How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 12-29-2006, 06:25 AM
The car named NIGHTMARE

Send a message via MSN to Nomad
So , i told what Harvey said to the mecanic. He told me : I doubt that but i'll check . Wathever . . .. . I just received 2 fuel rails with 6 injectors yesterday . . . they are close today . . . maybe ill have it next week . ... . MANNNNN .. .
Old 01-09-2007, 04:52 PM
The car named NIGHTMARE

it's alive !! but i have the injectors that supposely don't work . . .Anybody wants them to try out and give me a reason to give that mecanic a hell of a time ??? Nothing was done. 2 month without my car and nothing was done . . .
Old 01-11-2007, 09:14 AM
The car named NIGHTMARE

and now it trows codes for oxygen sensor 1 and 2 , or circuit whit another code for oxygen circuit ... Anybody knows what its about ? it does a funny idle , not stable. and it has die one time being in park..... on the road , its stronger than ever. Thanx.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad
and now it trows codes for oxygen sensor 1 and 2 , or circuit whit another code for oxygen circuit ... Anybody knows what its about ? it does a funny idle , not stable. and it has die one time being in park..... on the road , its stronger than ever. Thanx.

Good to see it has got to run. The codes for both O2 sensors at once, points more to a problem that is allowing a lean or rich mixture, that the TCU can't not account for, by checking all the other sensors.

More that likely an air leak at the inlet manifold or a fuel leak into the manifold.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:49 PM
The car named NIGHTMARE

Thanx for replying Harvey ! I've read so much post from you , man you're great !!! ok ok . I'll check vacuum hoses and all the things related to air. The mécanique did not tighten enough the belt for power steering... it was skwealling ( theres errors in that word... ) sooooo much.... So , i have the 6 injectors , 2 fuel rails , a cam sensor ... And all that is not suppose to work...I give that to anybody that wants to pay the shipping.... I dont know how to test all that.... so by this weekend, ill check for holes in hoses ... thighten all the metal circles ( dont know how to say in english ) ...I'll update ... ( 6000$ in 2 months , did i say that it was stolen for a month and we found it and there were pieces missing ?? if i catch that guy .... )
Old 01-11-2007, 06:01 PM

Registered SVX
What has been suggested here is that a fault code is being registered by the sensors, when operating normally and detecting an incorrect mixture.

I note that the car had been stolen. Did the thieves try to bridge the ignition circuit (hot wire it), or otherwise mess something up in the loom? Are the O2 sensors in fact faulty? They are easily checked together with the circuits involved.

With the engine idling there should be between 0.1 and 1.0 volt, pin four to ground at the associated connector.

With the connector disconnected:-

The resistances on the sensor side, at pin 4 should measure, 1 Meg ohm, (1000,000 ohms) minimum, to a ground close to the sensor body.

Ignition switched on, there should be 10 volts or more, on the loom side at pin 2. Pin 1, should record a direct connection to ground.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 01-12-2007, 09:36 AM
The car named NIGHTMARE

thanx , i'll try that in a week somewhere free...lol. I just have to buy an ohm meter ....
Old 01-12-2007, 02:08 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad
thanx , i'll try that in a week somewhere free...lol. I just have to buy an ohm meter ....
You can buy a multi meter for less than half an hour of a mechanic's
time. You will learn a lot from it and have for good.

Small cheap ones, made in the east, are surprisingly accurate and great value.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!