Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Reading Meet

Old 04-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Certified Porschephile

I had a great time. Thanks to Ben for letting me drive the auto-x monster, Tom for letting me bug him all morning, and to those that enjoyed a ride in a real car before the cops shut us down. The rain was a downer, but I'd do it all again. Here's to next year. Maybe I'll have a different Porsche next time.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:06 PM
backphil

Newbie had a nice visit

It was great getting to see everyone and all the neat SVX's. I made some productive contacts and look forward to getting my SVX in tip top condition.

This is the only photo I have of it at the moment, back in Oklahoma City . . .

Morgantown Rally pics . . .

Old 04-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Still a member

Send a message via ICQ to strange179 Send a message via AIM to strange179 Send a message via Yahoo to strange179
here too

I'm finally here, having a great time meeting a bunch of new people and re-meeting a few as well. We didn't depart NH until about 12:30 or so Saturday morning so we got here to reading at about ohhhh...7:30am and I haven't had any meaningful sleep since the 5 hrs I got Thursady night.

It's so awesome to see so many SVXs in one place. I'm pretty sure we have every stock color represented and at least one non-stock (yellow) one.

So far I got to help Tom work on his brakes (that's me hunched over in the yellow plaid looking shirt in the pictures above). I got to fix my buddy Ron's exhaust manifold gaskets and alternator belt. I've eaten lots of good food at the Café 110 and Claire's. We're probably going to hang out for a few and then get some much needed shut eye. I hope tomorrow is as fun as today (better weather would help).

Jay

Black '92 LSl 270Kmi 5MT (W00t! for 1/4 million on 4/27/07)
Laguna Blue '94 L about 130Kmi (I think) for parts, in storage
previous: Green '92 LSl 253Kmi 5MT (sold to ron post moose adventure, sold to someone else)
previous: Maroon '92 LSl 130Kmi +- (sold to Ron, mashed by moose, crushed)
Black '89 XT6 5spd AWD (storage)
Old 04-22-2006, 11:19 PM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
I miss you all guys.... wish I was in Ohio and made to the meet . Hope you all will have a gr8888 and fun time...

cheers,
-Pavan
Old 04-23-2006, 05:52 PM
Original Owner 1992-2008

Send a message via AIM to MoreIBNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark
I had a great time. Thanks to Ben for letting me drive the auto-x monster, Tom for letting me bug him all morning, and to those that enjoyed a ride in a real car before the cops shut us down. The rain was a downer, but I'd do it all again. Here's to next year. Maybe I'll have a different Porsche next time.
So, what Porsche did you have and what happened with the cops? Us non-attenders want to know!!

By the way, I love my Porsche!! Week after next - Summit Point Raceway!!

Gary
Old 04-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreIBNR
So...what happened with the cops? Us non-attenders want to know!!
The SWAT units came rolling in with guns held high and opened fire when someones exhaust backfired...

Actually, they just sort of parked in the parking lot that we were using as a drag strip... No confrontations that I know of. Just a pathetic show of force But then we are talking about MoTownPD "Pathetic Show of Force" is in a banner on their patrol cars...
Old 04-23-2006, 06:15 PM
Certified Porschephile

1984 Porsche 928 S (photos of her are posted in the other thread). It was fun. I would have run her against that SVX with no wing that kept running back and forth, but I showed some restraint. As for the cops, they just sat in the lot after the mall guard complained.

Last edited by Royal Tiger; 04-23-2006 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:38 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark
Glad you enjoyed it but it really isn't suited to that sort of driving. I'm sure SVXride will chime in at some point about his... cough... attempt to "if you can't beat 'em, why not run their car into the brick wall of the York Fairgrounds" philosophy that he seemed to have today autoxing it. Too bad Harry had already headed for Virginia otherwise he'd have a nice video of it. Seriously, I'm sure he'll be brutally honest (as I would hope) about driving her today. Lucky devil even got to drive on a dry course rather than the downpour that sent me running for the pits to change victoracers for Hocrest's balder than bald street tires just so I could turn on the course without the front sliding out on me.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:32 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
Glad you enjoyed it but it really isn't suited to that sort of driving. I'm sure SVXride will chime in at some point about his... cough... attempt to "if you can't beat 'em, why not run their car into the brick wall of the York Fairgrounds" philosophy that he seemed to have today autoxing it. Too bad Harry had already headed for Virginia otherwise he'd have a nice video of it. Seriously, I'm sure he'll be brutally honest (as I would hope) about driving her today. Lucky devil even got to drive on a dry course rather than the downpour that sent me running for the pits to change victoracers for Hocrest's balder than bald street tires just so I could turn on the course without the front sliding out on me.

Ben/Dave,
Thank you both for letting me take the 'Racer out for a spin (okay, almost a spin ) at York. I had a great time shaking the rust off that had formed since last season and figuring the 'Racer out (and the course!). The 'Racer has great potential, can't wait for you to sort out everything we talked about. Wish I'd had two more runs Really didn't take too long to get from York down to my parent's place to pick up Austin, so I'll have to figure out a reason to "spend the day" at one of the future York events (nothing beats "seat time" when it comes to autoX!!). Thanks again!

Couple of pics from York:

-Bill
p.s. no, I never really got that close to that big brick wall
p.p.s. no way am I going to blame my inability to have the lowest time on any of the "interesting" aspects of the Race Car's suspension or alignment....
p.p.p.s please post the official times as soon as they're available

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker

Last edited by SVXRide; 04-23-2006 at 08:51 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: