-thought there relations with Germany and Hitler.

Why do I take it personal?
My best friend is Jewish so why would I praise Hitler?
The Cross burning is associated with the KKK and my son is half Black so why would I condone burning Crosses?
More importantly I wouldn't have to have a Jewish friend or a half Black son to find remarks of praising Hitler offensive.
I'm half German and while I don't feel in connection to Germany, I don't think calling the Germans "Krauts" is tasteful as was said by Benebob.

I have 100% confidence in my original debate that US companies are still competitive in "new technologies" both in performance, reliability and manufacturing. Having said that I have immense respect towards European and Asian car companies and I hate all this who's done what debate but since Ford was being bashed so much I decided to put my experiences with Ford cars onto the post.

Now I really have to go to Dallas becuase if you don't hit the outskirts by 5 am I'm late.

Last edited by Hose92SVX; 12-03-2006 at 10:38 PM.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:58 AM

I was a shopping specifically for a Subaru product and probably would never have considered buying an SVX if it had been built by Ford. The SVX caught my eye in some automotive magazine found in a doctor's waiting room back in late 1991 or early '92. My ex and I decided the price was too steep, life went on, and in mid-2003 when I was looking on-line for a used Subaru to replace my '90 Legacy, I re-discovered the SVX and decided I had to have one.

Ford has always been my second-favorite make, though. Dad put in 12 years on the line there (silly reason to favor a brand, I know), and a 1968 Mustang hardtop with Ford's brilliant 289 V-8 was my hauler from 1978-'94, logging over 200,000 relatively trouble-free miles.

The C-4 automatic in that old Mustang did lose third gear sometime in the early 80s. Set me back $195 for a reman, installed.

dcb
Old 12-04-2006, 06:06 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:

I've read a biography on Ford and like Hitler he enjoyed power, fine arts and entertaining his guest thru displays of wealth. Ford along with many other US companies saw a source of investing thier wealth and that was Germany. Had they and Russia taken Hitler's Mienkauf serious when it was written in about 1927, I think they would of re-thought there relations with Germany and Hitler.

Why do I take it personal?
My best friend is Jewish so why would I praise Hitler?
The Cross burning is associated with the KKK and my son is half Black so why would I condone burning Crosses?
More importantly I wouldn't have to have a Jewish friend or a half Black son to find remarks of praising Hitler offensive.
I'm half German and while I don't feel in connection to Germany, I don't think calling the Germans "Krauts" is tasteful as was said by Benebob.

Let me explain it in easy speak for you as you haven't understood it yet. Historians are fairly agreed that had it not been for the anti-sematic undertone in America at the time that the US would've entered WWII 2 years earlier. The number 1 newspaper in the US at the time- the Dearborne Press which was fully controlled by Henry Ford. You cannot find an issue that isn't as blantantly anti-jewish as a loony toons is anti yellow from the time. Right there is your influance, plus he lobbied heavily for the US to stay out of the war. Had the US entered the war earlier, its would've saved over a million lives every 6 months.

I guess though, this should all be forgotten and we should praise Henry Ford now even though he went to his grave as an anti-sematic a$$.

FYI most of Mienkauf was written in the teens not 1927 but I guess that's okay, the truth doesn't matter just that you can say you're not racist even though I never even eluded to it as I DON'T KNOW YOU, now do I care if you have as you put it "a jewish friend" that has nothing to do with Henry Ford being a very evil man only he was on the right side of the tracks at the time.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:11 AM

As I said before it has been a while back since I read Mienkauf (like 10 years ago) and I thought the years were around 1927, maybe that is when he wrote the second book, I really don't know. It was an intresting book while I read it but life has moved on and I can't keep all the info in my head. As far as Henry Ford being against Jewish people, had the topic been Powerful leaders instead of Car innovations, I would have mentioned Hitler, because like him or not he was a powerful leader. You have to credit where credit is due and Henry Ford is the Grand Daddy of mass producing cars which took alot of technology and innovation to pull it off. Which was the main debate we had against one another. You can sit there and play this whole bashing of Ford is becuase Ford didn't like Jewish people but you down played ALL US car companies, not just Ford. As if the US car companies have done nothing in the last 50 years. Once again I can give example of how Both Toyota, GM, and Ford have invested heavily in alternative fuels and have made significant progress in extracting the most wattage per cubic foot of fuel cells. Notice how I'm able to include car manufactures from other countries and don't just focus on who does what, but give credit where credit is due. The Biodiesel, and Ethanol have seen great improvements from companies like Cargill which is a US company. They have been working with Farmers for decades and over the last decade they have made great strides in extracting the most Gallons per Acre of oil from soybeans and corn for use as an alternative fuel. But once again in your mind the US companies do nothing so why should I bother thowing this stuff out to you.

I realize you didn't know my son was bi-racial and that my friend was Jewish and based on your statements I understand that you are not a racist. That's great but don't be so quick to imply other are. I grew up in Columbia, Missouri which is a big Midwestern College town, so I grew up with friends from all over the globe while their Parents either attended or teached at one of the Colleges.
I could care less what race, religion, sexual orientation or other differences people have compared to me. I judge people how people treat me.

What was that other thing you mentioned, Go to a Gym and quit driving my SVX? What is supposed to mean? First off I don't go to a gym becuase I'm on the road 22 days a month, however I keep a jump rope and chest stretcher in the truck and every other day I spend about 20 to 60 minutes doing exercises or jogging. Am I big and strong, No. Am I slim and cut, No. But I can bench my weight, jog 4 miles and I think I look decent for a 35 year old truck driver. Quit driving my SVX, No. Why would I give up something I bought as a toy that my son and I could enjoy together. I get into sportbikes and we can't enjoy that together so I bought this car for us. You know, something we could cruise in and go get a shake and hamburger on Saturday nights. You talk about US companies being arrogant when you should look in the mirror. You think I would give up my SVX based on you? That's arrogant. Maybe it's the fact that I've only been on this website for a couple of months and you have been on awhile, so you thought I should bow down to you. That would never happen. I'd be willing to bet you have never read Mienkauf but did a search just to find fault in one of my statments. I'd be willing to bet you have never read a book on Henry Ford but read a couple articles and now your a expert on Henry Ford. I'd be willing to bet you thought I was some dumb racist truck driver from Missouri so you thought you could pull that Hitler and cross burning stuff on me. Any other arrogant false assumptions you'd like to make? If so send it to
tntuxedo3@aol.com becuase I don't want to keep hijacking this website with our debate.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:01 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:

I realize you didn't know my son was bi-racial and that my friend was Jewish and based on your statements I understand that you are not a racist. That's great but don't be so quick to imply other are. I grew up in Columbia, Missouri which is a big Midwestern College town, so I grew up with friends from all over the globe while their Parents either attended or teached at one of the Colleges.
I could care less what race, religion, sexual orientation or other differences people have compared to me. I judge people how people treat me.

What was that other thing you mentioned, Go to a Gym and quit driving my SVX? What is supposed to mean? First off I don't go to a gym becuase I'm on the road 22 days a month, however I keep a jump rope and chest stretcher in the truck and every other day I spend about 20 to 60 minutes doing exercises or jogging. Am I big and strong, No. Am I slim and cut, No. But I can bench my weight, jog 4 miles and I think I look decent for a 35 year old truck driver. Quit driving my SVX, No. Why would I give up something I bought as a toy that my son and I could enjoy together. I get into sportbikes and we can't enjoy that together so I bought this car for us. You know, something we could cruise in and go get a shake and hamburger on Saturday nights. You talk about US companies being arrogant when you should look in the mirror. You think I would give up my SVX based on you? That's arrogant. Maybe it's the fact that I've only been on this website for a couple of months and you have been on awhile, so you thought I should bow down to you. That would never happen. I'd be willing to bet you have never read Mienkauf but did a search just to find fault in one of my statments. I'd be willing to bet you have never read a book on Henry Ford but read a couple articles and now your a expert on Henry Ford. I'd be willing to bet you thought I was some dumb racist truck driver from Missouri so you thought you could pull that Hitler and cross burning stuff on me. Any other arrogant false assumptions you'd like to make? If so send it to
tntuxedo3@aol.com becuase I don't want to keep hijacking this website with our debate.
Remember Hitler had Jewish friends and Jewish supporters hence I really don't care who your friends or what race, creed or nationality your son is. Henry Ford on the other hand wouldn't set foot in a room with a Jew.

As for the gym comment. If you read what I wrote and comprehended it you'd understand. Might want to read it again, its plain and simple.

I've read plenty on Henry Ford, plenty on Hitler including every book and pamphlet that he ever wrote, 2 in German that were never translated which I must admit I still don't understand as German is probably the most hard to comprehend western language I've dealt with. Didn't know you were a truck driver, don't really care if you're a truck driver, didn't know you were from Missorri, don't really care nor did I know Missorri was a hotbed of racist thought.

Time to get back to reading a book to my daughter. I'm sure she'll comprehend it!
Old 12-04-2006, 09:10 AM

LOL, your nothing but a punk. I've read books in German, yea right. More like Ich versteh nicht.
And please excuse me if my spelling is not correct, punk!

Last edited by Hose92SVX; 12-04-2006 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:21 AM

Ya, ist eins, zwei, drie uhr Frau Benebob, und ich leiben du, Biatch! Thank for the laughs.....LOL Man I've been up for 24 hours and you've kept me going the whole time.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:25 AM

I've read every pamplet from Hitler, Man, do you ever go to work. Now your at home reading books to your daughter?
Old 12-04-2006, 09:53 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
This is good....keep it up fellas.....Nah-nah, my car is better than yours
Old 12-04-2006, 10:20 AM

When someone tells me that maybe I should go burn crosses when I have a bi-racial son is no different then me telling Benebob that maybe he should have sexual thoughts while watching his daughter in panties. I made an excuse for him becuase he didn't know, but he still refuses to keep his mouth shut.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.R.D. SVX
Well just posting my own experience. I do own two 1st gen probes, both turbo, 5 spd, one with a body kit, and I know the two (one stock and the other mildly modified) whips the SVX in acceleration and meets and exceeds the top end. And, we're talking about a four banger here. Working on those engines is simpler to work on. Well for reliability, these are 89's one has 112,000 miles and the other has 160,000. I actually spent more money on repairs with my SVX (well maybe one of the probes because I shreaded my cylinder head, but that's my bad). The engine is Mazda built so it leans more towards japanese tech.

I personally don't care for the majority of Fords, but I love my probes, and that's why I love my SVX as well. It's the look of these cars. To me, I don't care to much about the other Subaru's either, but I love my SVX . What I'm trying to say is I don't really care what make the car is, so long it makes people do a double-take glance and with adequate performance.
BTL!
Probe whips SVX?! aaww, Not the last I checked. The GT 6 cyl. got blown the hell away when I was stock, and now it's not even a competition. And never heard of a probe doing 150-170 MPH either.

Last edited by Budfreak; 12-04-2006 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
just out of curiousity how old are both of you? Benebob and Hosey?

I am 24 and find this to be perhaps the most immature rambling i've ever read...people have differing opinions, agree to disagree and move on!!!

I don't think the creator of this thread appreciates either of you hijacking his thread!
Closed Thread